2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Dnero1: Kaeding did work with 5 FGs. Thought Blair Walsh would be the kicking hero this week.

SneakerPro: Demaryius I'm not surprised by. Floyd, I honestly am. He's so inconsistent it was maddening last season in fantasy.

Shox23: Ry Williams had a poor Week 1 against a strong Seattle D, but he could still take the job from Beanie. In the air right now, 50/50.

vvsvito: Cobb, Morris, McCluster, Ogletree, Hill.

Cobb got significant and legitimate targets from Rodgers. Morris had a strong week but is crippled by Shanny's decision-making. McCluster best in PPR formats. Ogletree benefited from space on the field created by Dez and miles. Hill doesn't have a reliable enough QB to produce every week.

SneakerHeathen: I will never trust Flacco as a QB1 even in Cam's new no-huddle offense that worked so brilliantly against Cincy. They still play Pittsburgh twice a year, that will be the real test for Joe.

I never listen to Shanny's endorsements, public or otherwise. He named Royster the starter on Washington's depth chart before their Week 1 game at the Superdome.

TrickDaddy305: Floyd, Morris, Jeffery in that order for priority pickups.

ShadyKay NT: Don't buy the Buffalo hype on defense just because of Rio. One player doesn't transform an entire unit. Although the Bills have been decent in the past at forcing turnovers (INTs).

YoungTriz: Now that I think about it more, maybe hold onto Moore because he's going to cook at 100%. Maybe around Week 4 or so. Can you drop someone else for Cobb?

Mez One: I trust Zimmer (DC) enough to go Cincy D in the next couple weeks.

Spiller easily the first choice. Bush and Brown after that. Then K. Smith and Morris.

WhatsLosinLike: Fairly close. Can Alex Smith get the football to Manningham enough consistently? Maybe. Can Ogletree continue to exploit the space created by Dez and Miles on those quick slants? Maybe. On paper Manningham is the better option. Ogletree is the riskier play. High risk, high reward. You can afford risk on your bench though.

LBJ23navo: Who you dropping for Dwyer? Post your FA pool (RBs).

FlyerThanDelta: I would at this point. But you have to track the Shanny situation closely. Wilson has to sort out the fumbling before Coughlin trusts him with first-team reps.

Mez One: Slight edge to Tony Gonzalez. Detroit defense is overrated in my opinion, for fantasy at least. Tony a difficult match-up and underrated TE even in his twilight years. VD didn't get enough red-zone targets in 2011-2012 for my taste, despite scoring Week 1.

jking0821: I'd go Bowe, Decker, Wayne. Colston still battling the foot injury and it affected his production Week 1. Moore was the NO WR to steal the show against the Skins.

Swade486: Maclin is questionable and will most likely not play in my opinion. Philly just signed a receiver, Gilyard. I would insert DHB there. Garcon stays in your Flex unless he can't go. Then swap in Hillis.

MMG: Based on priority.

AllenIversonFan01: Closer than you think, man. Cutler is going to go off with Marshall and Jeffery all season. Matthews a legitimate RB1 when healthy and potential top-12 fantasy producer. Dre has injury concerns. You're buying high on Matty Ice's Week 1 with Julio.

omgitswes: Welker is still a must-start, even more so in PPR formats. No one can really explain Week 1. Sure, NE was running more but that doesn't explain Welker's limited targets and receptions.

SneakerPro: That Seattle D is a different animal in front of their home crowd with noise and energy. Keep them over Detroit.

jQQQQQ: Happens to the best of us, man. Just remain active and trust your instincts.

michael0360: Morris will have the most immediate trade value based on his strong Week 1, assuming Shanny continues to run him 20+ carries a game. I would sell him high as soon as now. Cobb's value hinges on Rodgers spreading the football around. Jennings' injury kicks up the stock of Jordy, Cobb, and James Jones. I'll make the prediction that Cobb has the better season overall than Morris over 16 games if you factor in return TDs as well.

atransta: Stafford against SF. One week isn't enough to trust Flacco as a QB1 in Cam's no-huddle offense at Philly's home opener. Different game for the Eagles than at Cleveland.

tylerhundley: You should trust Lance Moore. He's the New Orleans WR to own outside of Jimmy and Colston. D. Moore will push for a spot once he's 100%. Package your depth to upgrade your starting positions. Like WR2, RB2, or Flex.

Hugo: Eli. Schiano will aim to stop the run again like the Bucs did against Carolina. It's his mantra and philosophy. Eli goes through the air. I think Cruz and Nicks redeem themselves Week 2.

Mez One: Once again, still Cincy for me. I trust Zimmer, he's a good defensive coach. The Bengals will get it figured out even with less front seven depth compared to last year's strong playoff run.

MFTIOA: Wow, talk about a difficult decision. Everyone can see Marshall linking up with Cutler means monster numbers like their tenure in Denver. But Fitz is arguably the second best fantasy WR after Megatron. Only Julio could press him for that spot. Everyone worries about Fitz's QB situation, deservedly so. I think if you can get Fitz and give up Marshall, that's good value based on ADP. However, if you're getting Marshall for Fitz, I'd want a bench player to compensate for the difference in ADP.

PPR or no?

JPZx: STL's defense looked better against Detroit and Shanny is fickle with RBs. I'm trusting MJD to perform somewhat well even against Houston.

Cold City: Wealth of QB options. I'd sit Eli out of those three. Cam slightly over Peyton because of running ability. Close call honestly.

jblackcat13: Ryan Matthews is available? Add him with a quickness over Morris.

Slicknick951: Take that deal if you're getting Eli and Daniels. Is it a keeper league? RG3 will come down to Earth. New Orleans defense is nothing to write home about. Garcon battling a foot injury. Hankerson, Davis, and Santana must step up.

I'd try to do RG3, Olsen, and Quizz for Eli, Daniels, and Sproles. Yes, that's highway robbery for you. See if he bites and how bad he truly wants RG3. Sell him on RG3's legs and deep-ball accuracy.

Dnero1: You can move Fitz but make sure you get proper return. Meaning a WR1 and RB2. Something like Julio and Doug Martin would be a nice package. Doubt anyone bites after Week 1. Maybe Victor Cruz or Hakeem Nicks packaged with Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, or Marshawn Lynch (that'd be a steal).

nike4KJA05: Cutler looks extremely comfortable with Forte, Bennett, Marshall, and Jeffery. There's your answer. GB defense gives up more yards than my high school football team. Stafford drawing a difficult match-up as evidenced by Aaron Rodgers' performance on Sunday.

or you could just drop him like the moron in my league did :smh:
Where they do that at? Sign me up if it's a money league.

In all seriousness, I love sniping high-value players in Fantasy Sports. For example, baseball is the easiest. Lots of managers get frustrated with Hosmer, M. Young, IPK, Timmy, etc. I love picking up those guys based on ADP and strengthening my roster. Worst case scenario, you drop them. Best case scenario, they regain their All-Star form. Got A-Rod in two leagues that way. Tulo in another NT league.

someone in my league dropped crabtree so im dropping manningham to get him, waiver number 10 out of 12 though :frown:

I have Dan Bailey as my kicker and was wondering should I keep him or go pick up Billy Cundiff or ATL Kicker, any suggestions?

I also decided to pick up Cinci D since they playing my Browns this week, although Denver and Jets are there on the waiver wire to pick up for now

Last edited:
someone in my league dropped crabtree so im dropping manningham to get him, waiver number 10 out of 12 though :frown:
Solid move. Hope you get him. Crabby proved me wrong Week 1. Let's see if he brings it for another fifteen games. Long season, boys.

I have Dan Bailey as my kicker and was wondering should I keep him or go pick up Billy Cundiff or ATL Kicker, any suggestions?
I also decided to pick up Cinci D since they playing my Browns this week, although Denver and Jets are there on the waiver wire to pick up for now
I've got Bailey ranked over Bryant and Cundiff in that order. Too early to drop Bailey. Another week or two of poor numbers and go to the FA pool.

Jets D could prove most long-term value at D. Cincy good for this weak string of games.

Should I drop C Benson for Morris? My other RBs are CJ2k, Ridley, David Wilson and Michael Bush
Yeah, I would. Ced won't get a healthy dose of carries under McCarthy. He's in the twilight zone of his career anyway. GB is a pass-happy squad.

Went 1-2 this week. Got cooked in one league and lost by 7.6 in the other :smh: :smh:. Michael Turner and Fred Davis did me dirty, if they would've put up just 4 more points a piece I would've had the win.

I'm actually pretty happy with my team in the league that I lost badly in so I'm not making any waiver wire pickups. I'm 4th in the waiver order in my other league (PPR) and need RB help and CJ Spiller, Alfred Morris, and Dexter McCluster are all available so I'm hoping to scoop one of them. Not sure who to drop though, it's a toss up between Kendall Hunter, Cedric Benson, and Danny Amendola. Probably gonna go with Hunter since Britt will be back in week 3, Amendola played well, and Benson faced the #1 run D in the league which is partly why he didn't produce (Packers probably won't use him much anyway, but I'd still like to hold onto him a little longer). Any advice?

Last edited:
Went 1-2 this week. Got cooked in one league and lost by 7.6 in the other :smh: :smh:. Michael Turner and Fred Davis did me dirty, if they would've put up just 4 more points a piece I would've had the win.
I'm actually pretty happy with my team in the league that I lost badly in so I'm not making any waiver wire pickups. I'm 4th in the waiver order in my other league (PPR) and need RB help and CJ Spiller, Alfred Morris, and Dexter McCluster are all available so I'm hoping to scoop one of them. Not sure who to drop though, it's a toss up between Kendall Hunter, Cedric Benson, and Danny Amendola. Probably gonna go with Hunter since Britt will be back in week 3, Amendola played well, and Benson faced the #1 run D in the league which is partly why he didn't produce (Packers probably won't use him much anyway, but I'd still like to hold onto him a little longer). Any advice?
I'm baffled at how fortunate some of you guys are to have Spiller available in the FA pool/waiver wire. His projections rest of the season are huge. Freddy is likely out 6 weeks, although not confirmed by the club. I've held C.J. on the bench in most of my leagues and will insert him as a RB2 starter in every single one. He has big play ability and the YPC are monstrous.

I would keep Hunter. And drop either Ced or Amendola for Spiller immediately.

By the way, Britt may play Week 2. Fighting problems in his knees but his one-game suspension is officially over.

I don't see Ced having a satisfying fantasy season in 2012-2013.

I'm baffled at how fortunate some of you guys are to have Spiller available in the FA pool/waiver wire. His projections rest of the season are huge. Freddy is likely out 6 weeks, although not confirmed by the club. I've held C.J. on the bench in most of my leagues and will insert him as a RB2 starter in every single one. He has big play ability and the YPC are monstrous.
I would keep Hunter. And drop either Ced or Amendola for Spiller immediately.
By the way, Britt may play Week 2. Fighting problems in his knees but his one-game suspension is officially over.
I don't see Ced having a satisfying fantasy season in 2012-2013.
tony romo

lesean mccoy

c.j spiller

julio jones

brandon lloyd

antonio brown

jimmy graham

jets d

dan bailey

pimp.gif
  bah gawd dont let me get albert morris/alshon jeffrey's and malcolm floyd ........its gonna be curtains

ALSO , question ...... i have jimmy graham and coby fleener on the bench who got like 80 yards , ive heard to tight ends are are a waist of 

a bench spot but i dont know if this rule implied before jimmy graham and rob grownkowski broke out last year , the flex doesnt allow tight ends

so coby fleener is there incase of an injury to jimmy graham......but its apparent he's apart of the offense so he im reluctant to just drop him

Last edited:
^^ Word, he wasn't even drafted in this league. While watching the games last night one of my boys was talking high about Spiller and he's 3rd in the waiver order so I might not be able to grab him. I have Morris and McCluster as my 2nd and 3rd priority options, respectively. McCluster looked pretty intriguing, he didn't have a carry but led the team in targets (10), receptions (6), and receiving yards (82). This being a PPR league makes him worth a look.

Last edited:
[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
SundayNight Raw (EAST)

(1-0)
[/td][td]182[/td][/tr][tr][td]
South beach, WA Miami Heat (PIMP)

(0-1)
[/td][td]154.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Quick Box Score | Full Box Score | Scoring Breakdown
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]
Line:

Top Scorer:
[/td][td]

J. Jones  30
[/td][td] [/td][td]
Line:

Top Scorer:
[/td][td]
+5.8

P. Manning  33.5
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
 Pulled off the W. Also shouts to DMC w/ 13 receptions
laugh.gif

Like almost everyone I'm riding shotgun (Hi, Champ!) on the Flacco bandwagon w/ Harbaugh driving, but is it safe to play him @ PHI or go with Big Ben vs NYJ?

Last edited:
Just offered up Darren McFadden to this Raiders homer in my league for Ray Rice... PPR Format. Let's see if he bites. :lol:

Dude is a Raiders fan for real so I'd actually be surprised if he declines this...

Team on the right...Got Pitta backing up Gates,  Holding onto Mendenhall on my bench until they say more about his knee.

Willis and Helu on the bench behind McCluster..Not sure where to go there

Rice and Garcon behind Jordy as of now, will probably go with Garcon there.

Feel solid except maybe at RB. might pick someone up

1-2 . Was up in the other two but Gates let me down (and Floyd screwed me)
mean.gif

^^^

If the league at the bottom is PPR there's no way you don't start REGGIE WAYNE... He was targeted 18 times by Andrew Luck in the first game. LMAO. :rofl:

Feel solid except maybe at RB. might pick someone up

1-2 . Was up in the other two but Gates let me down (and Floyd screwed me)
mean.gif
I think I'm in your league.......................... 
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Edit: Nevermind, ya I am but its an NT league. I thought this was my buddies league

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

If the league at the bottom is PPR there's no way you don't start REGGIE WAYNE... He was targeted 18 times by Andrew Luck in the first game. LMAO.
roll.gif
It's standard. Forgot to mention the Greg Jennings injury but yeah looks like I need to go that route
laugh.gif

I think I'm in your league.......................... 
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Edit: Nevermind, ya I am but its an NT league. I thought this was my buddies league
laugh.gif
Yes the league were you said we all sucked
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom