2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
roll.gif

Billboard in Downtown Miami Responds to San Antonio’s Lame Creativity

cant be real  
laugh.gif
So Clear Channel made two Billboard ads making fun of both teams? Now I think that both are fake.

Dude was balling in Philly before being traded although his shooting %'s were inconsistent and he isn't the most polished on D. I can see him going to a contender or up-and-coming team
I remember before coming out he was getting Kobe comparisons ...

link? i never remember hearing any high praise of evan turner. he was a good college player that would struggle because he lacked the athleticism to be a upper tier 2 guard

Such a sad story...seems to be lunatic going around stabbing people in NYC. One of the victims was Taj Gibson's cousin. 6 years old
mean.gif
The 6-year-old cousin of Bulls power forward Taj Gibson was stabbed to death in a Brooklyn elevator Sunday evening, the New York Post reported.

The young boy, identified as Prince Joshua Avitto, and a 7-year-old girl were in the elevator en route to get some ice cream at about 6 p.m. when an unidentified person wielding a butcher's knife attacked them.
Link
had no idea that was Taj Gibson's cousin. Sad either way 
mean.gif

man whut? 
roll.gif

I don't get the hype behind him but NT seems to love him. I was never that high on him.
Think it all started with his offense at UConn. Lamb's jumper was pretty pure at a young age. Success just hasn't come quickly at the next level, because of Brooks or whatever reason.
He's not a bum, but I'm not buying pure shooter. If your jumper is pure, it will earn you more minutes. I'm still waiting on Lamb.

roll.gif

Billboard in Downtown Miami Responds to San Antonio’s Lame Creativity

cant be real  
laugh.gif
roll.gif

i think eventually evan turner will find the right situation.

Me too. In the D-league.

Dude was balling in Philly before being traded although his shooting %'s were inconsistent and he isn't the most polished on D. I can see him going to a contender or up-and-coming team

He wasn't really balling.. 13.2 PER and his stats were vastly inflated by playing on the fastest paced team in the league... he wasn't going to come into Indy and put up similar numbers.

Last edited:
I've come to realization that a combination of alligator arms + lack of explosiveness = no true success in the NBA.

This is why I don't want to draft TJ Warren.

Evan Turner was 6'7 with a damn 6'8 wingspan and had no explosiveness to his game. :lol:

i think eventually evan turner will find the right situation.

Me too. In the D-league.

He wasn't really balling.. 13.2 PER and his stats were vastly inflated by playing on the fastest paced team in the league... he wasn't going to come into Indy and put up similar numbers.
True but your average NBA player doesn't average 17+ ppg a game is all I'm saying. we will see his true worth when he leaves our team (G. Green, Plumlee, Augustine, etc). Hope dude finds a team he will prosper with

True but your average NBA player doesn't average 17+ ppg a game is all I'm saying. we will see his true worth when he leaves our team (G. Green, Plumlee, Augustine, etc). Hope dude finds a team he will prosper with

He averaged a very inefficient 17ppg. His scoring average doesn't tell the whole story.

I've come to realization that a combination of alligator arms + lack of explosiveness = no true success in the NBA.

This is why I don't want to draft TJ Warren.

Evan Turner was 6'7 with a damn 6'8 wingspan and had no explosiveness to his game.
laugh.gif
Kevin Willis was fantastic!!!!!

But your average NBA player doesn't play on a team with an insanely fast pace full of bums.. and if you take 15 shots, I hope you can score 17 points a game. His statline looks nice, until you see it was on 43% shooting and looking at all the other factors.. it's less impressive. He's an average player and it's not like he'll never improve.. but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:
Miami may not be as good overall as they were last year, but they come into the finals much better than they were last year. Wade and Bosh are both much better than they were last year, Lebron is still Lebron, and defensively they are at their peak right now. And Rashard Lewis has been awesome for the Heat on both sides of the ball. I can see the Spurs winning it all, but it's going to be really hard man. Miami already took their best shot last year and won. Spurs are going to have to play at an insanely efficient level to win which they can, I just don't think they'll be as good this time.

IF there was anyone you can use that phrase about last year it was Evan Turner. Someone has to score baskets, and that someone was him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom