2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

can you please show me where I said only Black people

Show me where I indicated that YOU said anything?
laugh.gif

I was just following up on the context of Cuban's comments in which it is different with him because his comments aren't directly towards Black people.
I said his comments do not parallel w/ Sterling so again......what are you trying to prove?

but at the same time it's coming off as indirect support for him

Last edited:
I think Cuban is more concerned with what doors this action will open in the future. Sterling gets banned from the NBA and forced to sell his team today, Cuban cusses out a ref tomorrow or another owner is caught with a prostitute. Where will they draw the line?

I'm still in disbelief that the league can strip someone of a franchise for this. What he said is indefensible, but the actions taken against him could be a real slippery slope. Curious to see how this plays out.

I do hope that Sterling gives it everything he's got in a court of law fighting this because I'd like to see how the courts weigh in on this.

Cuban is def right with his comments...I won't disagree with that but it has nothing to do with sterling....he basically just okayed sterling ignorance.....sterling incident and history isn't about crossing some street to avoid a stereotype

b/t this and the tweet he sent out the day sterling got expose..I'll say Cuban def got a lot of love for sterling
laugh.gif

Cuban is different, though. Sterling has had a long history, and he didn't isolate his prejudice to only Black people.
^

ok.....quote wasn't necessary if you're gonna backpedal like this....guess that block education didn't quite succeed

<3

moving on..

Last edited:
I think Cuban is more concerned with what doors this action will open in the future. Sterling gets banned from the NBA and forced to sell his team today, Cuban cusses out a ref tomorrow or another owner is caught with a prostitute. Where will they draw the line?

I'm still in disbelief that the league can strip someone of a franchise for this. What he said is indefensible, but the actions taken against him could be a real slippery slope. Curious to see how this plays out.

I do hope that Sterling gives it everything he's got in a court of law fighting this because I'd like to see how the courts weigh in on this.

1. The NBA is a private club. They don't want you, they don't need you.

2. It's not like he's even at a loss. He's making close a a billion off this "punishment".

do you think he should remain the owner?

Regardless if Cuban's comments are right or wrong, he shouldn't have disclosed them especially with the heat Sterling is getting. Of course, Cuban has to be that guy though :{. I'm glad the MLB is keeping his a** out of their league.

If Cuban feels this way about creating a slippery slope then don't vote for Sterling's removal. If he's truly concerned about the slippery slope, he can vote that way but I doubt he wants to face the backlash.

do you think he should remain the owner?

If I had my choice he wouldn't be in the league, but I'm not entirely convinced that him having prejudices precludes him from ownership. If he was acting on those prejudices by not hiring certain races as team employees, then it would be an easy decision. However his views did not appear to affect his hiring practices as related to the management of the team. I know someone will bring up his incidents with his rentals, but there is no way the NBA can be allowed to start policing all aspects of an owner's life.

In short, don't agree with his views, but a little thing called "due process" comes into play here. We would all want it.

Does we want to see every NTer that comes into a thread and posts "would hit it" after a picture of a woman get labeled a sexual predator and get fired from their job for it?

If I had my choice he wouldn't be in the league, but I'm not entirely convinced that him having prejudices precludes him from ownership. If he was acting on those prejudices by not hiring certain races as team employees, then it would be an easy decision. However his views did not appear to affect his hiring practices as related to the management of the team. I know someone will bring up his incidents with his rentals, but there is no way the NBA can be allowed to start policing all aspects of an owner's life.

In short, don't agree with his views, but a little thing called "due process" comes into play here. We would all want it.

Does we want to see every NTer that comes into a thread and posts "would hit it" after a picture of a woman get labeled a sexual predator and get fired from their job for it?

They can't do it to the owner's but they could fine caches and players for making comments?

If we're going to use the NBA is a business and to represent that business you have to act accordingly thing with players & coaches it should also apply to the owners. How is his personal prejudice not a problem when they became public and it's an EXTREME prejudice towards an entire league that's 85% black. Regardless of moral choices his prejudice is bad for the league on a business standpoint. Imagine if Lebron really does decide to sit until Sterling is fired?

He's an liability at a huge level, when your a liability at your workplace you get fired.

what about his treatment of Elgin Baylor or parading women into the teams locker room to stare at black men like animals at the zoo?

and they police the players lives off the court

Last edited:
I think the biggest issue people have with Lebron is that he "ran" and got help. I don't think any other great has done that.

He has been the best in the League for a few years now. But I do agree he doesn't carry himself like past greats have.

But how can anybody blame him for leaving Cle for MIA? I would have done the same damn thing. You're in your mid 20's where would you rather be? It actually took heart to do it.

All yall chill, Lance is sleeping.

View media item 983078

Kinda random here, but I found these old Micky D's cups yesterday and thought I'd share them in here since it's not really thread-worthy. Thought maybe some of you would get a kick out of them.

nq94qr.jpg

super dope

maybe the greatest gif ive ever seen :lol

This

I agree with Cuban but he's really opening himself up for unnecessary critique. Getting rid of Sterling could indeed cause a slippery slope for owners and NBA employees but let's be honest... you can get away with pretty much any ******* thing and not lose your franchise. Seriously, anything. You almost have to want to give away your franchise to put yourself in a position to lose it. Cuban should have nothing to worry about really, he already does tons of outlandish things that haven't gotten him anywhere near the trouble Sterling found himself in

You pretty much have to be on tape saying the worst things possible about age, sex or race. If you stay away from doing those things you're fine

Last edited:
Cuban broke the golden rule of "ain't nobody talking to you".

Why he feels he needs the spotlight on him at all time is :{

:{ @ Cuban

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain

:rollin :rollin @ that gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom