2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I put the blocked punt on the coaches because in my mind, if it happens once, okay blame the players, but if you have a week to fix that problem, then coaches should fix it... just my opinion
I'm a run-first type of fan, so no i truly wouldn't have been mad if we miss the 3rd and 2... i like smash-mouth *Gruden* pound-the-rock *Gruden* football and you gotta miss a few to make the big ones..
i see all your points though
I'm just mad ... thought we might have a shot this year :smh:
and I'm disappointed in EJ
[/quote]

Menelik Watson > Daniel Glauser...Glauser did not play well, and Watson had the flu...smh

Also what is the rule on catches??? Is it the same as the NFL?...That 3rd down where they said KB dropped the pass was suspect...looked like he caught the pass...secured, stepped out, and then lost the ball once he hit the ground

You have to maintain possession through the fall to the ground. Ground can't cause a fumble but it can cause an incompletion. Only way that would have been a completions is if he made he catch, made a 'football move' then hit the ground and the ball came out

who was that talking about Texas' D-line last weekend???
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
EXACTLY!!! they had there moments but like i said last week texas didnt have the defense that could stop WVU.

kstate is the only big12 team that can take them down

-Skip holtz that seat is getting HOT!!.

-the lack of defense this year
sick.gif
mean.gif

-stupid *** UCLA

I take solace in the fact that FSU also lost and we're still undefeated in the ACC.

Some Notre Dame Defensive stats for the NT fam..

#2 scoring defense at 7.8 points per game. Alabama leads at 7.0

#10 passing efficiency defense.

#18 rush defense.

#13 total defense.

#1 red zone TD defense at 16%

#4 Overall red zone defense.

0 Rushing TD's allowed - Only team in nation

3 total TD's allowed - #1 in nation, no one else is less than 5.

0 TD's allowed last three games.

Some Notre Dame Defensive stats for the NT fam..
#2 scoring defense at 7.8 points per game. Alabama leads at 7.0
#10 passing efficiency defense.
#18 rush defense.
#13 total defense.
#1 red zone TD defense at 16%
#4 Overall red zone defense.
0 Rushing TD's allowed - Only team in nation
3 total TD's allowed - #1 in nation, no one else is less than 5.
0 TD's allowed last three games.

ND front 7 is Legit but...

what team that ND has played has a legit offense that didnt have a major deficiency

for example
texas Tech had some gaudy defensive numbers going into the Oklahoma game

Last edited:
Recap:

Northwestern 28- Penn State 39 - Everyone kind of knew Northwestern wan't real, props to the Nittany Lions though, lot of heart. Can't help but root for this group of kids that decided to stick it out and stay in Happy Valley. Big Ball McGloin, team has definitely taken after it's leader. Northwestern, well it's a solid team but they weren't going to run the table, tough road game and they lost.

Arizona 48- Stanford 54 - Probably the most exciting game of the day. Stanford got away with one, this was Arizona's game to lose and they managed to give it away at the end. Still can't believe RichRod sat on those two timeouts with his offense cooking. I still don't think Matt Scott is any good, maybe Rich Rod feels the same way.

LSU 6- Florida 14- Was supposed to be one of the most exciting games of the day, boy what a snooze fest. Defenses came to play but cant help but think that defensive play looked better than it actually is due to inept offensive playcalling and execution. LSU's offense is atrocious, and has been for some time, really bad showing. Mettenberger is not the answer. Florida lives to fight another day, but they have a couple losses in their future. They've already exceeded expectations for this season, IMO.

Iowa State 37- TCU 23 - Welcome to a big time conference TCU, and to no fault of theirs, Iowa State is no doormat. The suspension of Pachall didn't help at all, and it's piss poor timing for such irresponsibility. TCU will receive a lot of these lumps, there are no pushovers in conference play. Iowa State vs. Kansas State just got interesting, and it's my upset pick for next week. Playing in Ames is no joke, just ask Oklahoma State.

GTech 31- Clemson 47 - Just need to touch on this real quick, not a believer in Clemson. 31 to GTech, c'mon Dabo.

WVU 48 - Texas 45 - Texas played into WVU's game plan and lost. That front four definitely caused some major issues and got to Geno, but there is only so much they can do. Too many mistakes from the back seven and Texas' special teams, hurt the Longhorns. WVU not having any sort of defense is a real cause for concern.

Georgia 7 - South Carolina - Georgia getting "Richt'ed", everyone saw it coming. What no one saw coming was the complete domination by South Carolina. Is South Carolina that good on defense or does Georgia get the "They are who we thought they were!" award for this week? South Carolina spent a lot of time in the Bulldog backfield, "Gurshall" never got going and Georgia's D was exposed by the Game Cocks.

FSU 16 - NC State 17 - Wow, just wow. FSU just folded, mailed it in. FSU was going to lose eventually but damn.

Oregon- light work out of UW, expected.
UCLA - Too many people purchased fools gold after that Nebraska win, nope, not here. Actually saw this loss to Cal.
Nebraska - Talk about an implosion.
Kansas State - Still not buying, but getting closer to the register.

Top 15
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. South Carolina
4. Florida
5. West Virginia
6. Kansas State
7. Notre Dame
8. Oregon State
9. USC
10. LSU
11. Oklahoma
12. Georgia
13. Texas
14. FSU
15. Clemson

ND front 7 is Legit but...
what team that ND has played has a legit offense that didnt have a major deficiency
for example
texas Tech had some gaudy defensive numbers going into the Oklahoma game

Secondary is going to get lit up eventually. Corners (Russell in particular) doing an admirable job but no experience and not the most athletic pair at safety. If Slaughter hadn't gone down, I'd say they could manage but..

USCe and UF will be a slugfest. Hope we can try to block Clowney

When is LSU gonna change their offensive philosophy. They have squandered elite talents like Russell Sheppard and Reuben Randle Terrance Toliver too

When is LSU gonna change their offensive philosophy. They have squandered elite talents like Russell Sheppard and Reuben Randle Terrance Toliver too
when they get a good QB les trust?

If South Carolina plays D the way that they played against Georgia, Florida doesn't have a chance. LSU coudn't get nothing done on offense, once Florida scored the first TD it was a wrap. South Carolina's offense is productive. I see Florida going down to FSU as well.

Recap:
Iowa State 37- TCU 23 - Welcome to a big time conference TCU, and to no fault of theirs, Iowa State is no doormat. The suspension of Pachall didn't help at all, and it's piss poor timing for such irresponsibility. TCU will receive a lot of these lumps, there are no pushovers in conference play. Iowa State vs. Kansas State just got interesting, and it's my upset pick for next week. Playing in Ames is no joke, just ask Oklahoma State.

I think we finally beat K State.  Last 3 games have been decided by less than a touchdown each and they haven't been to Ames since '07.

How did I know the ol "welcome to a big time conference" would be thrown out.

2nd string rsfr QB making his fist start. 3rd and 4th string RB's because first and second string are hurt. 5 turnovers. Sooo frustrating.

TCU will only win 2 more games all season if they are lucky. Decision on Pachall will come down Tuesday. WVU will hang 70 on us.

2nd string rsfr QB making his fist start. 3rd and 4th string RB's because first and second string are hurt. 5 turnovers. Sooo frustrating.

TCU will only win 2 more games all season if they are lucky. Decision on Pachall will come down Tuesday. WVU will hang 70 on us.

Yall shouldn't have beat SMU with Paschall.

Will be interesting to see where Carolina is after this 4 game stretch. Not sure SC wants Shaw running the ball 15+ times, esp the LSU and UF lines. 

No more patsy's... Injuries and suspensions will be exposed in conference play. That was the gripe with the "mid majors" that rose to prominence this past decade: Boise State, Utah and TCU. Look at Utah, harder to get by when you have to worry about more than one big OOC game and maybe one conference game.

TCU could be looking down the barrel of a 7-5 season. So yeah, welcome to a big conference.

Back
Top Bottom