2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody was saying k mart was trash back in november when the t wolves were ballin, same with rubio, now all of a sudden theyre trash :lol:

Holy ****, I just now saw Josh Smith's airball from last night.

:wow:  :wow:  :rofl:  :rofl:

He got into a 1-on-1 thing with Melo all game long. He tried being the hero at the end of the game with Melo guarding him. Poorly coached game by Atlanta.

Anthony Bennett aka Trajon Brondo:

bennett3.gif

Holy ****, I just now saw Josh Smith's airball from last night.

eek.gif

eek.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
yea hilarious

you should have seen my face as i was watching the game
mean.gif

TRASH

ill trade him for literally nothing. this team would be better with him gone even if we received nothing.

dead serious
just watched it 
roll.gif
roll.gif

melo's gravitational pull is too much for j smith's jumpshot to handle 

When they get freed up from Boozers contract.

Look into the Bulls season thread. I made a very thorough and descriptive post as to why the Bulls still won't have enough to sign a player like Love. It's easy to think once you free up $14 million you just replace someone else with that cap space, but it doesn't entirely work that way.

After freeing up Boozer's contract--The Bulls will have $14 million free space, but that'll drop their team to 9 players on their roster going into the 2014-2015 season (Hinrich and a few other players come off the books as well). After filling up 3 spots to make it a league minimum of 12, the Bulls will be left with only $10 million to spend, which isn't enough for Love.

Danny Granger is a more realistic signing for Chicago.

Last edited:
This was my post from the Bulls season thread.

Yeah, you're right but it's still not enough. Remember, there's a salary cap max you have to stay under. Part of the reason why Chicago traded Deng was because he wanted around $15 million a year and also for luxury tax purposes.

Freeing up Boozer would drop the Bulls' payroll to around $48 million which is committed to around 9 players for next season. Now, you need at least 12 active players on every NBA roster. Depending on what the salary situation looks like (assuming 3 players get minimum deals), the Bulls would be left with $14 million in projected cap space to sign a free agent.

Now, you also have to subtract cap holders for each empty spot and also the rookie (might be 2 because you guys have the Bobcats pick which is top 10 protected) for 2014. Considering all of this, this now drops the cap space to $10 million. Which isn't enough to sign players such as Lebron James (highly unlikely--He wants the max), and Carmelo Anthony (unlikely, because $10 mill would be a severe paycut).

Players that the Bulls should look into and would be a more realistic target is Danny Granger. He might leave Indiana and would be a great replacement for Deng.

Honestly, what's hurting you guys is Derrick Rose. He's eating up at $18 million this year and $19 million next year in cap space and isn't playing at all, due to injury.

The man plays with such a physical style that his knee just isn't going to hold up. This will be the case going forward until he changes his game. And honestly, I don't think he's the type of player to do that. A lot of his game is dependent on torque and quick movement which is slowly deteriorating his knee.

Look at Amare Stoudamire for example. All those years playing above the rim wore out his knees. He saved himself a couple of year by developing a perimeter game and some type of post game as well. If Amare never made that adjustment--he'd probably be out of the league right now.

Last edited:
When they get freed up from Boozers contract.

Look into the Bulls season thread. I made a very thorough and descriptive post as to why the Bulls still won't have enough to sign a player like Love. It's easy to think once you free up $14 million you just replace someone else with that cap space, but it doesn't entirely work that way.

After freeing up Boozer's contract--The Bulls will have $14 million free space, but that'll drop their team to 9 players on their roster going into the 2014-2015 season (Hinrich and a few other players come off the books as well). After filling up 3 spots to make it a league minimum of 12, the Bulls will be left with only $10 million to spend, which isn't enough for Love.

Cap hold is $493K

But you have the right idea.

They should really look at getting rid of Taj for an expiring contract. Because even with amnestying Boozer, he's the problem financially holding up further rebuilding.

All that being said Love isn't a free agent this year, so the Bulls would have to punt next season as well. And if they wait too long and Rose happens to be injury prone as opposed to unlucky, they might as well just wait 4-5 year

K love cant put winning first & settle for less $$?

Maybe it would be better to amnesty Rose then sign him back for less no? Is that even allowed?

He extension kicked in after the new CBA started so you can't amnesty him.

Also even if they could amnesty him other teams could put a bid on him.

Regardless he can't rejoin the Bulls until that contract finishes if amnestied.

Really simplified, but he would be gone if amnestied. Can't amnesty then resign for less.

Last edited:
Kevin Martin (He will never be KMart that's Kenyon) Bottom line. Good player. Just not one you want to have to rely on to be your #2 or #3 scorer.

Last edited:
I never thought I'd see young averaging more pts than his career avg while coming off the bench for the lakers. He has been the most consistent for the lakers thus far.

Bennett just trolling everybody who believed in him at this point

Last edited:
Nelson999 doesn't watch Clipper games. I'm sure he's compiling a list of plays that prove how Cousins gets "mistreated" by the refs even though he is #3 in the entire league in FT attempts
laugh.gif

Clipper fans stay acting like ******* just like their floppin *** team i guess

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom