2013 AIR JORDAN 3 RETRO BLACK CEMENT '88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope that these really are gonna release again. Would love to see some 4s come back with NA also.

Last edited:
did the WC 88s from this year have Nike AIr inside the shoe?

Yes, and those are GM BC3 88's. You can tell from the elephant print. The fakes and GM pairs all have that print, many people consider GM = fakes, so I guess all you have to say is the fakes have that print.

But I commend his effort for posting the shoes and showing the difference.

Then again I would say what's the point of posting unless he says what site he got them from, so everyone knows to watch for the site. Anybody could have posted or googled comparison photos of 2011 to GM's and put the photos side by side.

The real question is where did he get them?

If the elephant print wasn't so thick on those from that site...... I'd be really tempted to pull the trigger

If the elephant print wasn't so thick on those from that site...... I'd be really tempted to pull the trigger
Man true that. I didn't realise until I received them, they didn't look to bad in the pics on the website, as they are quite thick when compared to my 2011 and white 88s.
But don't some 3s also come out with thick elephant prints, saw a thread on here about elephant prints etc.

That website has all their shoes less than $300, Free Shipping, & a full size run in all the styles I looked at?
Too good to be true!

^^ bad fakes at that

Yeah this dude on here acting like he copped some GM BC3
eyes.gif
FOH!

oh some of ya still think Grey markets are fakes? :lol:

^Usually due to factory inconsistencies.

But yah, at that price I would scoop a pair if the elephant print was on point

^Usually due to factory inconsistencies.

But yah, at that price I would scoop a pair if the elephant print was on point
here's da rub: elephant print is always inconsistent.

imma wait till they release since i got crispy CDP pairs, but if i miss this release ill just get em later that month from

a online seller. early release sites have stemmed prices for everything from going too high, which is great.

here's da rub: elephant print is always inconsistent.

imma wait till they release since i got crispy CDP pairs, but if i miss this release ill just get em later that month from

a online seller. early release sites have stemmed prices for everything from going too high, which is great.
True that, hopefully they do release and this November would be great.

Whatever the case is...GM pairs generally look a lot worse and there is something always off about them. Whether it's the slightly odd looking elephant print, the wrong shade of a color here or there, or the uncanny widows peaks that seem to be all over every make and model Jordan Retro, there is just something terribly off about them in general. Lack of quality control is one thing, but a lot of the flaws are very consistent on each model, and many are of a level that just makes you 
sick.gif
, then 
mean.gif
. And if it's your pair, then it's like 
mad.gif
. I don't know man...that's way too many colors for my face to be changing to be messin with these GM's that usually cost over retail anyway.

Whatever the case is...GM pairs generally look a lot worse and there is something always off about them. Whether it's the slightly odd looking elephant print, the wrong shade of a color here or there, or the uncanny widows peaks that seem to be all over every make and model Jordan Retro, there is just something terribly off about them in general. Lack of quality control is one thing, but a lot of the flaws are very consistent on each model, and many are of a level that just makes you :x , then :smh: . And if it's your pair, then it's like >: . I don't know man...that's way too many colors for my face to be changing to be messin with these GM's that usually cost over retail anyway.
Man you going ompa lompa with all those colourful faces there. You make a good point about these GM guess at the end of the day best to just get an official release from a legit retailer. Couldn't resist the heat on these that will hopefully be coming out soon, that I gave in to an early release pair, as these are one of my favourite Js along with the bred 4s. Hopefully people on here can make some analysis with the pics before they purchase from an early release website. Hopefully we hear a date soon for these.

Hi peeps am new to nike talk thought I would post some pics of an early release of jordan 3 black 88s I recently copped and compared to my 2011 pair of 3s, I normally wouldn't purchase an early release or "unauthorised release" (would ever you want to call it) but with these anticipated black 3 release I made an exception. Hope this helps out you guys trying to see some details on these and differences to the 2011 pair
I honestly think they are on point with the materials used but the construction is prob not up to JB standards, like as if they were made quick or not much attention to detail.
First I'd like to thank props for posting these pictures, telling people where he got the shoes, and giving his honest opinion on the shoes. The side by side shots with the 2011 are appreciated also. Thanks man.

I'm going to give my opinion here and you guys can take it for what it's worth...

Let's go back to January 18th when I posted this picture of the GM WC3 next to my 2003 WC3...

When I posted this picture I believe it was the first in-hand picture of the GM WC3 posted on NT. This was two months before the May 25th release date.

Now this GM pair did have thin elephant print but I don't really think that's as relevant as the fact that this pair DID HAVE THE TONGUE TAG.

I also know that this pair came directly from a factory where Nike employees were overseeing production.

It's usually possible to order a dozen or so pairs of anything mass produced (such as the bred 4s, bred 11s, toro 4s, grape 5s, etc...) 3-5 months before they come out. With the NA WC3 I only saw TWO pairs before release date. Didn't see any royal 1s before release date, only after.

The fact that there is no tongue tag on these, no official release date information yet, and the website props posted has a FSR leads me to believe these are just straight up fakes.

I have seen GM kicks with the wrong box (for example Kobe 8s with a Kobe 7 box). But never without the wrong tongue tag.

I can also tell you that GM availability (how early you can get them and how many you can get) is directly correlated to production numbers.

So if those are in fact a real GM pair (I realize that's an oxymoron
laugh.gif
) opposed to straight up fakes, and this website really has a FSR, then these SHOULD be widely available.

But since the WC3 was so limited and all other NA releases have been limited I highly doubt that those are GM.

Just my two cents.

First I'd like to thank props for posting these pictures, telling people where he got the shoes, and giving his honest opinion on the shoes. The side by side shots with the 2011 are appreciated also. Thanks man.

I'm going to give my opinion here and you guys can take it for what it's worth...

Let's go back to January 18th when I posted this picture of the GM WC3 next to my 2003 WC3...

View media item 573849

When I posted this picture I believe it was the first in-hand picture of the GM WC3 posted on NT. This was two months before the May 25th release date.

Now this GM pair did have thin elephant print but I don't really think that's as relevant as the fact that this pair DID HAVE THE TONGUE TAG.

I also know that this pair came directly from a factory where Nike employees were overseeing production.

It's usually possible to order a dozen or so pairs of anything mass produced (such as the bred 4s, bred 11s, toro 4s, grape 5s, etc...) 3-5 months before they come out. With the NA WC3 I only saw TWO pairs before release date. Didn't see any royal 1s before release date, only after.

The fact that there is no tongue tag on these, no official release date information yet, and the website props posted has a FSR leads me to believe these are just straight up fakes.

I have seen GM kicks with the wrong box (for example Kobe 8s with a Kobe 7 box). But never without the wrong tongue tag.

I can also tell you that GM availability (how early you can get them and how many you can get) is directly correlated to production numbers.

So if those are in fact a real GM pair (I realize that's an oxymoron :lol: ) opposed to straight up fakes, and this website really has a FSR, then these SHOULD be widely available.

But since the WC3 was so limited and all other NA releases have been limited I highly doubt that those are GM.

Just my two cents.
Hennessy great analysis and explanation makes sense. I also noted that when I feel the tumbled leather on the 2011 pair it is soft and almost stretchy (when poked from the inside) like real plush leather but on these other ones it is much more stiff and not soft nor stretchy, doubt official ones would come out with this type of leather or whatever material it might be. Hope all this info is helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom