2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys know that 'Aloha' means goodbye and hello?

Aloha!!

wink.gif

At least he got to post 5 times, and say my name in half of them, and talk about the Lakers in all of them. :lol:

:smh:

Antidope, let the record show that GTB did in fact get him to give you a shout out. At least you had that little moment man.

Doesnt this just prove the article I posted as true???

We all hold onto our childhood memories of MJ and automatically rule out anybody ever being better and thats why many hate on Lebron???

Its a nostalgia thing. Growing up we will all says cartoons were better, we had more fun playing as kids before social media/internet came into play, sports were so much better, etc…. We hold onto those memories and try everything possible to discredit anything being better than how it once was…

Ive been a bron fan since high school and his whole career through the ups and downs… I honestly feel he has a CHANCE to go down as the greatest ever…

That is all opinion because everybody can measure greatness differently.

MJ was 6/6 in the finals w 6 mvps, all those acolades, he made basketball as global and widely popularized as it is today. Lebron cant compete with the 6/6 thing anymore but I do think he can continue winning and putting up numbers to rival all the greats before him and possibly pass them.

Im 28 so I did see a lot of greats in different sports that didnt win rings. I think rings is the ultimate team accomplishment. No 1 player does it alone. Yes MJ won the mvps for the bulls but he needed everybody to help and play their role… IMO Dan Marino is top 3 QB ever with 0 rings…. So much factors into these arguments..

LeBron > MJ because LeBron as a football player >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MJ as a baseball player

Matter fact : Bron in football > Kobe in futbol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MJ in baseball

Lemme see how many of you fools actually fall for this

LeBron > MJ because LeBron as a football player >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MJ as a baseball player

Matter fact : Bron in football > Kobe in futbol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MJ in baseball

Lemme see how many of you fools actually fall for this

:lol:

One of the most on point articles I have read on why people hate on Lebron..

I know a few haters in here have avis of the player they speak of in this article..

How do you guys feel about this? Some truth to it or nah?
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...ge/lebron-can-t-be-your-childhood-hero-061014

I feel that the article is a complete joke. Lebron doesn't measure up to MJ because I saw Jordan during my youth? In one fell swoop MJ's greatness and dominance became a figment of my childhood imagination because the clown who wrote this article said so.

True basketball fans want someone to surpass MJ. It's why they still watch. For those MJ moments that give you chills, a Griffin facial, Curry shooting 3s like layups, Rondo dazzling with his passes, etc...

I've seen those moments from a variety of other players who've made me literally shout in amazement as I watch them, but it's never been embodied in one player.

Over the years I've seen in it Iverson's first step, and speed down the court, Vince's hangtime, KG's passion, Olajuwon's defense and shot blocking, Bird's, and Kobe's arrogance and shot making when they were in that zone and couldn't miss, PP's fearlessness, CP3 and Stockton's ability to come up with seemingly every loose ball and get a steal, Magic's playmaking, Pippen's ability to finish on the fastbreak, KD and Shaq's unguardability....(yes, I know that's not a word)

Believe it or not, MJ was all these things, I didn't imagine it, there's no need for embellishment where he's concerned. I want to live this again with a new player because of how great it is to watch. Period.

As a basketball fan who still watches it religiously, I crave this fictitious player. I want someone to come into the league and lead all scorers in total points and finish 3rd in PPG their rookie season. In his second season in the league, I want him to play on an 8th seeded team and drop 64 points in a playoff game to a championship opponent on their home floor where they only lost 1 game all year.

Then I want him to continue dominating for like 13 seasons where he could conceivably win MVP every year but won't because people feel like obligated to vote for someone else because his dominance is so repetitive. I want him to dominate both ends and be graceful while doing it. Not relying on dropping a shoulder while plowing into people and benefiting from lax rules.

This isn't a knock on any of today's players, but it can't be ignored. The game is geared towards the offensive player, and yet the dominance that MJ displayed is still unsurpassed. That isn't my imagination, the numbers says so.

Last edited:
Nelson C just nailed this subject pretty damn well. Bravo. :pimp:

Except he's missing the fundamental fact that there will never be another Jordan and its silly as **** to hope for a player who had all that he had.

He revolutionized the game playing a position that doesn't even have that much value traditionally and historically.

He was a genius, physically perfect and absolutely insane man who had the stars align for him in ways that will only happen once.

All the players he listed are great in their own ways but its redundant and unreasonable to hold any player to MJ's standards.

Last edited:
I'm not in need of anyone surpassing Jordan. I've got to watch someone totally unique to his own since he was 17. He's given me a journey through a career I will want to feel and experience again. I won't.

So I understand exactly where you're coming from but I don't need anyone to tell me where to stop short on LeBron's place in the game. Certainly not from groups of people who told me LeBron will never do x, y or z (say, 2009 through G1 in OKC in '12) or tell me a decade ago Carmelo Anthony was his equal (forever funny, but it existed) or tell me he was transitioning to 'Robin' (heh) or recently tell me Kevin Durant is better (this wont stop). I've enjoyed the journey and the opportunity to let it play out. It's been incredibly fun. Some should try that instead of changing his legacy week to week. We're not getting Jordan again. Odds are, we're not seeing LeBron again, either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom