2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
How isn't he dependable though ?
He still depends on aggression, power/strength and athleticism in the post. Like a bull with his head down. Now, don't get me wrong, it works and is effective. No denying his numbers when he's around the bucket. Unfortunately he can't 'out athletic' the defender every time down the floor in the paint. It's not going to happen, and he still looks uncomfortable with his back to the bucket when he isn't bulldozing his way in. He has made strides, has solid footwork and feel on his shoulders but it's really not dependable. As evidenced by the Thunder.

He was fortunate to run into a defenseless Warriors team in the first round, but once he ran into the Thunder it was a different story in the paint. It's all there on tape.

Last edited:
Once they do get that wing player, and they will this summer, if they don't get to the finals the slander will be :x

the slander is already here

but people are sweeping it under the rug for some reason. they were the most stacked team in the league and still didnt do anything

Dude had two huge turnovers with less than 40 seconds to go of game 6 last year, along with a couple misses from three.

If Ray Allen didn't hit that shot, Lebron gets crucified all summer. Jesus literally saved that boy.

So just ignore the awesome fourth quarter and game he had huh?

If you have to ignore crucial moments of the game just so you can label him as "clutch", then your argument is pretty weak.

Last edited:
Once they do get that wing player, and they will this summer, if they don't get to the finals the slander will be
sick.gif
the slander is already here

but people are sweeping it under the rug for some reason. they were the most stacked team in the league and still didnt do anything
Reason being: team ain't LITERALLY perfect. Sure, they're as close to complete as the league has, but they're not... PERFECT.

Need Durant.

AND Bron.

AND Phil Jackson, assisted by Coach K and Kevin Ollie.

THHHHEEEEENNNNN if they lose, Clipper apologists will be like "Nah, Clippers underachieved. I can't even deny it."

But until the Clippers are putting out a LITERALLY PERFECT ROSTER, TOP TO BOTTOM, with Dwade and Bosh and Duncan all coming off the bench, their failures will continue to be swept.

Just boggles by mind how anyone can say that team 'needs' anything. 
laugh.gif

Heat are 3 times defending Finalists, with no dominant big man whatsoever... but the Clips NEED a dominant big man to go all the way.

Lakers have 2 recent championship runs without a STARTING dominant PG, nevermind a backup... but the Clips NEED a backup PG to go all the way.

Scott Brooks has no clue how to lead/manage a team, but ONCE AGAIN, the Thunder are in the WCF... but the Clips NEED a better coach to go all the way.

*thumbs up and a wink* Ok. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Ska they lost so obviously they need something :lol:

And u can't compare them to the heat or the lakers, they have players and systems that allow them to be successful without certain traditional pieces so that's a bad comparison imo. Lakers don't need a strong pg with the triangle and the Heat can't use a traditional big because they need the floor wide open for Bron kick out basketball.

Reason being: team ain't LITERALLY perfect. Sure, they're as close to complete as the league has, but they're not... PERFECT.

Need Durant.

AND Bron.

THHHHEEEEENNNNN if they lose, Clipper apologists will be like "Nah, Clippers underachieved. I can't even deny it."

But until the Clippers are putting out a LITERALLY PERFECT ROSTER, TOP TO BOTTOM, with Dwade and Bosh and Duncan all coming off the bench, their failures will continue to be swept.

Just boggles by mind how anyone can say that team 'needs' anything. :lol:

Heat are 3 times defending Finalists, with no dominant big man whatsoever... but the Clips NEED a dominant big man to go all the way.

Lakers have 2 recent championship runs without a STARTING dominant PG, nevermind a backup... but the Clips NEED a backup PG to go all the way.

Scott Brooks has no clue how to lead/manage a team, but ONCE AGAIN, the Thunder are in the WCF... but the Clips NEED a better coach to go all the way.

*thumbs up and a wink* Ok. :lol:  

What?

Bring up the heat not needing a big, but fails to bring up they are playing in the east. If you're going to compare their recent success to the Clippers, then you should probably bring that up too.

Brings up the Thunder, but fails to mention that they do in fact have two all NBA performers one of which was a league MVP.

You can have all the pieces you want in the NBA, there's still a good chance you won't win it all. The Clippers lost in 6 games to a great team. They lost to the friggin NBA MVP for christ sake :lol: and it isn't like they got smacked or anything like that. It was competitive, and they lost to the team with Russ and KD.

What?

Bring up the heat not needing a big, but fails to bring up they are playing in the east. If you're going to compare their recent success to the Clippers, then you should probably bring that up too. .

Well they still have to beat a team from the West to get that Championship

What?

Brings up the Thunder, but fails to mention that they do in fact have two all NBA performers one of which was a league MVP.

So what would you classify Chris Paul and Blake Griffin as?

You can have all the pieces you want in the NBA, there's still a good chance you won't win it all. The Clippers lost in 6 games to a great team. They lost to the friggin NBA MVP for christ sake :lol: and it isn't like they got smacked or anything like that. It was competitive, and they lost to the team with Russ and KD.

What I think Ska was trying to get at is that fact that whenever the Clippers do get disposed of the talk becomes about them "needing another piece" to get over the hump instead of simply saying guys need to step up and get it done with what they have.

Last edited:
Delonte should join LeBron in Miami and be the first father/son combo to win a title together.

Well they still have to beat a team from the West to get that Championship
So what would you classify Chris Paul and Blake Griffin as?
What I think Ska was trying to get at is that fact that whenever the Clippers do get disposed of the talk becomes about them "needing another piece" to get over the hump instead of simply saying guys need to step up and get it done with what they have.

Well to me, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are great no doubt. But there's no shame in loosing to a team that has The MVP and another all NBA first teamer. I think what I'm trying to get at is its a bit unfair to say BG and CP "didn't get it done" or "came up short." Look who they lost to. Conversely, if the Thunder were to have lost, it would be unfair to say they "came up short as well." The Thunder and Clippers are both extremely worthy opponents.

And I think there's something be said about bringing up the Heat, (who I'm a fan of...not "fan-fan" but I love to see bron, bosh, and wade do well and rustle jimmies) and failing to bring up their path to the championship. If the Thunder advance, they will have played Memphis, the Clips, and The Spurs JUST to get to Miami. That's a big difference from Charlotte, BKN, and Indy.

Well to me, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are great no doubt. But there's no shame in loosing to a team that has The MVP and another all NBA first teamer. I think what I'm trying to get at is its a bit unfair to say BG and CP "didn't get it done" or "came up short." Look who they lost to. Conversely, if the Thunder were to have lost, it would be unfair to say they "came up short as well." The Thunder and Clippers are both extremely worthy opponents.

And I think there's something be said about bringing up the Heat, (who I'm a fan of...not "fan-fan" but I love to see bron, bosh, and wade do well and rustle jimmies) and failing to bring up their path to the championship. If the Thunder advance, they will have played Memphis, the Clips, and The Spurs JUST to get to Miami. That's a big difference from Charlotte, BKN, and Indy.

The west was just an incredibly tough conference this year

Anyone who makes it out has definitely earned the right to be in the Finals

Always been a fan of Delonte, despite his off the court persona.

Just a really good basketball player when he's focused.

From the 2011 finals.

Yeah but he's come up huge in soooo many other moments that I just thought it was unfair to label him as "unclutch" or whatever just because he had a bad series.

Dude had two huge turnovers with less than 40 seconds to go of game 6 last year, along with a couple misses from three.

If Ray Allen didn't hit that shot, Lebron gets crucified all summer. Jesus literally saved that boy.

"if lebron doesn't take over the 4th, ray allen doesn't have an opportunity to hit that shot."

we can play the if game all day, but at the end of the day, ray allen did hit that shot. they went on to win the game in overtime, and the heat closed out in 7.

i guess it goes back to how people define clutch to fit their arguments. some people define it as buzzer beaters, some define it as late game performance overall. so clutch imo is subjective.

Need Durant.

AND Bron.

Just boggles by mind how anyone can say that team 'needs' anything. :lol:

*thumbs up and a wink* Ok. :lol:  

What?

Bring up the heat not needing a big, but fails to bring up they are playing in the east. If you're going to compare their recent success to the Clippers, then you should probably bring that up too.

they lost this year, last year, year before

what do you want

they have a stacked team and brought in a HOF coach

what else do you want?

The west was just an incredibly tough conference this year

Anyone who makes it out has definitely earned the right to be in the Finals

Exactly my point. It isn't as black and white as people would like it to be. When you compete well lose in the West, that isn't the same as "The Clippers came up short" or "didn't get it done."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom