2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
King LeGoran Dragic.
pimp.gif

The first year Kobe did not make an All-NBA team since his rookie season?

I also think Dirk or Duncan should've made one of those teams.

1998-1999 made All-NBA 3rd team which would have been KB's 3rd yr.

Dirk...

- Highest PER since 2010-11 when Dallas won the championship
- 60% TS (highest since 2010-11)
- 50/40/90 club
- 13th in the league in scoring

I'm happy for Dragic as well, but kinda :rolleyes at the selection

chris paul missed 20 games and made the 1st team..

westbrook missed 36 and didn't make any (which I don't have a problem with.. but obviously if you miss a certain amount of games that should be taken into consideration)

Wall, Lowry, Conley, all could make the argument of 3rd team All-NBA. All 3 led their teams in scoring and to the playoffs. Dragic fell short. He's still deserving, but people will simply get snubbed on these teams every year.

With Russy missing 36 games, I can understand why they didn't put him on a team. Almost 50% of the season. He easily makes the 2nd team if he plays about 15 more games.

Maybe there were just a lot of good players this season and no one really just stood out more than some of the other guys selected. This year was probably one of the toughest years to make selections. You can virtually swap out every player on that 3rd team and 1-2 guys on the 2nd team and be okay.

Last edited:
Steph definitely deserved that 1st team spot over CP0, aside from the fact CP0 missed 16 games the stats don't lie:

Steph: 23.7 ppg, 8.4 apg, 4.2 rpg, 2.2 spg; Advanced: 24.1 PER, 13.4 WS, 4.0 DWS (78 games)

CP0: 19.1 ppg, 10.7 apg, 4.3 rpg, 2.5 spg; Advanced: 25.9 PER, 12.2 WS, 3.2 DWS (62 games)

Not to mention the fact Clips didn't skip a beat at all during CP0's absence and Blake was the best player on that team this season. Even more comical CP0 got all defensive team this season.

Melo had a career year and didn't even make All-NBA 2nd-3rd Team? :smh:

Guess they penalized him for the Knicks' overall season performance.

Last edited:
Wall, Lowry, Conley, all could make the argument of 3rd team All-NBA. All 3 led their teams in scoring and to the playoffs. Dragic fell short. He's still deserving, but people will simply get snubbed on these teams every year.

With Russy missing 36 games, I can understand why they didn't put him on a team. Almost 50% of the season. He easily makes the 2nd team if he plays about 15 more games.

Maybe there were just a lot of good players this season and no one really just stood out more than some of the other guys selected. This year was probably one of the toughest years to make selections. You can virtually swap out every player on that 3rd team and 1-2 guys on the 2nd team and be okay.
I have no issue with westbrook being left off since he missed so much time.. but I do have an issue with CP being 1st team and having missed a quarter of the season

All-NBA 1st Team:

Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Joakim Noah (probably was the best center in the NBA and led a depleted Bulls team to 48 wins)
Chris Paul (led the NBA in assists and steals. Curry still makes it, but not at the expense of Paul)
Steph Curry (overall better year than Harden IMO)

All-NBA 2nd Team:

James Harden (makes the 2nd team by default. Wade's year was nothing great, no Kobe and no other SG out there to really compete)
Blake Griffin (could make an argument for 1st team with the way he played with CP3 out)
Carmelo Anthony (stepped up on the defensive end, 2nd highest PER of his career, one of his highest years in terms of TS%)
Dwight Howard
Tony Parker

All-NBA 3rd Team:

Kevin Love (replaces Big Al. Big Al had a good year, but hard to say his year was better than Love)
Paul George
Dirk Nowitzki (mentioned before...50/40/90 club, led his team to the playoffs, highest TS% since 10-11 season)
Dragic/Lowry/Wall (hardest one to choose)
Damian Lillard (makes it at the expense of LMA)

:lol: @ anyone whose still surprised in 2014 that NBA awards are straight trash.

Nothing to be upset about, they've always been a joke. Surprised that so many of you are still, surprised.

also, why did it feel like tony parker missed more games than CP this season?

I literally just looked it up, since I was trying figure out how many games were missed by guys who did make any of the all-nba teams

Ricky Rubio led the league in steals, not Chris Paul. Stats are skewed when you miss 1/4th of a season. Remove 1/4th of a season from Roy Hibbert this year and he makes the All-NBA 3rd team.

I have no issue with westbrook being left off since he missed so much time.. but I do have an issue with CP being 1st team and having missed a quarter of the season

He missed 20 games, but I'm not exactly sure what's the prerequisite in terms of games played for making an All-NBA team. I think 20 games is a lot, but not enough for him to miss making the team. And at the end of the day, he led the league in assists and steals. Despite his shortcomings in the playoffs, I still thought he was the best PG in the league this SEASON.

I'm sorry I like Noah but 1st Team All NBA?

Wut

dwight should have made it over him.

noah : 12.6 points 11.3 rebounds 5.4 assists shooting 47.5%
d12: 18.3 points 12.2 rebounds 1.8 assists shooting 59.1%

noah got it because he had the elevated assist numbers and the first team defensive nod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom