2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not a clue what Manu felt, I did watch those games though. Manu was the best player on the floor at most times, not the team. The whole damn floor dude, meaning, both teams playing. He was the best player on the floor

Yeah, you're trolling. Tim Duncan, and it's not even remotely debatable at all.

You must be Manu's love child or something.
@WavyCrockettforgive me for asking this again, but how old are you. Under 25 I'd guess

The same way everyone lives in the moment with Paul George being great 1 minute, and a bum the next, is how folks keep trying to rewrite history for the Spurs.

They have had Pop, Duncan, Manu and Parker for OVER a decade, thru all their primes, and couldn't make it to back to back Finals.

The last 6 year's they were beat by an 8 seed, swept by an average Suns team, blew a 2-0 series lead, and I believe lost to a 7 seed as well.

When Dunc, Park, and Manu were all younger.

So what changed????

Money.

Since the CBA, they have convinced every player to take a paycut, Parker earning the most at 12.5 mil.
They also upgraded from Richard Jefferson to Kawhi, on a rookie contract. 1.9 mil.

That allowed them to bring in extra depth in Diaw and Danny Green, without giving away anything.

Now suddenly they're "great" again. At much more advanced ages. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice Miami's big 3 all took less money as well. Helped them pull in Ray + Birdman which wouldn't be possible if not for their sacrifice.

It's a credit to Riley and Pop for convincing all the players to take less money. Not a credit to the "greatness" of a guy that plays 29 minutes a game for 4-5 years and has 17 points in an overtime game and has everyone slurp all over him like he's been dominant the entire run.

Very few will actually comprehend this post tho. Look around the league tho. Why did the Mavs break up their title team? Why did the Thunder trade their 23 year old star? Why did the Celtics lose Ray?

If LeBron cashes out for a full max at some point, his team will lose depth, and he will stop winning and people will claim he's fallen off. (Or the players around him have).

When the Spurs lose their trio and have to pay full prices again, we'll never see them again.

It never, ever gets brought up how they were (re)built when they hadn't won since 2007. Their best players are a full 6 years older, and suddenly have more success and media acts like it's still 2003 or somethin. :lol: :lol:

lady in red shirt saw it coming 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The same way everyone lives in the moment with Paul George being great 1 minute, and a bum the next, is how folks keep trying to rewrite history for the Spurs.

They have had Pop, Duncan, Manu and Parker for OVER a decade, thru all their primes, and couldn't make it to back to back Finals.

The last 6 year's they were beat by an 8 seed, swept by an average Suns team, blew a 2-0 series lead, and I believe lost to a 7 seed as well.

When Dunc, Park, and Manu were all younger.

So what changed????

Money.

Since the CBA, they have convinced every player to take a paycut, Parker earning the most at 12.5 mil.
They also upgraded from Richard Jefferson to Kawhi, on a rookie contract. 1.9 mil.

That allowed them to bring in extra depth in Diaw and Danny Green, without giving away anything.

Now suddenly they're "great" again. At much more advanced ages. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice Miami's big 3 all took less money as well. Helped them pull in Ray + Birdman which wouldn't be possible if not for their sacrifice.

It's a credit to Riley and Pop for convincing all the players to take less money. Not a credit to the "greatness" of a guy that plays 29 minutes a game for 4-5 years and has 17 points in an overtime game and has everyone slurp all over him like he's been dominant the entire run.

Very few will actually comprehend this post tho. Look around the league tho. Why did the Mavs break up their title team? Why did the Thunder trade their 23 year old star? Why did the Celtics lose Ray?

If LeBron cashes out for a full max at some point, his team will lose depth, and he will stop winning and people will claim he's fallen off. (Or the players around him have).

When the Spurs lose their trio and have to pay full prices again, we'll never see them again.

It never, ever gets brought up how they were (re)built when they hadn't won since 2007. Their best players are a full 6 years older, and suddenly have more success and media acts like it's still 2003 or somethin. :lol: :lol:

Sounds like the NBA to me and again speaks volumes on just how hard it is to not only make runs deep into the playoffs but win more than 1 ring, much less back to back or multiple appearances in the same decade.

The Spurs have been the same boring team to watch since inception of the first Ring, but this year (even if it's for a second) they are SO EXCITING to watch and move the ball so well. Same kids speaking this are the same kids that were barking that Spurs/Mavs series was uninteresting or the East play is unwatchable . Same kids saying "Tim Duncan in his Prime was better than..." Like they weren't 6yrs old when Timmy was in his prime. Didn't even know Prime Tim Duncan existed because of Kobe, and V Carter and TMac these kids. Any team that can repeat is hard, NBA has what 10-13 players suites up on game day times what 30 teams. We are talking under 500 employees in a League. It takes a lot to win the Ring when you look at real numbers and forget the stats for a minute

Manu is first ballot. It's the basketball hall not the NBA.

Clearly. Has been said numerous times. I'm just saying Manu's NBA resume alone doesn't make him a hall of fame caliber player.

His international resumr plus his NBA success make him a HOFer though.

On Thursday though, I'm going to be on my level for game 1. I was saying Spurs would do the Heat in this year but, I've clearly underestimated Lebron, I think. Lance didn't help getting him all fired up and stuff right before his 3peat opp

he is one of the est non american player ever. he came to the league and he changed the both ends of the floor for most of 10 years. come on

he is the best sixth men of the last 10 years fo sho

he is one of the est non american player ever. he came to the league and he changed the both ends of the floor for most of 10 years. come on
he is the best sixth men of the last 10 years fo sho

For.this,his rings,and his overseas play he will get in

Nba might get dry on inductees
One of.these.days

When Iverson gets in ima be tuned in hard for that speech for dam sure
He will won't he?

Last edited:
Probably way late but Love was in Boston last night with Revis and is attending the Sox game tonight.

Its happening :pimp:

If Manu Ginobli didnt play in the system he played in and got to run his own team he would have a 22 PPG career average. 

Hypotheticals mean little, but I honestly believe that. The talent supersedes the numbers with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom