2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Jordan...i was bored as hell last night and wanted to review his early career numbers again.

His 3rd season (really his sophmore season)....27.8 shot attempts, 11.9 free throw attempts, 37 pppg. Only attempted 66 3's during that season. :x

Can you imagine if a player attempted 28 shots a game in today's game and went to the line 12 times a game? :lol:

Kobe did it in 2005-2006. 27.2 shot attempts, 10.0 FTA, 35.2 ppg, a lot more 3s though.

Lol he could win 6 straight and ****** will be like

He's still 6-2. MJ never lost
laugh.gif
He didn't though. 6-6 is untouchable. 33 ppg, 6 rpg, 6 apg in the Finals, never went to Game 7. His legacy at the top is secure. I mean the man avg 41 points 9 rpg, and 6 apg in the Finals in 1993 and lower than 30 ppg once. I'm not even an MJ guy, Magic is the guy in my eyes, but Jordan's credentials are undeniable.
Averaged more points in the playoffs than the regular season.

Why would Lebron ceiling be behind Magic if he lost this year?? Magic lost 4 times in Finals, had Kareem our all 9 of them trips and the west was weak af. You're judging based on finals right?

Nah in all honestly, Lebron would have to minimum get 7 rings to make a serious challenge at Jordan for being the best ever.

Jordan is just too heavy when you combine his individual accomplishments along with how he won.

Speaking of Jordan...i was bored as hell last night and wanted to review his early career numbers again.

His 3rd season (really his sophmore season)....27.8 shot attempts, 11.9 free throw attempts, 37 pppg. Only attempted 66 3's during that season. :x

Can you imagine if a player attempted 28 shots a game in today's game and went to the line 12 times a game? :lol:
Thank you for those stats.
Can't tell you how many 9-24FG 13/17FT games Jordan had.

Why would Lebron ceiling be behind Magic if he lost this year?? Magic lost 4 times in Finals, had Kareem our all 9 of them trips and the west was weak af. You're judging based on finals right?

Not in totality, no. MJ was a more complete player to me than Bron was that combined with his dominance of the game on the highest level give him the clear edge.

Magic lost in the Finals to Bird (Celtics) 2 times, Isiah once (Pistons) and MJ (Bulls) once (two of the top 5 players all time). While LBJ if losing this year, would have lost to Dallas and now this Spurs team (who while great, isn't going to be regarded as one of the best ever) all the while having little to no competition to get to the Finals in the first place. It's a lot about WHO you lose to and how you look in those losses and your path to get there.

Not in totality, no. MJ was a more complete player to me than Bron was that combined with his dominance of the game on the highest level give him the clear edge.

Magic lost in the Finals to Bird (Celtics) 2 times, Isiah once (Pistons) and MJ (Bulls) once (two of the top 5 players all time). While LBJ if losing this year, would have lost to Dallas and now this Spurs team (who while great, isn't going to be regarded as one of the best ever) all the while having little to no competition to get to the Finals in the first place. It's a lot about WHO you lose to and how you look in those losses and your path to get there.

View media item 1019029

MJ's 1st 3 peat Finals stats:

vs Lakers: 31.6 ppg, 11.4 apg, 6.6 rpg (age 27)
vs Blazers: 35.8 ppg, 6.5 apg, 4.8 rpg (age 28)
vs Suns: 41.0 ppg, 6.3 apg, 8.5 rpg (age 29)

Untouchable.

:rofl: Imagine what he would've done to Houston, oh lawd

He would've put up some numbers, but Hakeem's Rockets would've handled the Bulls. Come at me.

But who is checking MJ stop the foolery. Ill even go as far as this Jazz 97' n 98' >>>>>> HOU

Thank you for those stats.
Can't tell you how many 9-24FG 13/17FT games Jordan had.

Bron and MJ have the same career shooting percentage despite MJ attempting 5 more shots per game (including the Wizard years where he shot 43%) If just the Bulls years MJ shot 51% for his career. So I don't know if you're trying to say he wasn't efficient or what.

Yeah MJ was crazy efficient. Dude was averaging 38 on like 48% from the field, and 35ppg on like 53% smh.

No 3s either

So you're judging MJ on all around and Magic on finals? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to understand your logic. By what you said, I think Lebron is a more complete all around player than Magic. If Lebron were to lose this time in the finals but finish with 6 rings, he'd still be under Magic?

I've definitely had people ask me that before, "What would Bron need to do to top MJ for you?"

Before he won, it was easy for me to say "Bruh, it's not even CLOSE. He has ZERO rings. MJ has dunk competitions, championships, a DPOY, scoring titles, MVPs. Bron... is a BEAST... for sure. But all he has is scoring titles and MVPs."

But now he does have chips.

So for me: DPOY, and at least 2 more rings.

Say he gets 2 more rings (without losing), he's at 4-2, and a DPOY. I'd absolutely start considering him over MJ at that point. Not saying I'd go ahead and slide him above Air, but sure, I'd start considering it.

Not before, though. No way.

Anjd the dunk contest thing, I mean, I said that before, but honestly, that's just a fringe event. Not that important. Exciting, but not that much weight. (actually, it's not even exciting anymore, but that's another topic)

For me? DPOY and 2 more chips

MJ's 1st 3 peat Finals stats:

vs Lakers: 31.6 ppg, 11.4 apg, 6.6 rpg (age 27)
vs Blazers: 35.8 ppg, 6.5 apg, 4.8 rpg (age 28)
vs Suns: 41.0 ppg, 6.3 apg, 8.5 rpg (age 29)

Untouchable.

:rofl: Imagine what he would've done to Houston, oh lawd

He would've put up some numbers, but Hakeem's Rockets would've handled the Bulls. Come at me.

But who is checking MJ stop the foolery. Ill even go as far as this Jazz 97' n 98' >>>>>> HOU

Vernon Maxwell. He ain't gonna shut down MJ' but he was known to get into MJs head and give him problems. Nasty defender. Yes, jazz and sonics were a problem for the rockets, but that has nothing to do with bulls vs rockets. It's all about matchups. Rockets dominated everytime they played in the regular. The **** is gonna check Hakeem, dude was beasting on prime Ewing and Robinson. Perdue? Longley? Cartwright? Please don't say Rodman :x

Mikes 88-89 numbers are something to Marvel at

33ppg 8rpg 8apg & 3spg 1Bpg on 55% from the field.

Last edited:
Bron and MJ have the same career shooting percentage despite MJ attempting 5 more shots per game (including the Wizard years where he shot 43%) If just the Bulls years MJ shot 51% for his career. So I don't know if you're trying to say he wasn't efficient or what.
Jordans shooting percentage is more lay ups and dunks, than it is jump shots.
It got to a point that once he made his move to the hole he had an invisible force field around him.
Defenders couldn't touch Jordan.
He was the face of the league and he was was protected as such.

MJ didnt have the talent of DWade,CBosh,Ray Allen,RLewis and Rio sorrounded him,, period!!!

and the defense MJ had to go through,,Oh boy with Bad Boys playing Lebron James,,im telling you,,more crying for Lebron lol...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom