2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — TO MOVE AT 3PM

The 2012 all-Atlantic Coast Conference football team, as determined by a vote of 46 members of the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association, with voting results in parenthesis. A first-team vote is worth two points and second-team vote is worth one.

FIRST TEAM

Offense

QB_Tajh Boyd, Clemson (86)

RB_Gio Bernard, North Carolina (91)

RB_Andre Ellington, Clemson (77)

WR_DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson (80)

WR_Alex Amidon, Boston College (53)

OT_Oday Aboushi, Virginia (53)

OT_Brandon Thomas, Clemson (51)

OG_Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina (79)

OG_Omoregie Uzzi, Georgia Tech (64)

C_Dalton Freeman, Clemson (78)

TE_Brandon Ford, Clemson (54)

K_Dustin Hopkins, Florida State (79)

Spec.— Gio Bernard, North Carolina (48)

Defense

DE_Bjoern Werner, Florida State (89)

DE_Cornellius Carradine, Florida State (77)

DT_Joe Vellano, Maryland (80)

DT_Sylvester Williams, North Carolina (63)

LB_Nick Clancy, Boston College (66)

LB_Kevin Reddick, North Carolina (65)

LB_Steve Greer, Virginia (58)

CB_Xavier Rhodes, Florida State (66)

CB_Ross Cockrell, Duke (50)

S_Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State (59)

S_Earl Wolff, NC State (46)

P_Will Monday, Duke (73)

___

SECOND TEAM

Offense

QB_EJ Manuel, Florida State (25)

RB_Duke Johnson, Miami (47)

RB_Chris Thompson, Florida State (31)

WR_Conner Vernon, Duke (51)

WR_Michael Campanaro, Wake Forest (32)

OT_James Hurst, North Carolina (50)

TIE OT_Cameron Erving, Florida State (21)

TIE OT_Emmett Cleary, Boston College (21)

OG_Tre' Jackson, Florida State (26)

OG_R.J. Matttes, NC State (24)

C— Bryan Stork, Florida State (19)

TE_Eric Ebron, North Carolina (51)

TIE K_Chandler Catanzaro, Clemson (22)

TIE K_Casey Barth, North Carolina (22)

Spec._Duke Johnson, Miami (44)

Defense

DE_James Gayle, Virginia Tech (30)

DE_Kareem Martin, North Carolina (22)

DT_Everett Dawkins, Florida State (34)

DT_Nikita Whitlock, Wake Forest (24)

LB_Demetrius Hartsfield, Maryland (34)

LB_Christian Jones, Florida State (31)

LB_Jack Tyler Virginia Tech (28)

CB_David Amerson, NC State (46)

CB_Antone Exum, Virginia Tech (44)

S_Rashard Hall, Clemson (43)

S— Walt Canty, Duke (31)

P_Tommy Hibbard, North Carolina (40)

no miami player on the ACC first team but we gave up our championship spot......OK and only 1 on the 2nd team....
mean.gif

oh well...at least our youngins got a decent year under their belts...can only get better from here

D. Thomas didn't make 1st or 2nd team? I know he's a rb/wr hybrid but danm...

no miami player on the ACC first team but we gave up our championship spot......OK and only 1 on the 2nd team....:smh:

oh well...at least our youngins got a decent year under their belts...can only get better from here

You see the quotes from Morris? No players will leave, all will come back? I find that hard to believe, but I hope he ain't lyin. It'd be nice ot have all those sophs and Juniors back and have a senior QB not named Jacory out there. :lol:

If Kent State wins, they'll most likely get a BCS bowl bid. That could knock one of the Big XII teams out (K-State or OU). I hope it happens that way so we can see UF vs Oregon.

Sugar would take the Big East representative. Orange would take Kent State in this case verse FSU and would have the worst ratings of all time. Would lose tons of money.

Need either NIU, UCLA, Texas or Rutgers to win big to jump Kent State (they lost to UK by 33). UCLA is up ahead on Kent State big, so they may not even jump them regardless of a UCLA loss. Also heard that poll voters may move down Kent State regardless. OU still needs to win though. Would be a joke if they get passed up just more &*^(ing on the BCS.

Realistically if OU goes to the Sugar Bowl, the Orange Bowl and Cotton Bowl would be biggest winners. Cotton wants A&M - Tex (would have to pass up on OSU don't kno if that could happen) badly but rumors are Tex wouldn't accept to play them and would decline.

Last edited:
The fact that it's possible that a 5 loss Wisconsin team and a Big East squad is even in the BCS is deplorable. LSU and A&M both should get BCS bids.

They need to get this fixed ASAP before all of these games lose a lot of money. Low gate sales and low ratings.

This. So ******g dumb man. Just imagine Syracuse or Rutgers in a BCS game :x
`

You also forgot about Kent State. Syracuse could shadily be competitive against an ACC team LOL.

Last edited:
If Kent State wins, they'll most likely get a BCS bowl bid. That could knock one of the Big XII teams out (K-State or OU). I hope it happens that way so we can see UF vs Oregon.

Sugar would take the Big East representative. Orange would take Kent State in this case verse FSU and would have the worst ratings of all time. Would lose tons of money.

Need either NIU, UCLA, Texas or Rutgers to win big to jump Kent State (they lost to UK by 33). UCLA is up ahead on Kent State big, so they may not even jump them regardless of a UCLA loss. Also heard that poll voters may move down Kent State regardless. OU still needs to win though. Would be a joke if they get passed up just more &*^(ing on the BCS.

Realistically if OU goes to the Sugar Bowl, the Orange Bowl and Cotton Bowl would be biggest winners. Cotton wants A&M - Tex (would have to pass up on OSU don't kno if that could happen) badly but rumors are Tex wouldn't accept to play them and would decline.

Manziel would embarrass that Texas defense

Last edited:
******g great. UVa and UNC are apparently on the way to the B1G. Shoot me now.
now why would the big10 want UVA over Vtech if they want that market? both schools to the big10 just came out of know where. im pretty sure UNC wont go anywhere till they see who the ACC gets to replace maryland and if FSU makes a move

Bill O'Brien would have all the right in the world to jump to another job. i see people already starting to bash him since his name is getting throwing around

now why would the big10 want UVA over Vtech if they want that market? both schools to the big10 just came out of know where. im pretty sure UNC wont go anywhere till they see who the ACC gets to replace maryland and if FSU makes a move

Bill O'Brien would have all the right in the world to jump to another job. i see people already starting to bash him since his name is getting throwing around
VT isn't an AAU institution. UNC and UVa both are, and are two of the top three public institutions in the country. Academics "matter" even if they don't matter.

VT outside of their football program is not an attractive add. And while football dominates the reasons for realignment, it is far from the only factor.

Academics mean NOTHING
VT outside of their football program is not an attractive add. And while football dominates the reasons for realignment, it is far from the only factor.
football and TV markets are the only reason for all this

Last edited:
:lol: at the Big Ten coaches leaving Braxton and Shazier off the first team. What a joke.

Yeah... Tons of head scratchers on that list... Roby 2nd team behind Adams and Dennard of Sparty is laughable as well.. Omameh on 1st team and Kovacs on 2nd team is a joke... Same with Ryan being left off both teams... Media picks are much closer to what really showed on the field... Omameh as 1st team made me LOL... He was so bad this entire year... Norwell was much better

Academics do matter, Kinda the reason the SEC needs Vandy still lol. B1G bout to run the elite public schools. Umich Illinois, uva, wisconsin, and unc all ranked in the top 15 public schools in US :pimp:

ND giving the best CFB ratings in a long time too, wooooo

VT isn't an AAU institution. UNC and UVa both are, and are two of the top three public institutions in the country. Academics "matter" even if they don't matter.

Yea UVA seems to be a better fit for the BIG than we are for the reasons you mentioned, though I wouldn't go so far as to say we aren't "an attractive add."

I think it would be more exciting to be in the SEC as far as the schedule goes but we'd have a better chance of succeeding in the BIG. We just went 6-6 in the ACC for goodness' sake. :lol: Have been reading the past day or two that we have been talking to both the BIG and SEC pretty seriously. This is from a couple different very reliable guys; one who has a lot of connections to the BIG and Big XII and knew of a lot of conference expansion stuff last year before/as it happened. The other people are connected to the program/administration and for the past couple years just gave token answers and kinda denied anything was really happening on that front. They're saying now for the first time they are hearing of a lot of heavy discussions/negotiations and there will likely be some meetings with conference officials in Blacksburg in the coming days/weeks.

Will be an interesting dynamic if we join the SEC; I feel our ceiling there is probably something similar to Miss St. There will be a lot more fun games to go to but no more deluding ourselves into thinking we're a top 5-10 team :lol:

Back
Top Bottom