2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="BLASTERCOMBO"]It still gets me how the NBA stopped the CPzero move from happening yet let Mia do whatever :lol: like why??

:pimp:[/quote]Pressure from salty GMs to stop the Lakers from being great somehow. No one was complaining about the Heat, so Stern let them be great.

]Makes you understand why DubA is so bitter towards LeBron.....to a certain extent. :lol:

Pass? I don't need a pass to hate on that coward. He is literally responsible for me losing tens of thousands of potential dollars. bought season tickets right before.

that **** boy set up shop in our backyard to do his little shpeel in front of a shield of children and chase rings. while the three bffs were pretending to look at other teams. making a weak conference even weaker. Not just to any team. To a team that I've hated since anyone knew what the **** a lebron was.

THE BIRD WAS BLUE AND ORANGE

THE BIRD WAS BLUE AND ******* ORANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

stupid french ****

That bird :lol: Wasn't it someone's avy for a little bit? I'm thinking HTTB

Last edited:
[quote name="BLASTERCOMBO"][quote name="DarthSka"]
Pressure from salty GMs to stop the Lakers from being great somehow. No one was complaining about the Heat, so Stern let them be great.[/quote]What was the logical argument? That's what I never understood. They'd be too good? :lol:[/quote]"Basketball reasons."

Verbatim.

Stern said he wasn't allowing the trade for... "basketball reasons."

The Rockets, Hornets, and Lakers had already agreed on who was going where and what cash would be taking place and who would get picks. All of the logistics were great upon by all three parties, and when the trade was submitted to the NBA for approval...

Vetoed.

For "basketball reasons."

ESPN had already started talking about the impact CP3 would make on the Lakers, and the strong possibility of Dwight coming right after in the next couple days. Analysts were analyzing, commentators were commentating, it was a forgone conclusion.

And then, "THIS JUST IN: STERN BLOCKS TRADE, CITING BASKETBALL REASONS."

And you know how Cuban is saying that it's a slippery slope right now, forcing Sterling to sell his own team? He did the same thing back then, saying that it was a slippery slope, vetoing a trade that all three parties agreed on.

Oh, wait... no, it was the Lakers, so Cuban didn't do that at all. He kept his mouth shut about a slippery slope.

Matter of fact, him and Dan Gilbert were extremely vocal about 'unfairness' and "Some teams have all the luck."

After their whining, "I'm blocking the trade, for basketball reasons."

You do know that 2011-2012 was the lockout season right? And Wade did avg 23, 5 and 5 in the playoffs. This is the thing that gets a little irritating it's not enough that LBJ is great, he's carrying a bunch of bums again like in CLE when it's clearly not the case. It's just not true even remotely, especially in these playoffs this year and in the previous 2 years as well.

exactly. lebrons disciples prop him up by talking **** about the people who helped him win two championships.

pushing the narrative that lebron is carrying bums is a real thing. he didn't join them for no reason. Anyones numbers would drop playing with him. it's be design since he always has the ball and just wants to be surrounded by 3 pt shooters

it was unfair

it was illogical

their reasons were vague and complete bs

i agree

and i LOVED every minute of it

i hope it still burns

and ill feel this way until Kobe is out of the league

exactly. lebrons disciples prop him up by talking **** about the people who helped him win two championships.

pushing the narrative that lebron is carrying bums is a real thing. he didn't join them for no reason. Anyones numbers would drop playing with him. it's be design since he always has the ball and just wants to be surrounded by 3 pt shooters
Wade now has the ability to coast when he wants to rest, and Bosh has made a huge sacrifice in terms of shots and usage time.  To the church of Bron that means they suck and are now Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao.

It's hilarious when people say how much wade has "sacrificed" for bron. Poor wade, doesn't need to play the regular season anymore :lol:

So much sacrifice. Give him a medal :lol:

You have him ahead of Bron based on a hypothetical?

So if we dealing in what could've or should've happened shouldn't Shaq be 1?

Or Bron actually because if he had more help in Cleveland he'd have a wealth of rings.

Or what if Duncan had won every year of his career he should be 1.

I have him ahead of Bron because he was nasty. Wasn't supremely athletic, but the man was a walking triple double. .

Keep in mind that the pace was EXTREMELY faster back then. The year he had the triple double, his team averaged 125 possessions per 48 mins. Teams were scoring over 120 points per game.

For comparison, the SSOL Nash/D'Antoni Suns were at 96 possessions per 48. .

This is why its difficult to compare players across eras.

The world isn't all butterfly's and rainbows laker fans.. Sometimes u get blocked for "basketball reasons " stop crying over spilled milk and look forward to the future ...

[quote name="CALI J 360"]The world isn't all butterfly's and rainbows laker fans.. Sometimes u get blocked for "basketball reasons " stop crying over spilled milk and look forward to the future ...[/quote]Who's crying, though? I'm the only one who brought it up, and I brought it up because someone asked what happened. Who's crying?

The cp3 trade being vetoed and the big 3 coming together is no way shape or form even close to being alike. 3 dudes bring free agents signing to a team compared to a trade for a player which was obviously not smart for a specific team.

What does the CP3 veto have to do with the Heat's big 3 joining up? :lol:

As if the NBA is going to prevent unrestricted free agents from signing with a team they've chosen to sign with...

You do know that 2011-2012 was the lockout season right? And Wade did avg 23, 5 and 5 in the playoffs. This is the thing that gets a little irritating it's not enough that LBJ is great, he's carrying a bunch of bums again like in CLE when it's clearly not the case. It's just not true even remotely, especially in these playoffs this year and in the previous 2 years as well.

Sad thing is there are supposed basketball analysts like Barkley who push that narrative in a very serious way, ignoring the obvious.

He actually feels sorry because Lebron has to do so much :lol:

Last edited:
It's hilarious when people say how much wade has "sacrificed" for bron. Poor wade, doesn't need to play the regular season anymore
laugh.gif

So much sacrifice. Give him a medal
laugh.gif

It's hilarious when people say how much wade has "sacrificed" for bron. Poor wade, doesn't need to play the regular season anymore
laugh.gif

So much sacrifice. Give him a medal
laugh.gif
This is probably the most annoying thing of it all. Oh man dude gets easier buckets now, poor D Wade

It's really strange how Lance has become the scapegoat

If he was going around have sex with everyones GF and causing issues internally to a high degree I can see it

But if it's for him poking at and messing with lebron... That's reeeeeeeeally lame. this dude paul george wanta lebron to babysit him and ****

it's hard to tell. There are def those people that are too wild nad you don't want to be around.
all of this man

it's really not fair that he's now being seen as one of the team's woes when he's done a whole lot more than their star players throughout the playoffs

perhaps there's other stuff going down behind the scenes, but to make him the "jerk" because of a few things doesn't sit right with me

It's hilarious when people say how much wade has "sacrificed" for bron. Poor wade, doesn't need to play the regular season anymore :lol:

So much sacrifice. Give him a medal :lol:

When they say "sacrificed" its more towards the ego standpoint, wade stepping back & letting bron be the man of the city and take over his team, you think kobe is gonna let a player come to LA & take a step back to let that player takeover his team & be the #2 option even if he knew that he could compete for titles, thats why dwight left

When they say "sacrificed" its more towards the ego standpoint, wade stepping back & letting bron be the man of the city and take over his team, you think kobe is gonna let a player come to LA & take a step back to let that player takeover his team & be the #2 option even if he knew that he could compete for titles, thats why dwight left

Nnnnnnnnnaw.... Still not buying that. Sacrifice his ego for easy championships? Poor Dwade for having the best player in the world shoot more than him while he get wide open 3's do to the double team on bron :lol:

What ego? He wanted him there :lol:

Last edited:
Well, he (Dirk) did win a championship by carrying a bunch of role players.  In reality.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom