2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
what did Kobe do to you? :lol:

he ruined my team

as a Laker fan i hated watching the young inexperienced Kobe out there messing up in games and it went unchecked

i knew that as the team got better and if his arrogance and attitude still went unchecked it was going to get worse and cause problems later on

and guess what happened

an immature spoiled rookie
turned into an arrogant spoiled veteran

yeah
Kobe was great
but he could of been greater

i feel the same about Westbrook
his style of play is poisonous for that team

his style of play gets them in more trouble than it gets them out of

i dont see how any fan of OKC could like Westbrook
thats why im glad to see OKC fail this year
maybe they'll make some changes because if OKC makes it to the Finals this year or win it all Westbrook will get worse

im just being honest

Last 10 Years

Kobe 

-2 Chips

-2 Finals MVP

-1 Reg Season MVP

-4 Finals Appearances

-26 PPG, 5 Reb, 4 APG

-2 Missed Playoffs

LeBron

-2 Chips

-2 Finals MVP

-4 Reg Season MVP

-5 Finals Appearances

-28 PPG, 7 Reb, 6 APG

-1 Missed Playoff

Don't come with the Kobe is the best the last 10 years...

Last 10 Years

Kobe 
-2 Chips
-2 Finals MVP
-1 Reg Season MVP
-4 Finals Appearances 7 actually
-26 PPG, 5 Reb, 4 APG
-2 Missed Playoffs

LeBron
-2 Chips
-2 Finals MVP
-4 Reg Season MVP
-5 Finals Appearances
-28 PPG, 7 Reb, 6 APG
-1 Missed Playoff

Bruh, he hasn't been to 7 finals over the last 10 years man :lol:

my bad thought he was talking career and why just 10yrs...i think its fair to compare careers by now.
probably because that was the season Lebron entered the league I'm guessing.

Plus people like to pick the best players by eras sometimes. 10 years seems reasonable length for an era.

Last edited:
Last 10 Years

Kobe 
-2 Chips
-2 Finals MVP
-1 Reg Season MVP
-4 Finals Appearances
-26 PPG, 5 Reb, 4 APG
-2 Missed Playoffs

LeBron
-2 Chips
-2 Finals MVP
-4 Reg Season MVP
-5 Finals Appearances
-28 PPG, 7 Reb, 6 APG
-1 Missed Playoff

Lebron stacked team

Kobes not stacked

is that what you wanted to hear?

Man come on, you cannot compare 2 different sports like that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you're better than this. Track and Basketball aren't the same at all. (minus the running and jumping of course)

vs

There is a clear difference in athleticism, reaction time, overall skill, size, length, speed, etc. it's just flat out not fair to old those players in that 1963 vid to the 2011 vid. The conditions that the players came of age in are worlds of different. That's why it's really hard to compare across such a wide span. So many variables come into play.
right and why does ths just apply to bball... So only bball stars benefited from advanced technology etc.... It isnt about the sports being the same its about you saying that technology and science and just sheer evolution made ppl better athletes today then yesteryear. And i gave an example of a person who disproved that. Matter fact it proves it doesnt matter because it is a single individual sport which is solely based on ones sheer athleticism, speed etc... unlike bball and other team sports that have factors such as other individuals coaches, rules etc. Its 

Track and field is really the only sport where your greatness depends solely on an individual physicality, athleticism, individual skill set. So what better sport to compare ppl of different eras then to use a individual sport.

Bruh, he hasn't been to 7 finals over the last 10 years man :lol:

my bad thought he was talking career and why just 10yrs...i think its fair to compare careers by now.
probably because that was the season Lebron entered the league I'm guessing.

Plus people like to pick the best players by eras sometimes. 10 years seems reasonable length for an era.

Yeah and picking towards the end of kobes career isnt?

right and why does ths just apply to bball... So only bball stars benefited from advanced technology etc.... It isnt about the sports being the same its about you saying that technology and science and just sheer evolution made ppl better athletes today then yesteryear. And i gave an example of a person who disproved that. Matter fact it proves it doesnt matter because it is a single individual sport which is solely based on ones sheer athleticism, speed etc... unlike bball and other team sports that have factors such as other individuals coaches, rules etc. Its 

Track and field is really the only sport where your greatness depends solely on an individual physicality, athleticism, individual skill set. So what better sport to compare ppl of different eras then to use a individual sport.

Bruh, we weren't talking about track and field. Plain and simple. The gains and improvements from technological advances in Basketball are not the same as in Track and Field. It would be asinine to compare the two. Period. Think about it...you brought up Jesse Owens in an argument about Oscar Robertson playing in Today's NBA...no matter how you slice it, comparing the two just doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom