2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MJ's 1st 3 peat Finals stats:

vs Lakers: 31.6 ppg, 11.4 apg, 6.6 rpg (age 27)
vs Blazers: 35.8 ppg, 6.5 apg, 4.8 rpg (age 28)
vs Suns: 41.0 ppg, 6.3 apg, 8.5 rpg (age 29)

Untouchable.

:rofl: Imagine what he would've done to Houston, oh lawd

He would've put up some numbers, but Hakeem's Rockets would've handled the Bulls. Come at me.

But who is checking MJ stop the foolery. Ill even go as far as this Jazz 97' n 98' >>>>>> HOU

Vernon Maxwell. He ain't gonna shut down MJ' but he was known to get into MJs head and give him problems. Nasty defender. Yes, jazz and sonics were a problem for the rockets, but that has nothing to do with bulls vs rockets. It's all about matchups. Rockets dominated everytime they played in the regular. The **** is gonna check Hakeem, dude was beasting on prime Ewing and Robinson. Perdue? Longley? Cartwright? Please don't say Rodman :x

Lol but you mentioning Robinson and Ewing like the Bulls ain't thrash them hahah

Comparing two different-era players is always child's play...

But let me play too...

Even if you wanna compare ANY player with ANY player , you have to state the index - stat - skill you are comparing.

Are we counting rings?
Are we counting player efficiency on what level?
Are we counting points?
Stats ?And which in particular....?

How can you say who will be better when one part has ended his career and the other is building his legacy?

I was around when MJ ruled the world . I m around when LBJ tries to make it his .

Better to me ? In all honesty MJ . But Lebron is the very first guy that tries to take it away.

Will he succeed? I don't know .

But the 'who is better ' talk will always be nothing but straightup opinions.Not facts unless you set the index.

MJ didnt have the talent of DWade,CBosh,Ray Allen,RLewis and Rio sorrounded him,, period!!!

and the defense MJ had to go through,,Oh boy with Bad Boys playing Lebron James,,im telling you,,more crying for Lebron lol...

Rio? Lewis? LOL c'mon now

Vernon Maxwell. He ain't gonna shut down MJ' but he was known to get into MJs head and give him problems. Nasty defender. Yes, jazz and sonics were a problem for the rockets, but that has nothing to do with bulls vs rockets. It's all about matchups. Rockets dominated everytime they played in the regular. The **** is gonna check Hakeem, dude was beasting on prime Ewing and Robinson. Perdue? Longley? Cartwright? Please don't say Rodman :x
Repped!
Vernon Maxwell wasn't going to back down and he would have made Jordan work on defense.
Dream would have averaged 35 and 10.

Untouchable.

He would've put up some numbers, but Hakeem's Rockets would've handled the Bulls. Come at me.

But who is checking MJ stop the foolery. Ill even go as far as this Jazz 97' n 98' >>>>>> HOU

Lol but you mentioning Robinson and Ewing like the Bulls ain't thrash them hahah

That's really all you can say? Didn't know Hakeem's was the same as Robinson and Ewings and their team was built and played the same way as the Knicks band Spurs. You even watching ball at the time?

Last edited:
So you're judging MJ on all around and Magic on finals? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to understand your logic. By what you said, I think Lebron is a more complete all around player than Magic. If Lebron were to lose this time in the finals but finish with 6 rings, he'd still be under Magic?

It's not an either/or, it's a combination of everything hence (not in totality). Again it's who you beat/lose to, how you get there and how you perform in the Finals and how dominant you are as an individual player; if we're going to stick to that narrative. I don't think LBJ in totality is a better all around player, LBJ can score better, but he also shoots 5 more times per game for his career (13 to 18). Magic avg 16 shots twice in his career '81 and '87 and avg 22 and 24 ppg respectively along with 9 rpg and 9 apg in '81 and 12.2 apg and 6 rpg in '87. Also he shot 52% for his career ending up with avg of 20 ppg, 7 rpg, and 11 apg.
Magic was as good of a rebounder and the greatest passer of the ball ever. Defensively LBJ has him beat though.

Mannnnn, Forget what yall are talking about (for the 38th millionth time)

Who do YOU have winning tonight?
Gimme Heat

By a lot, unfortunately.

Sorry, Anti.

You, too, DBD.
(j/k, DBD. Take this beatdown.)

Untouchable.

That's really all you can say? Didn't know Hakeem's was the same as Robinson and Ewings and their team was built and played the same way as the Knicks band Spurs. You even watching ball at the time?

Bruh is been watching prob b4 you was born I've seen Hakeem play and I've also watched some great other Centers as well point blank period when MJ retired that's when Hakeem finally won n the yr he came back when he was rusty. Hakeem was a beast but don't tell me the rest of that rockets team can handle Pippen n Jordan. Lakers 91' Blazers 92' Suns 93' >>>>>>>>

Jordans shooting percentage is more lay ups and dunks, than it is jump shots.
It got to a point that once he made his move to the hole he had an invisible force field around him.
Defenders couldn't touch Jordan.
He was the face of the league and he was was protected as such.

And what praytell is LeBron right now? :rofl:

So if it's about comp- surely you'll give Bron a big tip of the cap and some bonus points for beating a team you picked to beat him in 5, max. Right?

So you're judging MJ on all around and Magic on finals? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to understand your logic. By what you said, I think Lebron is a more complete all around player than Magic. If Lebron were to lose this time in the finals but finish with 6 rings, he'd still be under Magic?

It's not an either/or, it's a combination of everything hence (not in totality). Again it's who you beat/lose to, how you get there and how you perform in the Finals and how dominant you are as an individual player; if we're going to stick to that narrative. I don't think LBJ in totality is a better all around player, LBJ can score better, but he also shoots 5 more times per game for his career (13 to 18). Magic avg 16 shots twice in his career '81 and '87 and avg 22 and 24 ppg respectively along with 9 rpg and 9 apg in '81 and 12.2 apg and 6 rpg in '87. Also he shot 52% for his career ending up with avg of 20 ppg, 7 rpg, and 11 apg.
Magic was as good of a rebounder and the greatest passer of the ball ever. Defensively LBJ has him beat though.

The difference in their defense far outweighs any difference they had offensively. I guess we have to agree to disagree. If Lebron can get 7 rings, I put him ahead of MJ. If he can get 4, I put him ahead of Magic.

I stopped comparing different era's a long time ago.

I mean you talking All-Defensive 1st teams back in the early 90's being better than All-NBA 1st teams today :lol:

Dumars/Payton, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, David Robinson/Hakeem?! :lol:

Then, look at the All-NBA teams from that era....you had to toss up who made the All-NBA teams between Hakeem, Shaq and Robinson :lol:

So if it's about comp- surely you'll give Bron a big tip of the cap and some bonus points for beating a team you picked to beat him in 5, max. Right?

Sure if he dominates the Spurs and they win decisively. But he went off last game and the Spurs were still right there. I don't see any reason to change my pick, it may take 6 now, but still confident SA will win.

The precedent of the discussion was if he loses, in my mind takes him out of the GOAT discussion forever in my opinion. In the annals of time though, this Spurs team (win or loss) will not be looked at in the same class as Bird's Celtics, MJ's Bulls or Isiah's Pistons if he loses, same as Dallas.

I stopped comparing different era's a long time ago.

I mean you talking All-Defensive 1st teams back in the early 90's being better than All-NBA 1st teams today
laugh.gif

Dumars/Payton, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, David Robinson/Hakeem?!
laugh.gif

Then, look at the All-NBA teams from that era....you had to toss up who made the All-NBA teams between Hakeem, Shaq and Robinson
laugh.gif
Patrick rollin over in his grave.

Why do people still think Leonard is a #1 option. Since he's been in the league he's never showed a glimpse of being able to lead a team to victory. He's a 3rd option on a good team at best

I've been wondering the same. I really haven't seen much for people to anoint him with the "future of the franchise" tag that they keep giving him. To me he'a in the same category with Parsons, Stephenson, and Klay Thompson, a very good 3rd or 4th guy on a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom