2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmons is just meh on TV... and radio. It's disappointing b/c it takes away from what he really excels at which is writing. His voice has little presence and is pretty weak. He would be better just being behind the scenes putting the team together and writing their material (that's if they do have writers)

I'm watching the replay of this mornings Rockets-Pacers game, and Danny Granger looks horrible out there.
laugh.gif
HORRIBLE.  I hope he gets himself together though, seriously.  He's a 14 expiring contract too.  

Its crazy how he can go from being a 20 a game guy, to looking like he never played basketball before

tired.gif

maybe?
Danny Granger did not participate in Wednesday's practice due to back soreness.

“He tweaked his back yesterday,” Vogel said. “His knee was doing really, really good. No concerns there. But he got hit with a screen yesterday and kinda jerked his back out of whack.”

Granger played in just five seasons due to patellar tendinosis.

Via Candace Buckner/Indianapolis Star
probably not

Last edited:
Yall act like it's impossible for Blake Griffin to move into the Top 5. He's already top 10, all he has to do is put up 25 and 10 and be an MVP candidate then he's in the top 5.

He's 20 and 10 already and if the Clippers have a top 5 record then he will be a MVP candidate. Knock Blake all you want, call him soft or whatever but you can't ignore his talent and potential.

Wilbon and jalen were always on magics nuts, and it would always be an awkward silence after bill spoke, the white man won

Last edited:
Yall act like it's impossible for Blake Griffin to move into the Top 5. He's already top 10, all he has to do is put up 25 and 10 and be an MVP candidate then he's in the top 5.

He's 20 and 10 already and if the Clippers have a top 5 record then he will be a MVP candidate. Knock Blake all you want, call him soft or whatever but you can't ignore his talent and potential.

Well with that Criteria i would hope that you have Melo on your top 5 list (i personally believe he's top 5)

Pacers don't need Granger anymore, PG is the guy moving forward
for sure.  I think he'll be gone at the deadline if he gets it together, but it still sucks, he gave alot to Indy post Malice in the Palace, and did his best to keep them relevant

Since 2006-2007 he averaged

then the injury happened...we'll see how he rounds out as the season goes, but its not looking good,

I'd rather listen to Bill Simmons talk about basketball than Magic Johnson.

Tell me one thing Magic added to that set? For as great of a player he was, dude is dumb as a bag of flour when discussing the game. He would ONLY state the obvious.

"This is a hotly contested game 7, and someone is going to win."

"I expect Doc Rivers to have 5 starters on the floor when the game starts tonight."

it goes on and on....

Good riddance.

I rock with Bill

and anything that means i dont have to hear Magic attempt to speak English is a plus

I'd prefer Magic (or anyone) to Jalen Rose. He's awful. He either needs to be in a no-holes barred setting or not on TV at all. His 'cool' act amongst nerds is tired. He's also given as many insightful takes on basketball as Magic has, none.

I really think Tim Legler runs circles around any in-studio talent ESPN has for NBA.

Last edited:
Magic is such a basketball God and sharp business wise but it kills me how bad he is at speaking and illustrating his thoughts.

Magic either has no basketball IQ or doesn't care enough to watch games consistently anymore. Some of his opinions were so far off that it was awkward to even call him out on it. I remember him emphatically saying the Thunder were going to miss James Harden for his defense. HARDEN FOR HIS DEFENSE. The rest of the crew was just like ......uh yeah.

So, if you were to build a "dream" quartet of NBA talking heads to have ESPN show, who would be on it?

*Don't count guys from TNT.

Magic is such a basketball God and sharp business wise but it kills me how bad he is at speaking and illustrating his thoughts.

Whoever is advising him on his business deals deserves a raise. I've never seen a man come off as so dumb, but have a portfolio that's worth well over a billion dollars. It's baffling to me.

What a comeback by Boston! Tim Hardaway Jr. is ice cold! :x I think we have something here....

Best case scenario for Boston is starting 1.Rondo, 2. Avery Bradley, 3. Gerald Wallace, 4. Jeff Green (or maybe switch positions with Gerald and Jeff.) and have Humphries at the 5.

i like Brandon Bass starting too, maybe Brad Stevens will have him start over Gerald. Faveroni is our only 7-footer so he has to get a significant amount of playing time. Sully can start when he gets into shape. He needs to shed like 15 pounds. Boston can fight for 8th cause Washington is hampered with injuries. Jus' gotta worry about Detroit, Cleveland and Toronto. Milwaukee doesn't really seem all that threatening. They might be just as good as Boston without Rondo.

I love Rich Kamla for pregame

Mike fratelo, Hubie Brown, Kevin Harlan all do great play by play.  

David aldridge for sideline report

But if Brent Musburger could somehow do hoops. He would be the GOAT

What a comeback by Boston! Tim Hardaway Jr. is ice cold!
sick.gif
I think we have something here....

Best case scenario for Boston is starting 1.Rondo, 2. Avery Bradley, 3. Gerald Wallace, 4. Jeff Green (or maybe switch positions with Gerald and Jeff.) and have Humphries at the 5.

i like Brandon Bass starting too, maybe Brad Stevens will have him start over Gerald. Faveroni is our only 7-footer so he has to get a significant amount of playing time. Sully can start when he gets into shape. He needs to shed like 15 pounds. Boston can fight for 8th cause Washington is hampered with injuries. Jus' gotta worry about Detroit, Cleveland and Toronto. Milwaukee doesn't really seem all that threatening. They might be just as good as Boston without Rondo.
Isnt your rookie from zaga 7 ft. I actually Like Bass coming off the bench and playing down the stretch. I think Brooks could be a nice scoring spark off the bench. I totally agree I think if they keep rondo they will make the playoffs. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom