2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite offense>>>> Elite defense any day
Defense > Offense IMO. You can't be like Chicago and have a great defense but struggle to put 80 points on the board tho. On the other end of the spectrum, he Mike _'Antoni Suns teams scored 100+ every game but come playoff time you can't run teams out of the building anymore.

The Heat have the perfect balance IMO. They run a fluid & efficient offense, but also have a swarming defense that knows how to get stops in crunch time.

Last edited:
Defense > Offense IMO. You can't be like Chicago and have a great defense but struggle to put 80 points on the board tho. On the other end of the spectrum, he Mike _'Antoni Suns teams scored 100+ every game but come playoff time you can't run teams out of the building anymore.

The Heat have the perfect balance IMO. They run a fluid & efficient offense, but also have a swarming defense that knows how to get stops in crunch time.

I was referring to the pg vs melo debate

Are we talking team wise or player wise when saying elite defense>elite offense or vice versa?

Team wise, I'd say it is defense > offense because some nights shots collectively just don't fall, but if you're able to put stops together you'll more than likely always be in the game.

Individual wise, offense > defense, because no defense in the world is stopping the elite offensive players when they are on or able to get their shots. (Melo, KD, Kobe, etc.)

I dislike that arguments for individual players glorifies scoring. Casual basketball fans often overlook the whole other side of the ball. It's easier to appreciate three-point shooting, dunks, and fadeaway jumpers rather than steals, blocks, or general tight, textbook on-the-ball defense.

I dislike that arguments for individual players glorifies scoring. Casual basketball fans often overlook the whole other side of the ball. It's easier to appreciate three-point shooting, dunks, and fadeaway jumpers rather than steals, blocks, or general tight, textbook on-the-ball defense.
Ever heard

"The best defense is a good offense"

"That was good defense but better offense"

Great offense will always beat great defense when it comes to player vs player

lets take a brief recess and come back with closing arguments for the pg vs melo in 10 yrs

kobe vs lebron up next :smokin

Last edited:
How long are we going to wait to see Paul George become a "star", ESPN?

Dude is not bout that life. If PG is not being assertive by now, he won't.
This is why Paul George will never be a superstar. He can't own up to his team playing like garbage. Blame Lance and Roy not the refs.
See...now we're going too far.
laugh.gif
PG getting crowned too early? Yeah. To say he will never be this or that at 24 years old...it's a stretch.

I wonder where all those Bynum advocates are now?.....:lol: . All them highlight clips don't mask the fact that he's still a ski mask all star and world class underachiever. 
What are talking about?

Dude stays off the court because his knees not because of his attitude

I hate when ppl discredit bynums achievements

Dude was legit the best post player in the league besides duncan.

You dont remember his 30 rebound 10 block game?

Where did he underachieve?

I remember the Bynum vs Dwight debate for the best center in the league. Bynum was a great player for the lakers in 2010-12. It's a shame he can't stay healthy because he obviously has talent that can help a team.

folks was crowing PG top 3 in december 
roll.gif

dude aint mentally there to be that dude......when he reached out to lebron to be his mentor I just 
mean.gif

I remember the Bynum vs Dwight debate for the best center in the league. Bynum was a great player for the lakers in 2010-12. It's a shame he can't stay healthy because he obviously has talent that can help a team.

YOLO was really an anomaly, he parlayed one really good season (2011-2012, All Star season) where he didn't even play the entire year into stealing money for 3 years straight. He at best was the 4th best player on those title Laker teams in 2009, 2010. Those chips elevated him to great status after putting up pedestrian numbers and still not playing near a full season. I miss his antics though, he was one of a kind.

Last edited:

but you're only at the opposite end of the spectrum of what you purport me to be
http://niketalk.com/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20970#post_18816412

but you're only at the opposite end of the spectrum of what you purport yourself to be
beh235 is right about Bynum being an underachiever (injuries have to be mentioned though), but he always made it sound like Drew was a total scrub when playing. Word to that quote you posted.

I went to go look for it too and I got distracted by these on the same page

laugh.gif

awwsome is cool but fam is the KING of the early crowning movement. Bruh leads the league in in-the-moment statements.

Last edited:

but you're only at the opposite end of the spectrum of what you purport me to be

http://niketalk.com/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20970#post_18816412

but you're only at the opposite end of the spectrum of what you purport yourself to be

beh235 is right about Bynum being an underachiever (injuries have to be mentioned though), but he always made it sound like Drew was a total scrub when playing. Word to that quote you posted.

I went to go look for it too and I got distracted by these on the same page

:lol:

awwsome is cool but fam is the KING of the early crowning movement. Bruh leads the league in in-the-moment statements.

:rofl:

Celtics had too many injuries after they won the Championship in 2008.

KG was injured vs. Utah Jazz the following season and was never the same. Ya'll remember him trying to come back but it just wasn't working out.

Don't even get me started on Last Year.

The year of the injuries.

Rondo was out, Kobe, Westbrook, Rose, Granger, All potential players LeBron could've faced.

Lebron has beatin all of them in the playoffs except kobe, because kobe team didn't show up to the finals.and if he did, he would have got whooped too.

Last edited:
Celtics had too many injuries after they won the Championship in 2008.

KG was injured vs. Utah Jazz the following season and was never the same. Ya'll remember him trying to come back but it just wasn't working out.

Don't even get me started on Last Year.

The year of the injuries.

Rondo was out, Kobe, Westbrook, Rose, Granger, All potential players LeBron could've faced.

Bruh what?

Lebron has beatin all of them in the playoffs accept kobe, because kobe team didn't show up to the finals.and if he did, he would have got whooped too.

Like in 2009 and 2010, huh? Or did you burn his jersey along with the rest of the Cavs fans?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom