2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spurs had a great season this year, I'm a Spurs fan but this team in the future isn't going to be talked about as All time great level type of team

Do realize the teams MambaMVP llisted are recognized as All time great teams with all time great players in their prime

The 2014 Spurs and 2011 Mavericks don't really fit that criteria

I think Kahwi Patty Thiago Green would disagree.
I think Duncan Manu Parker and Pop would also disagree.
A lot of people would disagree.
I would disagree.

So we just going to ignore they went 7 with Dallas and got waxed by OKC twice. Who knows if not for Serge's calf of they even get past the Thunder.

Hell they lost more games this year than last year in the playoffs and that team blew out Miami by 36. Was that one of the all time great teams last year? They had a point differential of +147 last year about 7 per game and +214 this year in two more games about 9 per game. Don't let the domination of the Heat which few outside of myself and a select others on here predicted cloud what actually happened.

Last edited:
From what I've heard from older heads, he got crap in the 80's when they lost back to back to Philly and Boston.

89 he only played part of that finals before getting hurt and they were coming off back to back titles. Byron Scott missed that series as well.

91 they were overmatched. Worthy got hurt and missed games 4 and 5. They most likely still lose that.

There was also getting Paul Westhead fired (a new thing back then) and "Tragic Johnson" after choking in '84. I can only imagine how huge those stories would've been with today's coverage.

They lost what? 7 games?
3 Dallas
1 Portland
2 OKC
1 Heat
Pretty impressive. Any of those teams could ran to the ECF

Last edited:
They lost what? 7 games?
3 Dallas
1 Portland
2 OKC
1 Heat
Pretty impressive. Any of those teams could ran to the ECF

Again it was in comparison to the teams Magic lost two who outside of that 84 Celtics team who lost 8 games; the other's lost a total of 5 games combined in their playoff runs including the Finals (Sixers, Pistons, Bulls). Again universally historically recognized great teams with HOFers in their primes.

Last edited:
Both times the Heat lost since Lebron got there, they've lost to the best team in the league. 4 years, 2 ships, 2 final losses to the best team in the league. That is comparable to who Magic lost to.

So those are the only "historically dominant" teams. No way. I'm just not buying it. Though they are superb teams, it doesn't stop there. The most dominant ever in my lifetime was the Bulls team that lost only 10 reg season games. The 97-98 team I think. But I've seen a lot. The Lakers team with Kobe/Shaq was pretty impressive. That Celtics squad with the Big 3 was pretty impressive. This Spurs team is right up there with any if the greats I've seen. I'm not believing any thing else no matter how many stats I see or how they compare to the 80's competition. They are incomparable my dude, they just are. Stats and PER only go so far with me, you have to play the game

The Spurs had a great season this year, I'm a Spurs fan but this team in the future isn't going to be talked about as All time great level type of team

Do realize the teams MambaMVP llisted are recognized as All time great teams with all time great players in their prime

The 2014 Spurs and 2011 Mavericks don't really fit that criteria

I think Kahwi Patty Thiago Green would disagree.
I think Duncan Manu Parker and Pop would also disagree.
A lot of people would disagree.
I would disagree.

:lol:

You dont realize what an historically great team is

MambaMVP said 1983 Sixers they had the NBA MVP in Moses Malone and another MVP contender in Dr.J , Sixth Man of the Year and one of the greatest defenders in NBA history in Bobby Jones. That team won 65 games during the regular season and holds the all time record for highest playoff winning percentage

The 1984 Celtics had MVP Larry Bird, had 2 All Stars in Parish and McHale, who also was Sixth Man of the Year and an All NBA Defensive selection in Dennis Johnson

The 1991 Bulls shouldn't even have to be discussed

Oh no, they went 7 against a really good 49-win Mavs team and lost two against a 59-win Thunder team and proceeded to close them out without their All-NBA point guard while absolutely dismantling the 54-win Blazers in between. All we hear about on here is how much of a historical imbalance there is between the East and West but now people don't want to take that into account? Give credit where it's due.

I realize that like anything in life "historically great teams" is a matter of opinion and can be debated in many directions when involving different factors.
That's what I realize

Both times the Heat lost since Lebron got there, they've lost to the best team in the league. 4 years, 2 ships, 2 final losses to the best team in the league. That is comparable to who Magic lost to.

So everyone was pegging Dallas as the best team before the playoffs started? I could have sworn the Spurs had the top seed in the West that season and the Lakers were the two time defending champs. Revisionist history man.

Not to mention the fact that 3 outta the 4 teams Magic lost to had the league MVP from that season on their squad.

Oh no, they went 7 against a really good 49-win Mavs team and lost two against a 59-win Thunder team and proceeded to close them out without their All-NBA point guard while absolutely dismantling the 54-win Blazers in between. All we hear about on here is how much of a historical imbalance there is between the East and West but now people don't want to take that into account? Give credit where it's due.

Pretty much

So those are the only "historically dominant" teams. No way. I'm just not buying it. Though they are superb teams, it doesn't stop there. The most dominant ever in my lifetime was the Bulls team that lost only 10 reg season games. The 97-98 team I think. But I've seen a lot. The Lakers team with Kobe/Shaq was pretty impressive. That Celtics squad with the Big 3 was pretty impressive. This Spurs team is right up there with any if the greats I've seen. I'm not believing any thing else no matter how many stats I see or how they compare to the 80's competition. They are incomparable my dude, they just are. Stats and PER only go so far with me, you have to play the game

The teams you mentioned had Prime Jordan, Kobe and Shaq not to mention other greats like Pippen. The 2008 Celtics had 3 Hall of Famers who were just exiting their primes if you cant see the difference between that and the 2014 Spurs I dont know what you tell you

Like if we had a tournament of the greatest NBA teams of history and yall would really pick the 2014 Spurs?

They get credit. I don't think they're on those other teams level. Not even that 2001 Lakers squad if we're throwing teams out there but specifically Magic's defeats.

I don't think losing 7 games in route to a chip is as dominant as those other squads.

Their more in the tier of the 2004 Pistons, or even the last two Heat title squads, not a knock but it's just on a different level.

Last edited:

So everyone was pegging Dallas as the best team before the playoffs started? I could have sworn the Spurs had the top seed in the West that season and the Lakers were the two time defending champs. Revisionist history man.

Not to mention the fact that 3 outta the 4 teams Magic lost to had the league MVP from that season on their squad.

If Lebron even kinda showed up in 2011, The Heat wouldve won that year

Lebron was a complete ghost that series

This is what I realize about today's generation not just on NT but in life, they believe what's on the internet because that's where education is. None of you that are saying (im assuming) great things about that 83-84 Philly squad watched them play or knew any of the players or stats outside of the net.
I could spend a week of my time starting a site and a blog, doing a search engine optimization for said blog and site and adding the correct "click words" to that particular site/blog and make it sure it shows up in the 1st page as the 1st link when you google "best nba teams ever".

I then could brag up this Spurs team with every stat and award I can find including PERs win differentials etc to support my argument as them Being the best ever on said blog/site and within a week, every poster in here would be praising this Spurs team as the GOAT based on the info from my blog.

That's what I realize

Last edited:

The 2007 MVP lost in the First round so there was nothing Lebron could do about that if he wanted. :smh:

In 2011 he beat the MVP in the ECF

In 2014 he got beat by the team that beat the MVP.

The more I think about it I'm not sure not sure what MVPs have to do with this.

Also them 80's teams only had to win 3 in the first round.

In 84 the 8th seed in the east went 35-47.

No one was pegging the 04 pistons either, that doesn't mean they weren't the best team in the league. It's one thing to lose to a lesser team in the finals, it's another to lose the better team. I'd honestly understand your stance if they lost to a lesser team. Seems like you're saying Magic gets a pass because the teams he lost to were better than those Lakers. A better team is a better team, even if they aren't historically great.

This is what I realize about today's generation not just on NT but in life, they believe what's on the internet because that's where education is. None of you that are saying (im assuming) great things about that 83-84 Philly squad watched them play or knew any of the players or stats outside of the net.
I could spend a week of my time starting a site and a blog, doing a search engine optimization for said blog and site and adding the correct "click words" to that particular site/blog and make it sure it shows up in the 1st page as the 1st link when you google "best nba teams ever".

I then could brag up this Spurs team with every stat and award I can find including PERs win differentials etc to support my argument as them Being the best ever on said blog/site and within a week, every poster in here would be praising this Spurs team as the GOAT based on the info from my blog.

That's what I realize

Lol there's actually video of those games. We didn't have to witness it live to speak on it. Two of those squads Magic lost to were top 25 in playoff point differential all time (DET-23 and CHI-5th) since that was brought up and the other two had the league MVP on their team.

Last edited:
Speaking of historically great teams, LAL 99 2000 was straight dominant man. I remember watching them and thinking how crazy it was that they like...never lost :lol:

Got to the playoffs though and almost completely blew 2-0 and 3-1 leads :smh:

The 2007 MVP lost in the First round so there was nothing Lebron could do about that if he wanted. :smh:

In 2011 he beat the MVP in the ECF

In 2014 he got beat by the team that beat the MVP.

The more I think about it I'm not sure not sure what MVPs have to do with this.

Also them 80's teams only had to win 3 in the first round.

In 84 the 8th seed in the east went 35-47.

I just brought up the MVPs to reinforce the competition Magic was going up against in the Finals compared to LBJ.

Teams as good as the Lakers with the best guys in their primes vs teams as good as Miami with their best players past theirs.

So if we had a tournament with

Russell's best Celtic team
Chamberlains 1967 Warriors
The 1971 Bucks
The 1972 Lakers
The 1983 SIxers
A Larry Bird led 1980s Celtic team
A Magic led 1980s Lakers team
The Bad Boy Pistons
A Jordan led 1990s Bulls team
Hakeem's Rockets
A Shaq/Kobe 2000s team
2008 Celtics
Kobe's Lakers
The 2011 Mavericks
The 2012 Heat
The 2014 Spurs

And you could only bet on one team

Some of yall would ride with the 2014 Spurs?

So if we had a tournament with

Russell's best Celtic team
Chamberlains 1967 Warriors
The 1971 Bucks
The 1972 Lakers
The 1983 SIxers
A Larry Bird led 1980s Celtic team
A Magic led 1980s Lakers team
The Bad Boy Pistons
A Jordan led 1990s Bulls team
Hakeem's Rockets
A Shaq/Kobe 2000s team
2008 Celtics
Kobe's Lakers
The 2011 Mavericks
The 2012 Heat
The 2014 Spurs

And you could only bet on one team

Some of yall would ride with the 2014 Spurs?

I'd ride with the 97-98 Bulls. The 10 loss reg season Bulls. Against the best from any of those other teams listed

Last edited:
Speaking of historically great teams, LAL 99 2000 was straight dominant man. I remember watching them and thinking how crazy it was that they like...never lost :lol:

Got to the playoffs though and almost completely blew 2-0 and 3-1 leads :smh:

2001 Lakers lost only 1 game. I think that was one of the most dominant runs.

The teams you mentioned had Prime Jordan, Kobe and Shaq not to mention other greats like Pippen. The 2008 Celtics had 3 Hall of Famers who were just exiting their primes if you cant see the difference between that and the 2014 Spurs I dont know what you tell you

Like if we had a tournament of the greatest NBA teams of history and yall would really pick the 2014 Spurs?

Lol, this Spurs team doesn't have any HOFers exiting their prime? None?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom