2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
:smh:

Melo been doing it for too long PG can't even carry a team, he's a step above the other guy status......Melo top tier and PG is mid tier no shame in that.
Too long with what playoff success?

We talkin player vs player or team success ? Playoff success depends on a zillion factors so if that's all you got do better.

Melo cam from the west and his teams where always competitive and relevant, he's a superstar and one of the best in the world...did you see him on team USA ?

PG is good , he's mid tier no shame in that.....no way he's top tier with that mediocre offensive skillset, and no his defense isn't to the point where it overrides his offensive shortcomings.

We talkin player vs player or team success ? Playoff success depends on a zillion factors so if that's all you got do better.

Melo cam from the west and his teams where always competitive and relevant, he's a superstar and one of the best in the world...did you see him on team USA ?

PG is good , he's mid tier no shame in that.....no way he's top tier with that mediocre offensive skillset, and no his defense isn't to the point where it overrides his offensive shortcomings.
All-encompassing. Scoring, defense, rebounding, passing, intangibles.

Mediocre offensive skillset and offensive shortcomings? PG24 is not a natural Durant or 'Melo offensively, but his scoring has grown leaps and bounds. Hence why I said I would like to see George take the next step offensively instead of knocking up random, distracting women.

These guys deserve it, man.. they really do.

I hope they get demolished next game just to remind everyone there's no such things as a mid-season NBA champ :lol: 82 games.. then the playoffs. It's a marathon, not a sprint and these dudes peaked EARLY.
Consign in everything

This Melo vs Paul George debate again? Lol

Melo is easily the better player. And using playoff success like both Melo and PG haven't reached the conference finals is silly.

Paul George is a good defender. But he has a lot of work to do on the offensive end.

However, I love the improvement he's made on that end

We need an NBA thread ballot type thing to end all this madness.

Your thoughts on Melo v Paul Geroge?

CP3 or Deron?

LeBron or Durant?

Kobe, or Mike, or LeBron, or Magic?

Russ, or KD?

Rondo because of Big 3, or on his own?

Have everyone fill in the correct bubble, and see where people match up. The ones that match up closest go into one thread, and the others go into a separate NBA thread. Someone get Meth on this, see if we can get our NT E-Harmony NBA thread thing on. :lol:

:smh: at people not even talking about how much Melo has improved on the defensive side this year. But they're quick to praise Harden. There's a video out there showing just how poor of a defender Harden is, but no one speaks on that.

Melo is easily one of the most scrutinized players in the NBA. There's not a lot of players like him in the league that does so much for a team. Very under-appreciated.

I ain't eem mad at pg. Dude was never a big time prospect who was expected to be a #1. Dude has improved every year he's been in the league and kinda came out of nowhere. We built him up then tore him down, I was kinda expecting too much from son

Are we really going to have to hear all this PG talk for the next 10 years? He's only 24.

I wonder where all those Bynum advocates are now?.....:lol: . All them highlight clips don't mask the fact that he's still a ski mask all star and world class underachiever. 

I felt be barely even listened to Phil the first couple of times. He's just a knucklehead. 

not to play captain save a yolo, but i'm sure you've mentioned you've barely seen him play while he was with the lakers and based his 'peak' off of the move he made on shaq. but whatever, do you boo boo

Anyone else find it amazing that if the Spurs make it to the Finals this will be the first time they've ever done so in back to back years

Last edited:

I wonder where all those Bynum advocates are now?.....
laugh.gif
. All them highlight clips don't mask the fact that he's still a ski mask all star and world class underachiever. 
I felt be barely even listened to Phil the first couple of times. He's just a knucklehead. 
not to play captain save a yolo, but i'm sure you've mentioned you've barely seen him play while he was with the lakers and based his 'peak' off of the move he made on shaq. but whatever, do you boo boo
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 boo boo 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wonder where all those Bynum advocates are now?.....
laugh.gif
. All them highlight clips don't mask the fact that he's still a ski mask all star and world class underachiever. 
but you're only at the opposite end of the spectrum of what you purport me to be

:smh: at people not even talking about how much Melo has improved on the defensive side this year. But they're quick to praise Harden. There's a video out there showing just how poor of a defender Harden is, but no one speaks on that.

Melo is easily one of the most scrutinized players in the NBA. There's not a lot of players like him in the league that does so much for a team. Very under-appreciated.
As unfair this may sounds, but when you're consider a top player in the L, despite how garbage your team or organization is, you're suppose to bring them to the playoffs. It's been done in the past to players far greater than Melo and it will definitely not stop with Melo, especially in a league based on what you have done for me lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom