2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I doubt any store here will get these.

Have to acquire online, which will be a struggle, but I MUST HAVE THESE.

These will fill the void of not having the Royals.

Pass

If I were to grab these I would paint the midsole to black to actually appreciate them. I'll let the resellers beast on these and save my energy for them grapes.

Easy pass. Always hated PL on 1s. 

Good luck to everyone else though, have a feeling these will be like the royals all over again. 

Black/Reds and Black toes are the only 1s left on my list for this year. 

here's a pic of the original's
View media item 311027
noticeable difference on the outsole.
OG had black
retro has Gold translucent speckled sole. but everything else seems on point.
very excited for this release.

Btw, does anybody know the significance of why Jordan made a BLACK and GOLD 1??
Cause there's got to be a meaning of it if he's retroing it twice

Is it because he's black and likes wearing gold??

View media item 311028

the funny thing about the Black Gold colorway is that there were like 4-5 different variation of the colorway back in 1985. Some had patent leather (which was a first on a basketball shoe) and some were leather. I want to say that the all black version with the gold logo and gold swoosh in black leather were the pair that ended up releasing.

You mean the 2003 version?

air-jordan-retro-1-patent-leather-black-metallic-gold.jpg
Still trying to figure out if I had these...I remember seeing everyone back in middle school with these on...

Either way, will try to cop, these bring back memories..

If these were leather and had a true gum sole, I think it'd be a lock for me. Definitely better than the Celtics, but the wrinkling on these will make them look awful way quicker than a leather 1, so I'm on the fence.

the funny thing about the Black Gold colorway is that there were like 4-5 different variation of the colorway back in 1985. Some had patent leather (which was a first on a basketball shoe) and some were leather. I want to say that the all black version with the gold logo and gold swoosh in black leather were the pair that ended up releasing.

If I'm remembering correclty there was never a release of a black / gold patent leather 1's to the general public and the only patent leather variant was the black midsole version...

I think the ones your thinking of were the white midsole variant that was posted earlier and it was determined that they were fakes...There was a rumor of a pair like these that was a limited release in Japan, back in 1985 I want to say, but there has never been a valid confirmation or even a legit picture of a pair...Only pictures of that other posted pair that belonged to NT Member RJ and were the ones he got called out on as being fake that I was writing about before...

~EDIT~

Here is one of the old NT threads I was thinking about...Still looking for the other older thread...

http://niketalk.com/t/2827/og-black-gold-air-jordan-1

Last edited:
I'm not sure which variation of the ones previously mentioned, but I know for a fact that there was a black patent/gold jordan 1 that was gifted by Nike to MJ in '85. Also it was a 1of 1. Heard this years before those '03 versions too, like in the 90's. IMO JB actually pulled these off fairly well.

Ok I stand correct on the above...

I found the pics and info I had saved...Needed a little memory jogging ...I have pics of three seperate models of pairs that were determined to be legit...Though they never did make it out of the sample phase save for the black midsole pair that was a F&F pair for MJ and his people that I poster earlier...

Anyway here is the pictures from that magazine (Boom! from Japan)...
View media item 311128View media item 311135
Here is the other white midsole variation...Notice the white swoosh boarder on this pair...
View media item 311131

here's a pic of the original's
View media item 311027
noticeable difference on the outsole.
OG had black
retro has Gold translucent speckled sole. but everything else seems on point.
very excited for this release.

Btw, does anybody know the significance of why Jordan made a BLACK and GOLD 1??
Cause there's got to be a meaning of it if he's retroing it twice
Actually I think it was determined many years, and threads ago, that this is a pair of fakes...
This. I think NTer "babydill" actually had a legit pair. Haven't seen him in years though and my computer with all my old NT images is long gone. :\

EDIT: Thanks for the catalog pics vegetaray, those are some of the ones I used to have.

Last edited:
This. I think NTer "babydill actually had a legit pair. Haven't seen him in years and my computer with all my old NT images is long gone. :\

Babydill was the NT'er I was thinking of thanks...

He did have a legit pair of Black / Gold's and I think the Lakers 1's as well...Lakers of course being probably the rarest of any Jordan 1's or other...

At any rate all this being said that stupid gold glitter sole kills this setup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom