2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really strange how Lance has become the scapegoat

If he was going around have sex with everyones GF and causing issues internally to a high degree I can see it

But if it's for him poking at and messing with lebron... That's reeeeeeeeally lame. this dude paul george wanta lebron to babysit him and ****

it's hard to tell. There are def those people that are too wild nad you don't want to be around.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not buying them blaming lance.

Their max player wasn't consistent.
Their other max player didn't rebound the entire 2nd half of the season.
Their point guard is named George Hill.

LeBron was going to be lebron regardless of lance pushing his troll attribute up to 99

There is no legit reason to Hate but who cares we gon do it anyway :smokin

It's a part of sports Haters don't need logical reasons or approval from others, some people are just gonna dislike the Heat and that's that.

\You guys sit here and say XYZ team is going to beat the heat this year and they will not make it to the finals they will be fatigued, yet when that doesn't happen, you guys switch back to the "Thats not impressive" ish.....FOH, you all are so mad, that its sickening at times.

Never said any of this....fatigued? Anyone that think these Heat teams wouldn't make the finals are delusional. Maybe because I live down here but to me it was a foregone conclusion. Only on NT if you have an independent thought, or go against the hive mind it's considered 'mad' or 'salty'. In my mind, SA going to the finals back to back seems a lot harder given their age and strength of conference. However, I'm mad and salty so carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really strange how Lance has become the scapegoat

If he was going around have sex with everyones GF and causing issues internally to a high degree I can see it

But if it's for him poking at and messing with lebron... That's reeeeeeeeally lame. this dude paul george wanta lebron to babysit him and ****

it's hard to tell. There are def those people that are too wild nad you don't want to be around.

Why did lance wait until the ecf to pull this foolery? But hes the scapegoat for PG's off the court drama :lol: acting like going to b2b ecf isnt an accomplishment

So people are basically mad that LeBron and others took it upon themselves and eliminated the middle man (front office) to bring themselves together instead of waiting for them to hop on the phone and work deals out.

After 4 years you would think we can move on. And I dislike Lebby and Scumbag Wade. Can we think of a new narrative at least?

Why should they. People
hate all the time for what some deem irrational reasons while people are succeeding. And more importantly why does it bother some so much on here that they do hate. It's been going on forever and as great as Bron is he's not perfect or immune so stop letting it rustle your jimmies and just "appreciate the greatness" as you guys so eloquently put it.
It just gets foolish after a while. And LeBron is far from perfect and I wish him, Wade and whoever else plays for Miami to fail. That doesn't mean I can't take an objective look at what's going on either.

At least Dub is funny with his LeBron hatred :lol:

Disliking them is fine.

I can't stand Paul Pierce personally but I'm not constantly trying to come up with reasons to discredit him and making excuses, I just root against him.

Don't like Dirk at all but I'm not in here blabbering about his chip doesn't count he needed player x,y & z to win it is what it is they outplayed Miami and deserved to win you know how I express my dislike for Dallas I root against them THE END.

Some of you cats just frail built is all

So people are basically mad that LeBron and others took it upon themselves and eliminated the middle man (front office) to bring themselves together instead of waiting for them to hop on the phone and work deals out.

After 4 years you would think we can move on. And I dislike Lebby and Scumbag Wade. Can we think of a new narrative at least?

How dare they control their own careers and destiny! Should have waited for D. Whiteman to bring them a championship and tell them where they are going to play

mean.gif

me too 

Disliking them is fine.

I can't stand Paul Pierce personally but I'm not constantly trying to come up with reasons to discredit him and making excuses, I just root against him.

Don't like Dirk at all but I'm not in here blabbering about his chip doesn't count he needed player x,y & z to win it is what it is they outplayed Miami and deserved to win you know how I express my dislike for Dallas I root against them THE END.

Some of you cats just frail built is all
Can't eem hate on dirk if u tried. Dude took a team of role players who are all nothing and embarrassed the bffs. One player I will always respect is dirk for various reasons, his 1 ring is like 5 to me.

Some of you cats worry bout who other dudes like or is dislike way too much anyway.

Why is it rustling your jimmies so much if dudes try and discredit Lebron ?

Again it's all a part of sports , not everyone gonna be on board or neutral when it comes to certain teams...some people are gonna hate their guts.

Ain't nobody reinventing the wheel in here, the Heat won and some dudes are celebrating and others are hoping the west brings this **** to an end.

Same old **** go sit down and stop acting like some type of injustice going on in here.

Some of you cats worry bout who other dudes like or is dislike way too much anyway.

Why is it rustling your jimmies so much if dudes try and discredit Lebron ?

Again it's all a part of sports , not everyone gonna be on board or neutral when it comes to certain teams...some people are gonna hate their guts.

Ain't nobody reinventing the wheel in here, the Heat won and some dudes are celebrating and others are hoping the west brings this **** to an end.

Same old **** go sit down and stop acting like some type of injustice going on in here.
Its 2 players your not allowed to dislike... Rose and lebron. Dudes can't grasp the idea of dudes disliking them or talking bad about them. I told a dude I work with I never played with lebron James on a video game ever and I've had every 2k since he's been a pro, dude seemed mad and didn't understand how I didn't like him. Cool to hate mj, Kobe, shaq, discredit bird and other all time greats but don't dislike the king don't ever do that

Or don't tell the truth about rose and his 2 bold legs

Last edited:
It is what it is at the end if the day dudes can live in whatever reality they want but them basketball history books wont be full of opinions or what ifs.

Because if they let the lakers get away with that everyone would be yelling conspiracy like they did with the pau trade

Nba can do whatever they want and people will still watch

But the lakers are most hated in nba history because all them titles

Dan gilbert can win the draft for the next three years and people woukd still watch

Like I said I dislike LeBron too. But f it, it is what it is.

Here's to hoping TD, Parker and Boris The Butcher put a stop to them steroid abusers.

Five burning questions and answers about the Indiana Pacers' immediate future in the wake of their season-ending loss Friday night at Miami in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals:

1. Is there any sort of positive spin that the Pacers can put on their 2013-14 season?

Not really. Not from this seat.

Not according to the Power Rankings committee (of one) that had the Pacers in the No. 1 spot nine times in the first 12 weeks of the regular season ... until they nosedived dramatically.

I would submit that the Pacers, who were only one loss away from tying the league record of six home defeats in a single postseason, just wrapped up the most unfulfilling campaign in NBA history in which the team in question posted the best record in its conference and advanced to the conference finals.

An overstatement? Maybe you'll try to shout me down with reminders that LeBron James' Cleveland Cavaliers, as recently as 2009, lost to Orlando in six games in the East finals when they weren't supposed to, which was the prelude to LeBron's free-agent exodus to Miami just a year later. But I won't budge. The depths of Indiana's second-half slide were such that there's no need.

These Pacers somehow managed to leave us with the distinct impression that they backed into the East's top seed, then backed into the second round after a way-too-long series with the shorthanded Atlanta Hawks and then backed into the conference finals with an unconvincing second-round dismissal of the inexperienced Washington Wizards.

Which is a rare (and deflating) trifecta.

2. How safe is Frank Vogel's job now?

NBA coaching sources continue to say that Vogel, as ESPN.com reported during Indiana's first-round struggle with the Hawks, was indeed coaching for his job in that series when the Pacers were unexpectedly stretched to seven games. It's widely presumed that a second-round exit to the Wizards would have led to the same unhappy outcome.

Now? The situation isn't as clear. The Pacers have been engulfed in turmoil for months and still found a way to reach the NBA's Final Four. But the bigger boost to Vogel's quest to stay is the fact that Indiana has obviously revealed itself since the All-Star break to have a number of issues.

Issues that surely stretch beyond coaching, which seemingly enhances Vogel's case to hang on.

Yet there's no escaping the fact that Vogel was awarded his current extension -- which runs through the 2015-16 season -- when team president Larry Bird was on a one-year hiatus. The fact Bird openly questioned Vogel's player-friendly approach during the regular season has only added volume to suggestions that Vogel's seat is warming.

And there's more.

The whispers have already started in Indy about Bird turning to his old point guard, Mark Jackson, to take over. Jackson and Reggie Miller were the leaders when Bird was the Pacers' coach ... and Bird isn't the only big fan in the organization of the man Golden State just ousted. Fellow Pacers exec Donnie Walsh is another huge admirer who has long maintained privately that he wouldn't consider Jackson for the Indy job unless he had coached somewhere else first.

But that's a box Jackson obviously can check now.

3. Does Lance Stephenson still have Larry Legend's unwavering support?

When the week began, "Larry will stick by Lance tooth and nail" was still the way it was being put to us.

By week's end, after a number of ill-conceived attempts by Stephenson to mess with LeBron James' psyche, it was impossible to resist the suggestion that even Bird has to be fed up.

But here's the thing: Stephenson has turned off potential free-agent suitors with his unreliability -- ever since being snubbed for the Eastern Conference All-Star team -- as much or more than he's annoyed fellow Pacers. His free-agent market, according to the latest whispers on the personnel grapevine, is already drying up ... and it's not even June 1 yet.

It's pretty instructive to hear that the Dallas Mavericks, as ESPN.com has been reporting since Dallas' first-round playoff exit to San Antonio, do not intend to pursue Stephenson come July. The Mavs could certainly use Stephenson's athleticism, versatility and playmaking and showed everyone last summer -- with the signing of Monta Ellis -- that they're not afraid to take a perceived gamble. But it's pretty telling when the risk-taking Mavs, after the combination of Dirk Nowitzki and Rick Carlisle brought the best out of Ellis, aren't eager to see if they can't do the same with Lance.

4. What about Roy Hibbert's future?

There is said to be some thought on both sides -- management and Hibbert's -- that a fresh start would be beneficial for everyone after the big man's second-half woes.

Hibbert's camp hasn't outright asked for a trade, sources say, but word is that it wouldn't exactly oppose one if the Pacers decide to actively shop their center.

The problem, of course, is that Hibbert has two years on his contract valued at more than $30 million. Not only would it be tough to move him with that much guaranteed money left on his deal, but he also possesses the ability to opt out after next season if he has a big bounce-back year. So, it's tricky.

5. Is anyone on this Pacers roster untouchable?

Yes. Sources close to the situation will tell you Paul George unquestionably qualifies.

However ...

Expectations are only going to rise next season. The 2014-15 season will be Year 1 of the 24-year-old's new five-year max contract extension that will eat up 27 percent of Indiana's salary cap after the contract benchmarks George reached.

The total value of the contract will be at least $83 million, which puts the onus on George to address his offensive consistency. He's an absolutely elite two-way player when you factor everything in, but the fact remains that there isn't a single Pacer on the roster who can conclusively carry his team to a big road win in the playoffs with this offense.

Other issues for the Pacers: They traded away their 2014 first-round to Phoenix in the Luis Scola deal, suffer from a serious lack of bench scoring after Bird's failed experiments with Andrew Bynum and Evan Turner and are said to covet a more natural ballhandler and floor leader after Indy's uneven guard play in the postseason.

Marc Stein ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom