2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if you were to build a "dream" quartet of NBA talking heads to have ESPN show, who would be on it?

*Don't count guys from TNT.
Panel:
Reece Davis (or even Ryen Russilo :lol:)
Jalen Rose
Stan Van Gundy
Tim Legler

Special interviewer:
Bill Simmons

Simmons is much better off in a one on one setting, where he can talk with a guest a la his podcasts. Putting him on the panel just leads him to throwing out fake trades and cheapshots at various players.

Last edited:
I'd prefer Magic (or anyone) to Jalen Rose. He's awful. He either needs to be in a no-holes barred setting or not on TV at all. His 'cool' act amongst nerds is tired. He's also given as many insightful takes on basketball as Magic has, none.

I really think Tim Legler runs circles around any in-studio talent ESPN has for NBA.
All of this. Rose would fit right in on TNT. Legs is also the truth. A trio of CWebb GP and Rose + mod would rival TNT. FoxSports1 has GP now though.

Dan Schulman is pretty good. He's unbiased, fresh, and brings a certain flavor to the program that I enjoy.

Bill Simmons is so polarizing, which is exactly why he should be on the show. You either love him or hate him. You don't have to the play the game to excel in analyzing it. He's an example of that. Whether you agree with him or disagree with him, it's obvious he knows a bit about what he's talking about and his passion is great for television.

Beyond that, the ESPN NBA crew is just weak man. Hubie is dope, Doris is dope, JVG is dope, but that's it man. Nobody else has any flavor, everyone says the typical things about everyone, and that's terrible for TV. They all are just soooo dry it gets cringeworthy.

And then you have Jalen Rose, who overcompensates for the rest of the crew's dryness by overtly being OD with the flavor.

Just fail all around.

Cwebb, GP, Tim Legler+ Skip Bayless would be :smokin

Throw in Coach Hubie Brown and you got a great cast for NBA countdown.

Ill play

JVG
Legler
Simmons
C-Webb

Arguements between JVG and Simmons alone would be hilarious

Last edited:
Actually..

I would like Dan LeBatard on my team too.

Dan's pretty good too.

"You know it's hard when someone makes it look so easy." TNT effortlessly brings ex players and NBA personnel on Inside and it flows, hardly ever misses a beat. Even with Shaq, he flows right with them now. They know how to balance fun and analyzing perfectly. One would think that wouldn't be hard, but no other show can replicate that. I watched open court this weak without Shaq AND Charles, and it still flowed smoothly.

Eric Gordon > James Harden and you guys will see it this year.

James+Harden+Creepy.gif

coach trying to be serious in a timeout situation -- "star" player goofing off and not paying attention, I think we can all say Dwight will be right at home and went to the right place....

espn needs to steal webber from tnt..

and tnt needs to get rid of shaq.. and someone needs to let GP get on every once and a while

And while we're at it, as my man above said, GP has got to get back into Television. He was MONEY when he was on NBATV. Him, CWebb, and Ahmad for the first time I felt really challenged TNT's NBA coverage.

TNT effortlessly brings ex players and NBA personnel on Inside and it flows, hardly ever misses a beat. Even with Shaq, he flows right with them now. They know how to balance fun and analyzing perfectly. One would think that wouldn't be hard, but no other show can replicate that. I watched open court this weak without Shaq AND Charles, and it still flowed smoothly.
thats because EJ is the goat

many people may not agree but when chuck was out partying last year during the all-star weekend, Karl Malone was actually funny and fit right in, with shaq, Kenny, and EJ

And while we're at it, as my man above said, GP has got to get back into Television. He was MONEY when he was on NBATV. Him, CWebb, and Ahmad for the first time I felt really challenged TNT's NBA coverage.

CWebb/ GP/ Ahmad = orlando magic in the mid 90s. championships should have been won

At the Wizards game on Tuesday they had mics on the rims. That **** was weird as hell. I was just waiting for it to pick up KG talking **** but he wasn't his usual self 
laugh.gif

I wonder if that's something they're trying league wide. In any event...it's gonna backfire.

I'd prefer Magic (or anyone) to Jalen Rose. He's awful. He either needs to be in a no-holes barred setting or not on TV at all. His 'cool' act amongst nerds is tired. He's also given as many insightful takes on basketball as Magic has, none.

I agree wholeheartedly.

And this was sort of a new revelation for me. I began watching those Grantland NBA Preview videos yesterday, and I could barely get through two of them. Jalen is absolutely worthless, and has almost nothing to give of value. In fact, the only thing he actually knows anything about in those 15 minute videos is the Champagne and Campaign section about himself. :x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom