2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
put mccollum in already, this game has been done back in the 1st half.
Anyone better than Mo. Dont know what Stotts is doing, give the kid some experience and confidence! Hes shown flashes of being good, but nah we'll just put Mo in and let him chuck 15 footers and hope he makes one.

paul george is first option on his team and kawhi is like the third on the spurs.

u cant compare them.

thats why Paul George will get the max.

Kawhi is going to have to be good with around 10 mill a year, which is totally inline with the current NBA salary structure, might even become a huge bargain in a couple years.

10 Mil? Meh, he'll probably get that.

As long as no one is on here thinking he's some type of future star or something. Read that a lot last year on here. It was him and PG that everyone thought would be stars this year.

Can someone explain to me why per 36 is relevant or useful
It makes it easier to compare players who have a large gap in minutes per game, and I think it has a great use in a situation like this where we're comparing a guy on a team where no one played above 30 minutes to a guy who played 36

I see you Melo..

sswr8lgt3bkjduddn63h.jpg

paul george is first option on his team and kawhi is like the third on the spurs.

u cant compare them.

thats why Paul George will get the max.

Kawhi is going to have to be good with around 10 mill a year, which is totally inline with the current NBA salary structure, might even become a huge bargain in a couple years.

Could Kawhi sign at 2-year extension for 20 something as a prove it deal to get max money?

The difference is they all had #1 option experience, kawhi living off of hof talent

#1 option is not the only way you provide value on a basketball court.

find a wing that replicates his production it will cost you 10+ on the open market.

plus he's young with upside.

i'd give kawhi 10M/yr
defense is solid
shoots a solid pct
can stretch the floor with 3 ball
nice post gm

just needs more touches

10m a yr? Stop

Son still cant dribble between his legs

i'd give kawhi 10M/yr
defense is solid
shoots a solid pct
nice post gm

just needs more touches

the thought of kawhi only getting 7 million :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

batum makes 11-12 million.
jeff green makes 9 million.
thad young makes 9 million.
tyreke evans just got 10 million.
shawn marion still making 9 million.

oj mayo, caron butler, marcus thornton all make 8. marvin williams makes 7.5

you want kawhi to get a max of 7.
that puts him in the company of tayshaun prince, evan turner, kyle korver..

have i made my point yet?

It makes it easier to compare players who have a large gap in minutes per game, and I think it has a great use in a situation like this where we're comparing a guy on a team where no one played above 30 minutes to a guy who played 36

Yeah but the stat doesn't account for the changes that come with extended minutes which is why it's severely flawed. Just because you play more doesn't mean you'll score more. Or you may score more, but your team may suck and your efficiency may plummet.

repped.

seriously it's like people have no idea how a market works.

Last edited:
Lol Haynes goes completely vertical there and gets called for a foul. Hibbert is the only guy in the league who gets away with that ****

Per 36 sucks because efficiency will always decline with usage rate. You can't just pro-rate numbers like that, it has no relationship to what would happen in reality.

Remember when people tried to say Javale McGee could be a star based on his per 36 numbers?

Yeah but the stat doesn't account for the changes that come with extended minutes which is why it's severely flawed. Just because you play more doesn't mean you'll score more. Or you may score more, but your team may suck and your efficiency may plummet.
Per 36 sucks because efficiency will always decline with usage rate. You can't just pro-rate numbers like that, it has no relationship to what would happen in reality.

Remember when people tried to say Javale McGee could be a star based on his per 36 numbers?
I'm well aware but I honestly feel that even with an increased amount of usage, his numbers wouldnt drastically plummet. Eye test man I watched 70+ games of this guy I have faith in him 

i'd give kawhi 10M/yr
defense is solid
shoots a solid pct
nice post gm

just needs more touches

10m a yr? Stop

Son still cant dribble between his legs

i'd give kawhi 10M/yr
defense is solid
shoots a solid pct
nice post gm

just needs more touches

Good post :smokin

I mean if you keep your starters in they should eventually make shots especially against the b team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom