2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me why per 36 is relevant or useful

Can someone explain to me why per 36 is relevant or useful
It makes it easier to compare players who have a large gap in minutes per game, and I think it has a great use in a situation like this where we're comparing a guy on a team where no one played above 30 minutes to a guy who played 36

i don't really like per 36. it can be misinterpreted really badly.

people use to say "oh well _________________ was averaging 15 points in 18 minutes, his per 36 would have him averaging 30 a game!"

when in fact, it doesn't take into account the level of competition you're playing against (most likely getting those numbers against bench players".

also don't like that it standardizes everything. just because you play 36 minutes does not mean you'll replicate the numbers you put in proportion in less minutes.

theres a reason why the spurs finished on that hot streak when kawhi got back from his injury

a guy like marcus thornton got 4/30M
eric gordon got 4/60M off potential and flashes when healthy

kawhi isnt gonna get that little

Last edited:
There's still plenty of room in the _amien Lillar_ Libel Train. 

Allll aboooaard

hey did i mention that kawhi leonard is only 22 years old

22 year olds, we out here mayne :smokin :smokin

i'm turning 24 this year :(

it doesn't guarantee he'll get better, but you're obviously much more likely to develop. he's already a good player, probably 5 years off of his prime

these refs are absolutely not allowing any type of comeback

5 offensive fouls this quarter :{

portland is 25-30 from the FT line.

san antonio is 14-18.

**** a comeback, this game could be a 30 piece if not for the refs

Last edited:
But seriously though, what does this mean? I always am hesitant to throw out ages, because youth does not automatically imply that one gets "supremely" better.

it actually does.

occasional exceptions but for the most part player improve until around 25,26,27

Last edited:
I disagree. Blazers hit the average amount of 3s they usually hit and this game is a WHOLE DIFFERENT ballgame. They missed shots they usually can make, yet the Spurs were clicking on all cylinders.

Last edited:
wanna know why portland are missing as many 3s as they are? it's not just because they're off.

defense.

But seriously though, what does this mean? I always am hesitant to throw out ages, because youth does not automatically imply that one gets "supremely" better.

May not get better but you have more time to work with them. Also the possible benefit of the player growing in physique. Prime ex. Kobe, lebron, Dwight howard

Last edited:
Oh look at that, Excellent double team and then recovery to draw a charge. 7 million is all thats worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom