2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Notre Dame is never irrelevant.

"From 1994 to the 2006 football seasons, Notre Dame lost 9 consecutive bowl games, setting an NCAA record for consecutive bowl losses"

Oregon is good for college football. All the kids that won't make it in the NFL get a chance to shine in college.

In 2012, Notre Dame had 4 players drafted. So did Oregon.
In 2011, Notre Dame had 1 player drafted. So did Oregon.
In 2010, Notre Dame had 4 players drafted. Oregon had 3.
In 2009, Notre Dame had 1 player drafted. Oregon had 6.
In 2008, Notre Dame had 4 players drafted. Oregon had 3.

Last five years: Notre Dame - 14 players drafted. Oregon - 17 players drafted.

21 plays, 60 yards, 0 points.
:rofl:
Borges called a horrible game and now things go back to normal with Ohio State winning.
I been waiting ALL year for this.

Deserved. Enjoy having 15 less practices to figure out the interior D for next season.

That was the most dominate 6 point second half I've ever watched against Michigan. I'm gonna hate having another decade of losing to you guys.

SMH. Unbelievable post. Urban got to you too huh? We lost by 5 points in Cbus with no RB and some guys on the interior that have no business being there.

Browneyes ran 40 plays inside Michigan territory in the 2nd half and only managed 6 points... Its a shame the offense couldn't give them anything yesterday.... I like what Mattison is doing with that D... Not so much with Borges on the other side

Well said.

p.s. Anyone who knows anything about football realizes that Georgia is a better team than Alabama.

Ya'll Oregon dudes need to fall back.....Ya'll had your chance but **** the bed when it mattered
laugh.gif

I wasn't suggesting he should be given the award because of his situation. I was highlighting the fact that he transcends the sport. He is the epitome of what college athletes should strive to be and is on the best regular season team in the country; UNDISPUTED. The situation he went through just speaks to the kind of person he is and how he will represent the award. He's not Reggie Bush handing the trophy back a few years later.
:rofl: You know him personally? Because you speak like you do. Dude could be a complete lowlife. Wouldn't be the first time a media darling went down in flames.

Deserved. Enjoy having 15 less practices to figure out the interior D for next season.
SMH. Unbelievable post. Urban got to you too huh? We lost by 5 points in Cbus with no RB and some guys on the interior that have no business being there.
Well said.

Sarcasm man. We **** the bed on O the second half and all they could manage was 6 points.

Just act like your grandmother and gf suddenly dying 6 hours apart from each other on the same day wouldnt weigh on your mind. This is a college kid with the hopes of Notre Dame on his shoulders and then he goes through that.
I wasn't suggesting he should be given the award because of his situation. I was highlighting the fact that he transcends the sport. He is the epitome of what college athletes should strive to be and is on the best regular season team in the country; UNDISPUTED. The situation he went through just speaks to the kind of person he is and how he will represent the award. He's not Reggie Bush handing the trophy back a few years later.
Oregon is sitting at home quacking away their tears. They are probably dreaming up the next highlighter to use for their helmet color. Only team more overrated than the Ducks was K St and their even more cupcake schedule.

Bro just let that sob story go...this ain't ESPN we talking about football...Jarvis jones older brother was murdered..he's the only reason he plays football..do you hear a story about that ? No..minus those interceptions what else is the argument about him winning it ?

BAMA would have something to say about ND having the best defense. They give up 9.3 points per game.

My bad...but the Sugar Bowl would be pissed!!! Especially because we would be Co-Conference Champs. No one would really watch that game and there fan base doesn't compare to the likes of OU and the other Big Time Schools...not to mention another BCS bowl game would take a Big East team. Not jumping to conclusions because OU needs to win and going to the Cotton Bowl versus either LSU A&M would be fun.

its not like boise state cant travel, they have proven they bring a HUGE fan base with them. and it could be people are tired of watching a AVG OU team in a BCS bowl every year

FSU and USC e showed what avg SEC teams can do yesterday
nerd.gif

:lol: @ Collin Klein getting more votes than Johnny... His campaign when up in flames when he turned the ball over a thousand times against Baylor.

Manziel is the best player in the country this yer, hands down.. To hell with that nonsense about nobody knew him before Alabama.. That game alone is enough to make his Heisman case. Go watch the game and go watch what. He did against the best defense in the country on the road against undefeated Alabama...

There is no case to be made for Te'o over Manziel. None. Johnny should run away.

Bro just let that sob story go...this ain't ESPN we talking about football...Jarvis jones older brother was murdered..he's the only reason he plays football..do you hear a story about that ? No..minus those interceptions what else is the argument about him winning it ?

Jarvis was also diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and wouldn't be cleared to play football by USC. Now that is overcoming adversity if you ask me.

Notre Dame finished the season beating 9 bowl-eligible teams. By comparison, Alabama: 5. Georgia: 4

- Source: Stewart Mandel, Sports Illustrated

As someone that has been a long time fan of ND going back to 1986 when I was a kid I've realized that some people just love to hate on Notre Dame just because its Notre Dame and thats cool. But please don't sit here and try to defend your team by saying they played a stronger schedule than Notre Dame because they didn't.

Actually, us Ducks fans are fine. We've won a BCS bowl game recently and are on our way to another. Notre Dame has been irrelevant for damn near two decades. Two bowl wins since 1995 and you're in here spouting off?
Good luck. You better be praying that y'all win it all... because if you don't... :smile:

You won't hear me complain about an 11-1 season. Why? Unlike all too many Ducks fans as of the last several years this is what I started with as a Ducks fan:

1989: 8-4 Won Bowl Game
1990: 8-4 Lost Bowl Game
1991: 3-8 No Bowl Game
1992: 6-6 Lost Bowl Game
1993: 5-6 No Bowl Game
1994: 9-4 Lost Rose Bowl :frown:

Yeah, no complaints about an 11-1 season with a good chance of a BCS bowl bid.

As someone that has been a long time fan of ND going back to 1986 when I was a kid I've realized that some people just love to hate on Notre Dame just because its Notre Dame and thats cool. But please don't sit here and try to defend your team by saying they played a stronger schedule than Notre Dame because they didn't.
So now ND played the toughest schedule in the country?

damn NC state fired its HC, another fan base that thinks they should be great.

NC state

Cal

tennesse

Auburn

UK

arkansas

all open now.

The point is, it's not like Notre Dame played a Kansas State or Oregon type schedule. The only teams that have a dog in the toughest schedule fight are maybe the SEC teams. And the guy just pointed out that on average, Notre Dame has played consistently tougher opponents.

Now, I won't sit here and say it is cut and dry. It's an argument over playing 2 or 3 or 4 really really really tough games and 8 cupcake teams vs. playing 2 or 3 tough teams and the rest mostly bowl eligible.

But Oregon? You can argue they played one defense that is even worth a damn and they put up 14 points and lost. In the end, you play to win the game and, in my opinion, the two best teams in the country will play for the National Championship.

The best team from the SEC as evident of them winning the conference championship and the only eligible undefeated team in the country in Notre Dame.

Back
Top Bottom