2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron James was straight awe inspiring in games 6 & 7 man. Talk about willing a team to a championship.

Come to think of it, Lebron James in must win / big type game scenarios throughout his career has been incredible...historically incredible. Makes you wonder where the "he isn't clutch" criticism came from.

Dudes would rather hold on to 2011 over all the amazing **** he's done in the clutch before and since.

Bron has really turned himself into a new player since those Finals against Dallas, especially mentally. You can see it with his body language on the court too, nothing but confidence. It's to the point now that when the 4th quarter comes, the other team has to have a substantial lead or you KNOW LeBron is going to bring them back. The Heats evolution as a whole is pretty remarkable.

Last edited:
Del Negro a good coach?

Meh.

LeBron has the talent to be the greatest player of all time but he's not aggressive enough. Dude takes too many plays off for a guy that could get to the rim every single time down the floor. There's no one in the world that can guard him but himself. That's my beef with LeBron. Can't stand when he lazily throws up an off balance 3 with a hand in his face.

Del Negro at his best was an average coach. I'm just not a fan of hiring all these retreads in general. I know you have to hire someone and guys with actual head coaching experience sometimes look more appealing than hiring an assistant or a college guy.. but man.. I just couldn't get excited about hiring VDN in 2014 :lol:

The dude used to stop his feet to distract 3 point shooters for god's sake :lol:

Del Negro a good coach?

Meh.

LeBron has the talent to be the greatest player of all time but he's not aggressive enough. Dude takes too many plays off for a guy that could get to the rim every single time down the floor. There's no one in the world that can guard him but himself. That's my beef with LeBron. Can't stand when he lazily throws up an off balance 3 with a hand in his face.

LeBron won the title the last two years in a row, I think he knows how to play basketball.

Dude seems like superman, but his body can only take so much.

Has nothing to do with knowing how to play basketball, it's having the drive to be the best on the court every time down. No reason Lance Stephenson should ever outshine him in a game. Dude is built like a tank, his body could take him being a bull every time he has the ball. It's one thing if he had a great jumper, but he should never be settling for off balanced, contested shots 22 feet out.

Del Negro a good coach?

Meh.

You can't go to the rim every single time its too taxing.

atleast he turned it up in the 4th last game when it mattered.  i too can't stand watching non-aggressive lebron.  I've noticed he does it sometimes when wade is playing well.  he's never complimented wade as well as wade compliments him.

I can't stand when he whines either, but that's a league wide issue. bunch of prima donnas word to tyson chandler.

Jackson would be great for the Cavs.

I'm glad Steven Adams is getting burn. Kid is fun to watch for where he is in his career. Should develop nicely.

Last edited:
You want lebron to basically be Russell Westbrook. He's on the heavier side of a slasher with above average speed. That's a lot of energy to use just to be susceptible to a charge call every 4th play or so.

atleast he turned it up in the 4th last game when it mattered.  i too can't stand watching non-aggressive lebron.  I've noticed he does it sometimes when wade is playing well.  he's never complimented wade as well as wade compliments him.

Wade plays excellent off the ball, Bron is an all timer but that's one of his few flaws.

Clippers suck so they blamed it on him

is Doc a bad coach because they lost this year with 10x better team than VDN had?

nerd.gif
You're oversimplifying things but basically Doc will coach circles around VDN. Is VDN a terrible coach? No. Was VDN the right coach for that team? No. Should VDN be a coveted coach? No.

Clippers lost because Blake's offensive skill set is fools gold and not dependable in a playoff setting.

CP3 needs a legit post threat not a glorified cleanup guy or lob catcher, when the game becomes half court like in the playoffs Blake is suspect.

Clippers need a better small forward.

Del Negro isn't a good coach though plain and simple.

Last edited:
Here we go with the Clipper discussion again
laugh.gif

Blake's post game is still coming along, a lot of folks here hyped it up to something it wasn't. It's coming around though no doubt

Clippers need a better small forward.

Del Negro isn't a good coach though plain and simple.
The only issue I have with people saying "the Clippers need an attacking wing and a better small forward" is that they damn near have a perfect team. A God point guard, one of the best shooters in Reddick, one of the best power forwards (3rd in MVP), and the best or second best defensive center in the league and also the most athletic center. And one of the best coaches and decent bench in Collison and Crawford

If they had a wing who could create his own shot they would literally have the perfect starting lineup
mean.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom