2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Fantasy newbie here, can some please analyze my team? 10 team draft, Yahoo autodrafted the starters:

QB: RG3, Andy Dalton, Alex Smith

RB: A. Foster, DeMarco Murray, Doug Martin, DeAngelo Williams, Ben Tate Pierre Thomas

WR: AJ Green, Steve Smith, Justin Blackmon, Randy Moss

TE: Vernon Davis

Def: Chicago

Thinking to get some WR help? Any suggestions to improve?

Fantasy newbie here, can some please analyze my team? 10 team draft, Yahoo autodrafted the starters:

QB: RG3, Andy Dalton, Alex Smith
RB: A. Foster, DeMarco Murray, Doug Martin, DeAngelo Williams, Ben Tate Pierre Thomas
WR: AJ Green, Steve Smith, Justin Blackmon, Randy Moss
TE: Vernon Davis
Def: Chicago

Thinking to get some WR help? Any suggestions to improve?

how many wrs do u have to start?

Last edited:
^ yeah, if you're 2 WR 2 RB 1 Flex you're smooth. If its 2 RB 3 WR you might be in trouble lol

peyton manning
ray rice, darren sproles, roy helu, ryan williams
larry fitz, wes welker, miles austin, michael crabtree
jason witten, greg olsen

2 rbs, 3 wrs, no flex, ppr

this is my big money league. what do yall think of my team? i like it but im worried about my rbs. how can i improve?

I like the pairing of Rice/Sproles....Sproles had 83 catches last year on top of what he can get on the ground. I think Ryan is on his way to stealing the starting job in Arizona.

Just finished my first auction draft, 12 team league. 4 WR, 4 RB max. 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 Flex

What Would Jones Drew
QB Tony Romo 15
RB Matt Forte 45
RB Ahmad Bradshaw 10
WR Jordy Nelson 20
WR A.J. Green 29
TE Jason Witten 13
FLEX Julio Jones 23
FLEX BenJarvus Green-Ellis 11
D/ST Raiders D/ST 1
K Robbie Gould 1
BE Michael Bush 6
BE Denarius Moore 7
BE Jermaine Gresham 3
BE Joe Flacco 1
Total: 185
Remaining: 15

My need for fantasy advice: Recent trade I made in a very competitive NT league that's been running multiple years. 6-point passing TDs and PPR. 12-team league, all serious managers.
I traded away Brady, Colston, and Gore. I received Matty Ice, Arian Foster, and Roddy White. Thoughts?

Pending league approval my squad will look like:
QB - Ryan
RB - Foster
RB - K. Smith
WR - Marshall
WR - Welker
WR - Roddy
TE - Rudolph
W/R - DeSean
K - Gould
DEF - Jets
BN - Beanie
BN - Britt
BN - M. Bush
BN - Helu
BN - S. Rice
BN - Blount

Jonbx5: You could trade Matty Ice in a package to improve a starting position, unless you want legitimate insurance for Matty Stafford (injury prone in the past). Welker is a monster in PPR formats regardless of Lloyd. Even 100 receptions is valuable and more than almost every receiver in the league.

the hater boxden: Three elite receivers. Would consider moving Fitz to upgrade RB2. Biggest weakness is Stewart currently. Might want to start Pettigrew opening the season until Witten sorts out his injury. Willis racks up tackles next to Bowman. Lee underrated, usually nabs a couple INTs throughout the season. Sacks too. Definitely would start Steelers D over Detroit. Not buying the Lions hype on defense. 7/10, pending a trade of one of your premier receivers. That offer I would pass on, but MJD and Jackson for Fitz is more than fair for you (instead of Megatron). I'm honestly not loving that second trade offer. Giving up too much to get Ray Rice, even though I believe he can be a top-3 fantasy producer with ease.

senor chang: I believe that's a fair and legitimate trade. Don't know why the league would vote against.

Proshares: Do keep me posted on the MJD trade proposals.

I wouldn't do that trade, by the way. Megatron is tempting but Julio is due for a monster year and only a step behind in potential production. If Megatron is first tier, Julio is knocking on the door at second tier. Don't know what to expect with Matthews. He's been a hype machine with limited payout thus far. Keep Ray for now until a better offer presents itself.

HighRiser07: 8/10. Even higher if Britt plays and stays healthy, away from suspension. Wayne not the greatest WR3, but adequate enough I suppose. Would package Fred Davis in a deal for a WR3 upgrade with Wayne.

bobbyphills: Rice, Shady, Megatron, Rodgers, Brady, Brees most likely off the board. Seventh could be CJ2K. I rate it Forte, Peterson, Charles in that order. Forte is the easy choice PPR. Peterson is a bit risky but legitimate RB1, potential top-10 fantasy producer. Charles is the wildcard, capable of home-run plays. Not better than Forte or Peterson IMO.

FlyerThanDelta: I love him as a WR5, less as a WR4. He has a similar skill-set to Brandon Marshall IMO, albeit not as high quality. Big receiver can jump over defenders, go over the middle, adequate speed but obviously not world-class quickness. He could become Cutler's third favorite option after Marshall and Forte with time.

My need for fantasy advice: Recent trade I made in a very competitive NT league that's been running multiple years. 6-point passing TDs and PPR. 12-team league, all serious managers.
I traded away Brady, Colston, and Gore. I received Matty Ice, Arian Foster, and Roddy White. Thoughts?

i like that trade. imo, you definitely helped your rb position. i dont like gore as a rb1.

Last edited:
mosk33toe: Very close. Both at the back-end of top-12 fantasy QBs. I see a bounce back year for Rivers and a healthy Gates. Especially if Matthews can stay on the field. Most believe in Matty Ice more so than me, linking up with Julio, Roddy, Gonzalez, and Quizz. I've got Rivers by a hair. So I'd take the trade.

6.5/10. 7/10, if you can upgrade that RB2. Would start PIerre Thomas initially until Hillis shows he will steal reps and touches from Charles. Taking Gronk second-round crippled your WR2 and RB2.

JC04: Looks pretty good to me. 8/10. Feast or famine with RG3. Drop Smith immediately for another RB or WR. Handcuffed Foster with Tate. Martin is a monster at RB3. Thomas a steal at RB4. WR3 weak, don't see big numbers for Blackmon. I'd get a WR on the wire for Alex Smith. Someone like Randall Cobb or Jeffery.

Just saw, definitely start Martin in the Flex. Blackmon off bench. Changes team rating to 8.5/10 for me. RG3 only real "weakness."

Ballin Starks: 9/10 for me. Only weakness potentially is Peyton, but I'm not particularly concerned. RB3 another point of minor concern. Helu not a safe option with fickle Shanny. Ryan Williams is a sleeper if Beanie falters. Miles is no risk as a WR3, only as a WR2. I'm guessing Rice, Fitz, Welker, Sproles first four picks in PPR. Miles then Peyton. Try to find a better option than Crabby at WR4. Would drop Olsen for a RB or WR.

Thanks for your quick feedback, bro. I hate to give up Brady but my RBs are so weak. Initially the other manager offered me Ryan, Roddy, and Antonio Brown for Brady, Welker, and Gore. Which I said no to immediately. Countered with the accepted proposal I posted initially. I'm not as high on Ryan as most, especially in a 6-point per passing TD league. Roddy is a top-12 producer in PPR formats, but Julio is stealing targets rapidly. Arian instantly upgrades my RB position ten-fold. Might make another move before the season starts.

AG 47: 9/10. Very strong squad across the board. Romo underrated as fantasy QB. RBs and WRs solid. Flex is where you'll destroy most opposing managers. Julio and Law Firm, wow. Don't love Flacco as a backup. Might have taken Wilson instead of Bush to handcuff Bradshaw, even though Bush is the better back head-to-head in comparison.

My draft is tomorrow morning, and I need some final advice

3rd pick overall/12 team league

PPR, 4 PTS for Pass TD, 6 for Rush TD & Rec TD

Who should I be looking for? I thought it was megatron, now Im confused. Heeeeelp!

Last edited:
My draft is tomorrow morning, and I need some final advice

3rd pick overall/12 team league

PPR, 4 PTS for Pass TD, 6 for Rush TD & Rec TD

Who should I be looking for? I thought it was megatron, now Im confused. Heeeeelp!
Let the other managers "reach" for Rodgers or Brady. In all likelihood, Rodgers and Foster or Rice go in the first two picks. I'm taking whoever's left between Foster and Rice before Megatron.

i like that trade. imo, you definitely helped your rb position. i dont like gore as a rb1.

I really really like Roddy in a PPR league. I don't see Julio being an issue for you. Paired with Matt Ryan, who I think will have a solid year, and I love that combo in a PPR.

Foster should be a monster...pretty solid upgrade over Gore, who I'm not convinced will last the entire season, added to the fact Kendall is going to get more touches this year.

And as far as my squad, it may not be too late to handcuff Bradshaw with Wilson. I believe he went for a $1 in my league. Might be able to swing a Bush for him/another player straight up.

Thanks for the advice, Champ. I'll admit I was mistaken and was thought to have the 4th pick, in which case I'd take Megatron, but now this screws me all up
laugh.gif
 I'm not sure Graham is a viable option for me in R2

My work fantasy league is doing decimal.point scoring...... everyday I find something else about this league that i've never dealt with before. Anyone have any experience with it and would like to shed some light on it?
I like it alot more than the standard scoring. Traditionally, if my guy rushed for 10 yards and your guy rushed for 19 yards, we'd both get 1 point since its 1 point per 10 yards. With decimal scoring every yard counts, so my guy would still get 1 point but yours would get 1.9 points.
I've since warmed up to the idea and am pushing for it to be implemented in my yearly league with my friends. You are right it is a much better method.

AG 47: Appreciate the trade analysis, brotha. I also like linking the Matty Ice to Roddy connection without conceding Welker to the new Brady owner. Agreed on your point about Gore losing touches to Hunter and LaMike. One minor negative, I don't own the Tate handcuff.

In your case, I would trade M. Bush for Wilson straight up. Wilson looked good in preseason when spelling Bradshaw. Ahmad is a legitimate, moderate injury concern. Although I will admit that head-to-head on paper, Bush is the better player (RB) and receiver. Make a move with Bush unless you feel you can get more from the Forte owner.

CHECKS Grossman: You're not out of line at all to consider Megatron with the third pick in a PPR league. Just not before Arian or Rice, which I think you'll have a solid chance at, one or the other. As for Graham in R2, that's not out of the realm or un-ordinary but I'm not a believer in TE that early. Gronk or Graham, I'm looking at you. Reason being TE is fairly deep. Cook, Rudolph, Fleener, Pettigrew, Gonzalez can all be had relatively late. Although they won't be matching Gronk and Graham's production, you cripple yourself at RB and WR potentially. As witnessed by various examples and teams posted in this thread. Dream scenario would be getting Forte on the way back in R2, doubt he's still there.

I have no problem taking Harvin from the fourth round on. Third is a tad bit of a reach but not completely unreasonable. He's a PPR machine on screens and quick throws. Also gets carries and return yardage. ESPN currently has Percy ranked #26 overall on the PPR board. A bit high for my taste. I've seen him had cheaper as numerous managers seem to forget his true worth in PPR formats. I personally have Harvin more in the low-30 range. He's too soon for your R3 pick but good value if still available on the way back R4.

Zyzz: Stewart is a RB3 or Flex at best. RB2 if you're in makeshift mode, meaning bye or injury. He's splitting too much with DeAngelo and Tolbert. I assume Carolina is going Tolbert in goal-line situations. DeAngelo as the starter. Plus Stewart is often hurt, although he technically hasn't missed that many considerable games.

FlyerThanDelta: Honestly I think Ry Williams is the better option long-term, but hold onto Ced for now and flag Ry. Ced looked good enough in preseason but how many carries will he really get? How long will McCarthy really stick with Ced? On the other side, Williams has breakout potential to beat out Beanie, which has me really concerned because I own Beanie in multiple leagues as a backup bench RB.

AG 47: Appreciate the trade analysis, brotha. I also like linking the Matty Ice to Roddy connection without conceding Welker to the new Brady owner. Agreed on your point about Gore losing touches to Hunter and LaMike. One minor negative, I don't own the Tate handcuff.

In your case, I would trade M. Bush for Wilson straight up. Wilson looked good in preseason when spelling Bradshaw. Ahmad is a legitimate, moderate injury concern. Although I will admit that head-to-head on paper, Bush is the better player (RB) and receiver. Make a move with Bush unless you feel you can get more from the Forte owner.

Anytime. If you think about it, 1200 yards and 6 TDs are very solid numbers for a WR1. Say Julio and Roddy each post those type of numbers. About 800 received yards for Gonzalez and you're looking at 3200 passing yards for Matt Ryan. I think it's safe to assume he'll get closer to 4,000 passing yards this year considering he's averaged 3,900 yards the last two years. Throw in 300-400 for Rodgers/Turner receiving you still have at LEAST 300 yards unaccounted for that I think both Roddy and Julio will benefit from.

Question for you, who's higher on your receiver list, Dez or Jordy? I own Romo and thinking about a Jordy/Bush for Dez/David Wilson swap.

just drafted in 10man standard league

my team: (autodrafted first 2 picks, wouldve went dmc/stafford but the computer gave me larry fitz
frown.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
)

qb eli manning

wr larry fitz

wr brandon marshall

wr pierre garcon

rb dmc

rb fred jackson

te aaron hernandez

k stephen gostowski

def seattle

bn ahmad bradshaw

bn donald brown

bn justin blackmon

bn kendall wright

bn josh freeman

bn ben tate

another owner who has aaron rodgers wants dmc. he said dmc and eli for rodgers and a filler

heres his team

qb aaron rodgers

wr wes welker

wr mike wallace

wr vincent jackson

rb demarco murray

rb michael turner

te jacob tamme

k dan bailey

def baltimore

bn jason witten

bn beanie wells

bn jacquizz rodgers

bn malcolm floyd

bn matt schaub

bn brandon lafell

what offer should i give him?

Last edited:
CHAMP, who would you start week 1 at the flex: doug martin at home against Panthers, Rashad Jennings @ Vikes or Eric Decker @home against Pitt?

12 team, non PPR.
As you can see I've already handcuffed Forte with Bush.  My question is this: Is a roster spot worth it to handcuff S-Jax as well with Pead?  I ask this because he's 29 and has a lot of tread on the tires.

Somebody's already inquired about Mendenhall and I would be targeting Fleener in that trade so Jeffery would likely be the one dropped.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom