2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

These are the available defenses on the waiver wire (in red)
[COLOR=#red]CIN[/COLOR] vs CLE
[COLOR=#red]SD[/COLOR] vs TEN
[COLOR=#red]WAS[/COLOR] @ STL
[COLOR=#red]MIA[/COLOR] vs OAK
[COLOR=#red]KC[/COLOR] @ BUF
[COLOR=#red]MIN[/COLOR] @ IND
[COLOR=#red]NO[/COLOR] @ CAR
I'm not planning to user my waiver spot for a defense. Who would y'all pick out of the list?
Short-term: Cincy, KC, MIA, SD, AS, MIN, NO.

These are the available defenses on the waiver wire (in red)
CIN vs CLE
SD vs TEN
WAS @ STL
MIA vs OAK
KC @ BUF
MIN @ IND
NO @ CAR
I'm not planning to user my waiver spot for a defense, so hopefully one of these is available once waivers clear. Who would y'all pick out of the list?
I would take SD or MIN, both teams they're playing have a young QB.

my WR are Garcon, Megatron, and Desean Jackson.

Is that a good trio to stick with at this point? I notice a few WR's on waivers such as Cobb, Stephen Hill, and Ogletree.

Only concerned because Garcon does tend to get hurt a bit, and is already nicked up after one game, and Desean isn't usually targeted in the redzone (he does have the occasional big play though)

I would take SD or MIN, both teams they're playing have a young QB.

Cincy would be excellent as well (what I went with) since the Browns can't score a lick and have a cupcake next 4 games.

People will judge them based off Ravens game....should be an easy pickup.

Last edited:
my WR are Garcon, Megatron, and Desean Jackson.
Is that a good trio to stick with at this point? I notice a few WR's on waivers such as Cobb, Stephen Hill, and Ogletree.
Only concerned because Garcon does tend to get hurt a bit, and is already nicked up after one game, and Desean isn't usually targeted in the redzone (he does have the occasional big play though)
Megatron (WR1), Garcon (WR2), D-Jax (WR3). I'd add Cobb instantly in 12-team leagues, more tentatively in 10-team leagues depending on who you are planning to drop.

IMASOLEMAN18: I like your thinking but it's going to take more than Fleener and Dwyer for Hernandez. That package has significant mid-season value but not worth the price (ADP) for Hernandez.

AllenIversonFan01: Take that deal in a heartbeat. Shady a top-5 fantasy producer if only Any ran him more. I still see a big year for Cruz with targets despite seeing better and more coverage.

SneakerPro: I'm perfectly fine with differing opinions. Do you truly believe Demaryius will outperform Decker and Tamme (relative to TEs) this season then?

Keep this in mind before you answer. You take away the 71-yard TD, and Demaryius had four catches for 39 yards.

Look at his production since he has come back.

Hell look at his last two games.

One big play or not he still had the same amount of targets

YoungTriz: Moore could have more value once he's fully healthy, but you could be proactive and drop him for Cobb now. Then add Moore once he's 100% and performing again. Wouldn't start him over Lloyd though. Don't trust his numbers that much despite the targets in Week 1.
i just trust rodgers over palmer... the people i can drop are...
GB defense. i have the jets defense
J. stewart
Denarius Moore
Mike Williams..
im thinking of picking up Jonathan Dwyer also since fred jackson is hurt...

Last edited:
Champ, I'm stuck at who to start for my other RB. I have D. Martin @ Giants, C. Johnson @ SD, C. Spiller vs KC , and M. Bush @ Green Bay.

I'm definitely starting Martin but who should I start at the other rb. Spiller or should i start CJ?

Megatron (WR1), Garcon (WR2), D-Jax (WR3). I'd add Cobb instantly in 12-team leagues, more tentatively in 10-team leagues depending on who you are planning to drop.

Its an 8 team league so a lot of options are available, here is my roster for now: (would probably lean to dropping Ryan Williams (undecided)

Empties 3 slots already, pending waiver claims for: CJ Spiller, Michael Bush, bengals D/ST

damn he thought i was talking about denarius moore, when we were talking aobut the trade he said i could have kenny britt, stephan hill or nate burleson for the 2 RB's im thinking britt but i dont know if i can trust either of these 3

i just trust rodgers over palmer... the people i can drop are...
GB defense. i have the jets defense
J. stewart
Denarius Moore
Mike Williams..
im thinking of picking up Jonathan Dwyer also since fred jackson is hurt...
I'd definitely drop GB DEF for Randall Cobb then. Packers let up way too many yards for my liking. Cobb is a ST threat and McCarthy will find ways to get him the football for big plays down-field.

Dwyer is interesting, could be the Pittsburgh starter by year's end over Redman and Mendy. I'd stay put though. Can't decide who to drop for Dwyer. J. Stewart has more value at RB. Moore will cook once 100% in Oakland. Mike Williams showed out Week 1 for Tampa. Freeman may look his way more with Clark and V-Jax drawing coverage.

Champ, I'm stuck at who to start for my other RB. I have D. Martin @ Giants, C. Johnson @ SD, C. Spiller vs KC , and M. Bush @ Green Bay.
I'm definitely starting Martin but who should I start at the other rb. Spiller or should i start CJ?
Pains me to say this because I'm a huge Doug fan, but I'd actually sit him this week. Martin drew a tough match-up and I don't like him running against the NYG away from home. He'll get the carries but I don't see the yardage or TD output being productive. Something like 24 carries for 76 yards. I'd go with the combo of Spiller and CJ2K. C.J. is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the football. YPC is atrocious, Madden video game type numbers. KC a fairly favorable match-up running the ball. CJ2K should bounce back against SD if the line can open up some significant running lanes. His quality is far more than Bush's despite the goal-line carries for TDs, which makes Michael an alluring and tempting choice. For me, still Spiller, CJ2K, Martin, Bush in that order.

Its an 8 team league so a lot of options are available, here is my roster for now: (would probably lean to dropping Ryan Williams (undecided)

Empties 3 slots already, pending waiver claims for: CJ Spiller, Michael Bush, bengals D/ST
Spiller and Bush would be huge for your RB depth. I'd insert C.J. for Ry Williams right away if your waiver priority goes through. You could drop Williams (your initial hunch) or one of your defenses (Cincy or Arizona). No sense in holding two especially in a 8-team league. I play one DEF in 12-team leagues or more based on weekly match-ups. So add Cobb for Williams or DEF. Would you list other big names in your FA pool? Maybe I can help more. I might not hold Flacco as a backup Q in a 8-teamer either. Waste of a roster spot behind Rodgers. He's never going to start for you.

damn he thought i was talking about denarius moore, when we were talking aobut the trade he said i could have kenny britt, stephan hill or nate burleson for the 2 RB's im thinking britt but i dont know if i can trust either of these 3
Sounded too good to be true.

I'd go Mendy and Jennings for Britt in a heartbeat. Tremendous WR2 or WR3 value. He should play Week 2 or Week 3. No deal for Hill or Burleson though.

If I can get a legit top flight WR I'm trading Sproles

Sidenote-- am I the only one who uses fantasy sports to sharpen their instincts? I had a dream saturday nite that garçon would have a good game and I don't even own him in any leagues. I had a bad feeling about jamaal Charles last year and Fred Jackson this year. My gut told me to start moss and Kevin smith over Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin but my left brain talked me out of it. just the kind of stuff that makes this game addicting

Somebody dropped Ryan Mathews in my league so I dropped Jared Cook for him (I already have Aaron Hernandez).

It's a standard (not PPR) 10 team league.

My team now looks like this:

QB: Brady
RB: Forte, Spiller, Richardson, Mathews, Donald Brown, David Wilson
WR: Maclin, Jennings, Steve Smith, Sidney Rice, Randall Cobb
TE: Hernandez
D: Seahawks
K: Gostkowski

Should I have dropped anyone other then Cook for Mathews? I know I got a ton of RBs now but I would never start Cook over Hernandez anyways. :lol:

Also, I don't want to start the Seahawks D this week but I don't know who to pick up or who to drop for them. The Browns, Pats, Broncos, Bucs and Jets are all available. Anyone worth a look this week?

I have Forte, Steven Jackson, Mike Bush and Darren Sproles in a 1ppr.

At what point to I consider benching Jackson for Bush?

homies advice me on this trade.. im thinking no but want to make sure

I get:
Cam Newton
Josh Freeman
Dominik Hickson
Alshon Jeffrey

I give up:
Peyton Manning
Ryan Mathews
Brandon Weeden

My other RB's are Green-Ellis, Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson
My other WR's are AJ Green, Demaryius thomas, Austin collie and Doug Baldwin.

CJ2K should bounce back against SD if the line can open up some significant running lanes.

I'm not so sure. SD's defense held McFadden under 3.0 YPC. I'm not sure if the Raiders switch to a Zone Blocking scheme (and McFadden's struggles in that system vs. a Power Blocking scheme) has anything to do with that or if the credit should go to the Chargers improved run defense. Either way, I don't like Johnson's chances against them.

homies advice me on this trade.. im thinking no but want to make sure

I get:
Cam Newton
Josh Freeman
Dominik Hickson
Alshon Jeffrey

I give up:
Peyton Manning
Ryan Mathews
Brandon Weeden

My other RB's are Green-Ellis, Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson
My other WR's are AJ Green, Demaryius thomas, Austin collie and Doug Baldwin.
Hell no. This trade is basically Cam for Manning and Mathews 
laugh.gif

I have Forte, Steven Jackson, Mike Bush and Darren Sproles in a 1ppr.

At what point to I consider benching Jackson for Bush?

I wouldn't bench S-Jax at all. Dude is still the focal point of that offense. Yes Michael Bush will vulture touchdowns but the ability of S-Jax catching passes plus being the goal line back flirts with #1 RB. Yes he is still getting up there in age, but dude is still top 10 RB imo.

Back
Top Bottom