2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Whew!!! Way to come up big late Miles, I was worried.

I had Miles and my Opponent had DeMarco.. Ended in a dead tie at the end of the game.

Now heres my question fellas I have Nate Washington (my flex) vs NE and Torrey Smith vs CIN starting as my starting WR but I also have Heyward Bey vs SD and Amendola vs DET on my bench. Should I keep my starters in place or should I play Hayward Bey and/or Amendola

Im thinking of trying to claim Olgetree and use him for trade bait because I need another RB

Last edited:
Sean Lee is going to do some wonderful numbers for me in my league with Def. players

Should I play Turbin?

I have Reggie, Doug Martin, Pierre Thomas, Turbin.

I dont have a #1 at RB.

Also with Witten playing Im thinking I should trade Tamme or Olsen to try and get a #1 (with one of the above)

Any help on how I should play it?

In one of my leagues I had Romo and Dez starting, other dude had Eli and Austin. I was looking really good until both of those 4th Quarter TDs. I'm still up, but not by anywhere near as much as I was pre-4th Quarter :smh: :smh:.

Last edited:
Man I got ELI and CRUZ on my squad as well as GIANTS def... they disappointed me today. Thoughts on them for next game?
Eli and Cruz will be fine, I think Nicks missing so much of the preseason threw some kinks into the passing game as a whole. It didn't look very fluid, but I'm confident that they'll get it together.

The defense looked really bad though, you might need to look into other options there. Most likely none of the top D's are on your waiver wire, so I'd play the matchup game every week. It worked out well for me last year.

I think the crappy D will actually benefit Eli/Cruz numbers as it could force them into heavy pass mode. Dallas could have easily put up a 40 burger tonight.

Ugh I started David Wilson at the Flex postion this week :smh:....at least I got some production from Dez

I give up Dez Bryant and Malcom Floyd and I get Victor Cruz? My team right now is QBs Romo Freeman RBs Rice Peterson Mathews Hillis Benson WRs Bryant Harvin Maclin Floyd Meachum Pettigrew

tony romo 
pimp.gif

david wilson .....

dan bailey.....not bad

i need lesean to make up for david wilson

and i need vick to go hard so i can package him for a rb 2 deal

I told y'all about Witten yesterday :lol: at least he got y'all 1 whole point

Im have trouble on deciding who's gonna start at WR for me this week :\ 2 Spots and a Flex

J. Nelson (GB)
J. Jones (ATL)
R. Wayne (IND)
Demaryius Thomas (DEN)
Nate Washington (TEN)

Any suggestions? :nerd:

I also Have Forte / CJ28K starting for RB and R. Jennings (JAC) that I could start at the flex considering this might be his only value week :nerd:

Hey Champ,

Thanks again for the advice on the Cruz trade.  Man had some drops last night, but I'm sure he will post numbers next week at Tampa.

I noticed in another post you dont reccomend holding two TEs.  I have Vernon Davis and J. Gresham.  I was hoping to move Gresham to someone who needed a TE, but hasnt happened as of yet.  I have the Giants D and they got smoked last night other than the 2 sacks and a pick. 

How do you feel about having 2 Defenses? Best available Defenses in my league are NYJ, Buffalo, and Detriot.  I like the Detroit option, but is it worth dropping Gresham?  I feel like having a good TE to swap in for Davis could be an asset, but maybe its a waste of a slot when I could find a fill in on waivers.  

I know that the NYG and Detroit play in tough divisions, where the Bills get the Jets and Dolphins twice. 

Any thoughts?

^ who's your number 1 Defense ? Idk if this helps but my number 1 defense is the steelers but I don't like them that much this week considering they go to Denver + 18 is playing and they have no Ryan Clark, I saw the bills sitting in pool and with their defense looking good and the Jets offense looking terrible I picked them up to start this week and moved Steelers to the bench, steelers projected was 3-4 and bills 9-10 point wise.

Jets offense looks terrible, but they have a fantastic 4 game stretch to open the season.

Quote:
^ who's your number 1 Defense ? Idk if this helps but my number 1 defense is the steelers but I don't like them that much this week considering they go to Denver + 18 is playing and they have no Ryan Clark, I saw the bills sitting in pool and with their defense looking good and the Jets offense looking terrible I picked them up to start this week and moved Steelers to the bench, steelers projected was 3-4 and bills 9-10 point wise.
I have the Giants as my #1 Defense.  I thought it was a good pick as they are usually consistant and have a great pass rush.  I liked the matchup with Romo too as he usually makes at least 2 dumb throws against a good defense, but he smoked them.  The Giants D posted me a cool 5 points last night. Just not sure who to drop to pickup another defense. I have Brees, Cruz, Maclin, Forte, T. Richardson, V. Davis, Garcon, Dan Carpenter and NYG D as Starters with Hillis, DHB, Big Ben, J. Gresham, Randy Moss, and Jaquizz Rodgers as my bench.

Back
Top Bottom