2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time coming into this thread in a while....So were these more more or less limited  than the Royals?

Funny how like 5 years ago, 1's were sitting everywhere, and people were sick of the model. 

Wrote a book. Decided to delete it. :smile:

People get angry when I put the facts out there and ask questions about why this release was the way it was. So I'll just save this original post in my notes :frown:

Last edited:
First time coming into this thread in a while....So were these more more or less limited  than the Royals?
Funny how like 5 years ago, 1's were sitting everywhere, and people were sick of the model. 

Lol you're right. It's funny that everybody wears 1's all of a sudden…

Finally saw these in person, on feet but w/ gold laces..

its alright.. its very shiny but not as shiny as i thought, the glitters on the side of the sole aren't that visible (only when you're close)

& the clear gum sole.. well I guess it's something unique if you have a few AJ1s, I just hope they don't do any more clear soles to other OG 1s & just reserve those for AF1s or dunks

I would pick these over the celtics or maybe the knicks but not over the other NA 1s releasing this year

even though he had the gold laces on, still gave him props since it was the first pair I've seen in L.A.

i thought it was tamakin but he doesnt go on NT or forums he just follow FTL unlocked blog lol.. he said he got it for $275 paypal shipped from NY

Last edited:
Lol you're right. It's funny that everybody wears 1's all of a sudden…
these are special 1s....they are og high not mid and they come og packaged....not a reg jordan box which brings in the collectors
True, but my thing is that some new collectors, especially those in high school right now, wouldn't know the difference between OG and some random colorway. I used to lurk back then and the general sentiment on this board was that JB needed to stop releasing 1's and give us something else.

Had a really nice score last Sat and ended up picking up another pair on Craiglist. So after seeing dude getting exposed for his 20k ad decided to go peruse cl to see if anyone else in LA had these for sale. Saw an ad for a brand new pair of the black gold 1s sz 9 for $200 but the poster had a stock pic of the 2003 patent leather 1s from Flightclub. Figured it wasn't a bad deal for a DS pair so emailed the seller asking for more pics of the actual shoe. Person later emails me back with these pics:

v6hhqf.jpg

lw1oz.jpg

301hc1j.jpg

So I get the pics and I'm like wtf is this forreal? I'm thinking person prob jacked the pics from somewhere so I email the seller back and was like when and where you get the shoes? And she emails back saying a week ago and her bf got them off someone but didn't like them so decided to sell. Then I'm like would he happen to have the receipt for the shoes? And she's like no he actually got them from someone that's sponsored by Nike so he gets the shoes direct. So I'm thinking about dude who got a pair from Dwayne Bowe and looking at the pics again and notice the label doesn't have the msrp tag on them so I'm feeling this might actually be legit. Figured it was worth a shot plus it was going to be a meetup so I can check if everything was legit.

Ended up meeting her on Sat morning and it was this nice lady with her daughter. She tells me her bf got them from a music artist sponsored by Nike that gave him a couple pairs of these to wear in music videos, etc. Couldn't believe my luck but was fortunate that she put a pic of the 2003 patent leathers since she had her ad up for a couple days already. But anyways here's a pic of one of my best craigslist pickup:

16h6blw.jpg

^ Lol. You're probably not even a size 9. You already had 2 pairs, stop being greedy!!!!

Da Shoefreak... That's a clutch come up. Nice job!!! Can't believe that's such a sick story. First box pic I seen without an msrp. Kind of reminds me of how my Royals from Europe don't have the msrp sticker.

What's this bring you to? 7 total since release date? (Think it was you with all the pairs- so much gold :smokin)

something tells me we might see these in a few years without a glittery sole and a wider release. at least I hope
laugh.gif

Who woulda thought CL would have your cheapest pair, shoe freak?! Awesome come up. You should keep that number and check back with them any time there's a limited/hard to get shoe. Any guess on who the artist could have been?

Had a really nice score last Sat and ended up picking up another pair on Craiglist. So after seeing dude getting exposed for his 20k ad decided to go peruse cl to see if anyone else in LA had these for sale. Saw an ad for a brand new pair of the black gold 1s sz 9 for $200 but the poster had a stock pic of the 2003 patent leather 1s from Flightclub. Figured it wasn't a bad deal for a DS pair so emailed the seller asking for more pics of the actual shoe. Person later emails me back with these pics:

v6hhqf.jpg

lw1oz.jpg

301hc1j.jpg

So I get the pics and I'm like wtf is this forreal? I'm thinking person prob jacked the pics from somewhere so I email the seller back and was like when and where you get the shoes? And she emails back saying a week ago and her bf got them off someone but didn't like them so decided to sell. Then I'm like would he happen to have the receipt for the shoes? And she's like no he actually got them from someone that's sponsored by Nike so he gets the shoes direct. So I'm thinking about dude who got a pair from Dwayne Bowe and looking at the pics again and notice the label doesn't have the msrp tag on them so I'm feeling this might actually be legit. Figured it was worth a shot plus it was going to be a meetup so I can check if everything was legit.

Ended up meeting her on Sat morning and it was this nice lady with her daughter. She tells me her bf got them from a music artist sponsored by Nike that gave him a couple pairs of these to wear in music videos, etc. Couldn't believe my luck but was fortunate that she put a pic of the 2003 patent leathers since she had her ad up for a couple days already. But anyways here's a pic of one of my best craigslist pickup:

16h6blw.jpg
Nice! Great pick up bro! Wish I saw that listing first! ahaha I've been searching all over SoCal for a size 9. I'm stuck with 2 size 8.5s. Planning to sell both of them to make enough money for the size 9. If I could ever find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom