2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since last year a lot of players have been wearing leggings, but they haven't made a big deal about it this time.

I guess they noticed it was dumb to ban leggings when half the league was wearing all of those other knee pads and shin guards that look like leggings anyways.

I think this is what happened. Players started to where long knee pads that cut off right before the sock/ankle area and it just bled into full fledged tights.

Clutch PG24. Took me back to last year's Miami playoff series.

Someone will back into the playoffs as the Atlantic Division winner.

actually the date should be 2015. those jerseys would sell like hot cakes at the NYC all star game 
pimp.gif

I wonder if we can trade for Tyson Chandler :nerd:

Dalembert + Shane Larkin + Wayne Ellington.

Do it Cubes. :lol:

Dalembert got so abused tonight, :rofl:

Howard doesn't get more dominant than that. Dally was trying, but just wasn't working out. I know he's incredibly undersized, especially against Dwight, but I wish they would've tried Blair out there more, just because he's stronger than Dalembert is, and would've kept Dwight further out of the paint. Howard just pummeled Dalembert into the paint, and left him with nothing to do but get scored on all night.

For as good as Howard was, Monta was just as good. Except, Monta almost shot free throws worse than Dwight, :rofl: .

Only an eighth of the season in, but Monta is averaging 3rd most points of his career (23.3), 2nd best FG% (49.5), 3rd most assists (5.7), 2nd best 3PT% (34), and is playing next to one of the least selfish dominant scorers in recent history.

And Dirk is starting to return to form finally. 48.8%/42.6%/93.5%.

I'm just happy we're playing better basketball than last year. Last year was fun with OJ and Darren, but when we started starting Derek Fisher and Mike James, I knew the season was toast.

Remember when you guys were laughing at me for saying that Monta Ellis and Derrick Rose are the same player except for the fact that Monta has never had a great coach/system to play in?
laugh.gif

[quote name="DarthSka" url="/t/571782/2013-nba-season-thread-ind-nyk-hou-dal-espn/18750#post_19159349]Hope nothing. We're just throwing out preemptive lulz over the possibility of something that has happened with both of his previous teams, even though one of those teams he was with for only 1 season.

Predicting that he'll go 3-3 on something that he is currently 2-2 on, that's not exactly coming out of the woodwork w/ something random.

We're not predicting that he'll start chucking up 3s if the Rockets have another frustrating loss; that would be 'coming out of the woodwork w something', since there's no reason to believe he would do that.

But what we're talking about? Like I said, 2-2.[/quote]

Houston fans he's yours now, so I understand you want to believe in him, and you guys can totally be right with everything you're hoping for. But if you take a step back you can already see some familiar things. Hopefully for your sake they don't explode into full-on problems... like they have twice already.

We're not hoping for him to fail - not me at least - but he has already proven who he is TWICE. We're not hoping, we're just conditioned to expect things at this point.

While on the subject this post points out the differences in ORL Dwight and today's Dwight in detail: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9997968/the-rockets-approach-nba-finals-worthy

Last edited:
This is the most fun I've had watching the Mavs in a while.

No expectations.

No pain when they lose.

Monta is fun as hell to watch.

I know its early but people were laughing when I said top 4th or 5th in the West :nerd:

Last edited:
View media item 663090

didnt they ban full length leggings? 
Yeah I saw Mo Williams wearing them the other day too. I guess they just don't care anymore/realized they are more important things to worry about.

Kinda like how they "banned" kinesiotape for no reason then took it back.. the NBA doesn't seem that organized at times

Last edited:
but then lebron and harden would get no FTs a game if that were the case

Jams Harden does this thing where he sticks his arms straight and baits you into swiping at the ball, then rips it through.

Those are all legit fouls.

Don't be that you teams doesn't have advanced scouts, or your team doesn't reach the scouting report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom