2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
so theres a finals thread and this one?

Last year we kept the regular NBA thread going and tried to keep all Finals discussion in the specific Finals thread.

I updated the first page of this thread with some Finals info because I felt like it, but most seemed to want a separate thread during the playoffs so we have that one.

Lance is going to command 10 mil per.

Teams like SA and OKC don't have that to give.

OKC could have but they paying that 10 to an exceptional talent by the name of Kendrick Perkins.

I would have paid all the money in the world to see Lance and Westbrook on the same team.

I think San Antonio is a better fit for Lance. He needs a system to play under with control OKC had neither :lol:

This is what I believe, I also think that Thibs would be able to reign him in but our FO wouldn't even attempt to get him due to his shenanigans... Even though we could definitely use the talent :smh:

the loss was appreciated but
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I wish we could hear The Villain apologizing...... but trying to read his lips and coming up with his hilarious voice in my head and saying sorry to the Lakers is hilarious 
roll.gif

This is what I believe, I also think that Thibs would be able to reign him in but our FO wouldn't even attempt to get him due to his shenanigans... Even though we could definitely use the talent :smh:

They acting like that Bulls offense wasn't poverty as well.

When Taj Gibson is your second option many nights......

Lance is going to command 10 mil per.

Teams like SA and OKC don't have that to give.

And what team is going to give him a $10 mil per contract though?
Bunch of teams. Bottom Feeder teams that are desperate, maybe the Bulls, Maybe the Knicks. Its not like there isnt a market for dude.
Bulls have Jimmy Butler I don't see them signing Lance because you know damn well once Butler's rookie contract is up hes gonna want the bands.

But I could see Bulls taking that reach because D Rose has been pretty unreliable (not that its his fault obviously). Dish out the $$ for a guy that create his own shot.

I thought the Knicks didn't have the cap space? I guess they will if Melo dips.

They won't have the cap space even if Melo leaves.

If Lance is going to succeed on the court, he'll have to have the ball in his hands. Teams like the Thunder and Spurs won't work.

Last edited:
I pray they don't think of it, but I think Lance in OKC would be a great fit.

Fills in Thabo's vacancy. Same age as their main weapons. Can dribble, take Russ or Durant off the ball at times, can get his own shot for when they are resting, would be a nightmare on defense with Russ, Ibaka and Durant's length, could play with the first or second unit and handle either. Not an elite shooter, but certainly better than Thabo.

Could even serve as a mini enforcer, and be the irritant he enjoys being.

That said, I doubt OKC will pony up the money for him, but his best fit is that roster, imo.

I couldn't Agree More that is a piece that will put them over the top IMO With him russ & Reggie your whole team is liable to foul out the way they would be attacking.

Lamb/ Roberson & a pick in a sign & Trade?

I mean since they can't stop the heat might as well equip a team to do it for the next several years :lol:

The Grizz will be able to sign him for $10M if they waive Prince using the stretch provision, drop the qualifying offer on Ed Davis to prevent the cap hold and Zbo signs for much less.

If Indy didn't want to lose Lance for nothing (even though he's an UFA), Grizz could pony up Courtney Lee and the #22 pick in a S&T.

Stephenson will go to a team that desperately needs a secondary ball handler. He will also be on a team with veterans who had a similar label as he did when they were younger. Guys that can take him in, help him grow more as an individual and he will be in a city where he's comfortable. The fans would love him here and he will be treated like a damn king, similar to Tony Allen and ZBo. He gets a better backcourt partner in Conley that doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective and could primarily become a spot up shooter. The only issue is that we don't have Hollins anymore to put a leash on him. Maybe Joerger could do an okay job.

I'm hoping Memphis does everything possible to try and acquire him.

Last edited:
My bad I was just spitballing didnt look at caps or anything of the sort. But the point is that theres a market for his talents and he's definitely getting 10 million a year.

The Grizz will be able to sign him for $10M if they waive Prince using the stretch provision, drop the qualifying offer on Ed Davis to prevent the cap hold and Zbo signs for much less.

If Indy didn't want to lose Lance for nothing (even though he's an UFA), Grizz could pony up Courtney Lee and the #22 pick in a S&T.

Stephenson will go to a team that desperately needs a secondary ball handler. He will also be on a team with veterans who had a similar label as he did when they were younger. Guys that can take him in, help him grow more as an individual and he will be in a city where he's comfortable. The fans would love him here and he will be treated like a damn king, similar to Tony Allen and ZBo. I'm hoping Memphis does everything possible to try and acquire him.

Lee and the #22 pick for Lance though?

Bhz you my guy but you're sounding very Laker fan-ish right now. :lol:

Stephenson will go to a team that desperately needs a secondary ball handler. He will also be on a team with veterans who had a similar label as he did when they were younger. Guys that can take him in, help him grow more as an individual and he will be in a city where he's comfortable. The fans would love him here and he will be treated like a damn king, similar to Tony Allen and ZBo. I'm hoping Memphis does everything possible to try and acquire him.

Bhz you my guy but you're sounding very Laker fan-ish right now.
laugh.gif
I mean I could see where he's coming from Lee is from Indy but if our front office does this
mean.gif

Courtney Lee is an Indianapolis native and the Pacers need cheap labor in a first roundpick...

Ref conspiracy! :wow:

Bhz you my guy but you're sounding very Laker fan-ish right now. :lol:

He's unrestricted, so they don't have to really get anything for him. Getting back a SG to replace him and a 1st rounder is enough for an unrestricted free agent that doesn't want to be in Indiana.

It'll really be the other team doing Indiana a favor. I also don't see OKC willing to pony up the money to get Stephenson, especially at the expense of trading Lamb. Are they willing to carry four 8 figure salary players on their roster with Perkins expecting to make $9.1M in his final year? History shows that they are not.

And what P / hoosierdaddy said. That's the reason why I mentioned Lee :lol:

Last edited:
I don't see the thunder wanting to bring in lance.. just my opinion though

I can see OKC's desire for Lance. He's a great third scoring option that makes up for the bonehead move of letting Harden go. Plus he can pass and play some D when he's not on some ********. We'll just have to see when the time comes. 

Courtney Lee is an Indianapolis native and the Pacers need cheap labor in a first roundpick...

Ref conspiracy! :wow:

George Hill is an Indy native too.

That worked out well. :lol:

But to your point bhz, you're right I always forget he's a second round pick. Lee is coming off his best year but that Pacers offense is in another world of struggle, they really need a guy who can create, Lee is more of an accessory player, interested in the draft pick though.

george hill is solid. overpaid, sure. but move him to the bench and let him just be a guard.

George Hill is an Indy native too.

That worked out well. :lol:

But to your point bhz, you're right I always forget he's a second round pick. Lee is coming off his best year but that Pacers offense is in another world of struggle, they really need a guy who can create, Lee is more of an accessory player, interested in the draft pick though.

Well, they need a point guard. Maybe they can still find that PG via trade or something. Lee is your traditional 3-D SG and you have a guy that's capable of creating in George. Give Indy a better PG and they will be good. There are not many players in the league at the SG position that has a similar skillset as Lance at his size.

Damn I can't wait til next season
The slander is real in here..

We wouldn't touch lance ever

Look what we did with Jr we didn't want no part of those troubles

Bulls don't touch lockeroom cancers no matter how they perform on court

Unfortunate but understandable

We gon rise
like that Rose outa of Concrete
stronger than ever...can not wait

Last edited:
I don't even know what this conversation is about, its ******* Indiana, they can't be picking and choosing on talent, Indiana aren't getting Lance Stephenson in free agency, you got lucky drafting him, him you might as well go down in flames with him because the alternative isn't going to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom