2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
30w4ld5.jpg

Please basketball gods... Have other teams hire Mark Jackson, Steve Kerr, George Karl, Lionel Hollins and Vinny Del Negro asap so that the Lakers won't even get a chance to interview them.

I got love for Mark, but we need a defensive minded X's and O's coach more than a motivational coach right now with our lack of talent.

Spo actually did pay dues. He shouldn't be on that list. 
He had no coaching experience though. I mean, you could look at Kerr's time as GM as "paying dues," but at the end of the day, he's still cut from the same cloth as many of the guys Anti posted above.
Coaching period? or Head coaching? He was on that bench in '06 when they won. He spent years going from the video coordinator going through the ranks. In that respect I would say he has more coaching experience than Kerr has at this point. Kerr hasn't sat on a bench to coach in any capacity.

You're not dealing with player egos everyday for 7-8 months being a head coach
Nor are you doing that when you're just a commentator(Mark Jackson) or when you retire, vanish for two years then get a coaching job (Doc Rivers)

He seems like a likeable guy who will get along with players, he deserves a chance.

I meant head coaching experience but Spoeldres being an assistant for so long probably rules him out of this

Last edited:

You're not dealing with player egos everyday for 7-8 months being a head coach
Nor are you doing that when you're just a commentator(Mark Jackson) or when you retire, vanish for two years then get a coaching job (Doc Rivers)

He seems like a likeable guy who will get along with players, he deserves a chance.

I totally spaced out about Spoelstra and I know what he did too
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Being a commentator you are aware that they do have production meetings prior to broadcasts and in those meetings, they talk to players. That alone can give you some sense of how to take a temperature of a locker room. I'd even give that to Kerr since he knows that side of it too, so he's not totally lost on it. 

now mark is labeled as a motivational speaker? 
grin.gif
 give that man credit for what he did instead of pigeonholing him into that cheap title

dude does seem like he has an ego problem. I've seen these cheap labels put on certain coaches that has had some success to demean what they have done 

now mark is labeled as a motivational speaker? >D  give that man credit for what he did instead of pigeonholing him into that cheap title

dude does seem like he has an ego problem. I've seen these cheap labels put on certain coaches that has had some success to demean what they have done 
This. Mark Jackson has his faults like every other coach, but to downplay what he has down is silly.

The amien lillar Libel Train will be departing in a few hours. Purchase your tickets now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom