2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think we will ever see a 22 yr old avg 30+ & lead their team to the finals again

#heaintjordanthough

maxresdefault.jpg

I feel that the article is a complete joke. Lebron doesn't measure up to MJ because I saw Jordan during my youth? In one fell swoop MJ's greatness and dominance became a figment of my childhood imagination because the clown who wrote this article said so.

True basketball fans want someone to surpass MJ. It's why they still watch. For those MJ moments that give you chills, a Griffin facial, Curry shooting 3s like layups, Rondo dazzling with his passes, etc...

I've seen those moments from a variety of other players who've made me literally shout in amazement as I watch them, but it's never been embodied in one player.

Over the years I've seen in it Iverson's first step, and speed down the court, Vince's hangtime, KG's passion, Olajuwon's defense and shot blocking, Bird's, and Kobe's arrogance and shot making when they were in that zone and couldn't miss, PP's fearlessness, CP3 and Stockton's ability to come up with seemingly every loose ball and get a steal, Magic's playmaking, Pippen's ability to finish on the fastbreak, KD and Shaq's unguardability....(yes, I know that's not a word)

Believe it or not, MJ was all these things, I didn't imagine it, there's no need for embellishment where he's concerned. I want to live this again with a new player because of how great it is to watch. Period.

As a basketball fan who still watches it religiously, I crave this fictitious player. I want someone to come into the league and lead all scorers in total points and finish 3rd in PPG their rookie season. In his second season in the league, I want him to play on an 8th seeded team and drop 64 points in a playoff game to a championship opponent on their home floor where they only lost 1 game all year.

Then I want him to continue dominating for like 13 seasons where he could conceivably win MVP every year but won't because people feel like obligated to vote for someone else because his dominance is so repetitive. I want him to dominate both ends and be graceful while doing it. Not relying on dropping a shoulder while plowing into people and benefiting from lax rules.

This isn't a knock on any of today's players, but it can't be ignored. The game is geared towards the offensive player, and yet the dominance that MJ displayed is still unsurpassed. That isn't my imagination, the numbers says so.

I'm not in need of anyone surpassing Jordan. I've got to watch someone totally unique to his own since he was 17. He's given me a journey through a career I will want to feel and experience again. I won't.

So I understand exactly where you're coming from but I don't need anyone to tell me where to stop short on LeBron's place in the game. Certainly not from groups of people who told me LeBron will never do x, y or z (say, 2009 through G1 in OKC in '12) or tell me a decade ago Carmelo Anthony was his equal (forever funny, but it existed) or tell me he was transitioning to 'Robin' (heh) or recently tell me Kevin Durant is better (this wont stop). I've enjoyed the journey and the opportunity to let it play out. It's been incredibly fun. Some should try that instead of changing his legacy week to week. We're not getting Jordan again. Odds are, we're not seeing LeBron again, either.

Both well said. :pimp:

I'm trollin folk, it's just that people like to conveniently forget all the special **** Bron has done just for the sake of comparing him to MJ.

Take jordan out of hs straight to the league, i honestly think we wouldve seen worse than early kobe imo

He aint but thats pretty impressive for a 22 yr old

Are you talking bout Bron in 2007? Cause he avg'd 27 for the regular season 25 for the playoffs on 41% shooting.

KD was pretty impressive as well in 2012, avg 'd 28 in the regular season, 29 for the playoffs on 52% shooting at age 23. So we've seen something similar, better actually.

Let the jimmy rustling begin

I've seen those moments from a variety of other players who've made me literally shout in amazement as I watch them, but it's never been embodied in one player.

Over the years I've seen in it Iverson's first step, and speed down the court, Vince's hangtime, KG's passion, Olajuwon's defense and shot blocking, Bird's, and Kobe's arrogance and shot making when they were in that zone and couldn't miss, PP's fearlessness, CP3 and Stockton's ability to come up with seemingly every loose ball and get a steal, Magic's playmaking, Pippen's ability to finish on the fastbreak, KD and Shaq's unguardability....(yes, I know that's not a word)

Believe it or not, MJ was all these things, I didn't imagine it, there's no need for embellishment where he's concerned. I want to live this again with a new player because of how great it is to watch. Period.

My favorite thing I've read in S&T in quite some time.

Are you talking bout Bron in 2007? Cause he avg'd 27 for the regular season 25 for the playoffs on 41% shooting.

KD was pretty impressive as well in 2012, avg 'd 28 in the regular season, 29 for the playoffs on 52% shooting at age 23. So we've seen something similar, better actually.

Let the jimmy rustling begin

31ppg at 21 is even more impressive than go to the finals the next yr at 22

Kd doesnt compare sorry

Harden/russ>>>>>,snow,hughes,wally,boobie

Believe it or not, MJ was all these things

Wow. That may take the cake as far as MJ Appreciation/Admiration goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom