2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

no miami player on the ACC first team but we gave up our championship spot......OK and only 1 on the 2nd team....:smh:

oh well...at least our youngins got a decent year under their belts...can only get better from here

Stephen Morris was more deserving of that 2nd team selection than EJ. But yea, our young guys should definitely come back stronger and a hell of a lot more experienced after this season, especially on defense. I'm just hopin D'onofrio is the right guy at DC. He sure as hell ain't lookin like it, but golden will give him atleast another season

Never realized it until I saw those Pac XII lists, but man that conference was stacked with quality RB this season. Sankey couldn't even get on the team

Some "insider" on Michigan's scout board said that the B1G is going after OU and FSU....yea, THAT OU and FSU. The B1G wants UNC but they don't think they'd separate from Duke and Duke isn''t going anywhere so they'd go after OU and FSU. Then followed it by it's more likely the Big XII would expand taking FSU and Miami.

Some "insider" on Michigan's scout board said that the B1G is going after OU and FSU....yea, THAT OU and FSU. The B1G wants UNC but they don't think they'd separate from Duke and Duke isn''t going anywhere so they'd go after OU and FSU. Then followed it by it's more likely the Big XII would expand taking FSU and Miami.
It's not UNC and Duke that are joined at the hip. It's UVa and UNC. Just watch.

Tulane to the Big East. Conference at 1 PM.

The new Conference USA. TV markets and academics do matter. New Orleans and 51 in the nation according to US News respectively.

Strong rumors that the ACC will add UCONN, Louisville and Cincy next. Butch Jones has been asking recruits "How would you like to play in the ACC?" as well.

Tulane to the Big East. Conference at 1 PM.

The new Conference USA. TV markets and academics do matter. New Orleans and 51 in the nation according to US News respectively.
With the addition of Tulane, the Big East should definitely be able to keep their AQ.

:rolleyes

Strong rumors that the ACC will add UCONN, Louisville and Cincy next. Butch Jones has been asking recruits "How would you like to play in the ACC?" as well.

If FSU & Miami stay in the ACC they would be running the table along with Clemson year in and out

Who knew that ND going to the natty championship game would bastardize the whole thread :lol: :lol:

FSU DC Mark Stoops likely gonna end up @ Kentucky, me thinks. Framework for a deal is out there

Last edited:
One down, now let's get this show on the road Jeff Long. :D

I'm hearing Lombardi or Walsh for the Razorbacks. You hearing the same?

Duke Johnson named ACC Rookie of the year and ACC Offensive rookie of the year. Ronald Darby named ACC Defensive rookie of the year.

Darby named ACC rookie of the year

GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP & ACSMA) -- Miami running back Duke Johnson and Florida State cornerback Ronald Darby have been honored as the best rookies in the Atlantic Coast Conference in 2012 the league announced Tuesday.

Johnson also was named the overall and offensive rookie of the year following a vote of 46 members of the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association while Florida State cornerback Ronald Darby won the defensive rookie of the year.

Johnson became the first Miami player to win the rookie award following a breakout season in which he broke Clinton Portis' 13-year-old school rushing record for freshmen, ending the year with 947 yards.

He also led the ACC by averaging 33 yards per kickoff return, and his 2,070 all-purpose yards are the most by a Hurricanes freshman and second only to Willis McGahee's 2,108 in school history.

The Hurricanes finished 7-5, were 5-3 in the league to share the Coastal Division title, but a self-imposed postseason ban sends Georgia Tech to the ACC championship game this weekend in Charlotte.

"It means a lot being the first in Miami history to win this award," Johnson said. "And it means so much to me and the team because I couldn't do it without my teammates. And this is just another way to make my mom proud and show how I really appreciate the sacrifices she made for me when I was younger."

Voting results for the 2012 Atlantic Coast Conference rookie of the year awards, as determined by a vote of 46 members of the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Duke Johnson, rb, Miami (34)
Stefon Diggs, wr, Maryland (11)
Vad Lee, qb, Georgia Tech (1)

OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Duke Johnson, rb, Miami (35)
Stefon Diggs, wr, Maryland (10)
Vad Lee, qb, Georgia Tech (1)

DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Ronald Darby, cb, Florida State (14)
Deon Bush, s, Miami (9)
Jabari Hunt-Days, lb, Georgia Tech (8)
Eli Harold, de, Virginia (5)
Michael Cole, safety, Virginia Tech (4)
Maurice Canady, cb, Virginia (4)
Dwayne Norman, s, Duke (2)

Last edited:
what a huge hire by UK and nice job throwing that big money around
laugh.gif

what a huge hire by UK and nice job throwing that big money around:lol:
lol, i'm good with it... recruiting ties to ohio is big for us. they reached out to big names with money in hand and that's all you can do. it's a **** job currently and historically... gotta do what you gotta do.

After his bizarre and emotional press conference, Jon Embree is now claiming that he got no institutional support from the Colorado AD...

* He says that he had to provide bottled water to the coaches daily, that the university would be not pay for it.

*Regarding CU facilities: "We didn't even have enough chairs for our OLine to watch tape, we asked, finally got them Week 9"

*A choked-up Embree suggested that the only way he could have turned around the flailing Buffs program was to take shortcuts in the classroom and on the recruiting trail.

*When a Denver radio station asked "knowing what you know now would you have taken this job two years ago?" Embree said "No".

*Asked if the next coach can win in Boulder, Embree retorted, "How long does he have?"
"athletic director Mike Bohn and chancellor Phil DiStefano struggled to articulate not only their reasons for firing Embree but also why anyone would want to replace him.

The latter part is the biggest issue going forward. Colorado will be hard-pressed to lure a top candidate to Boulder, and not only because of its quick trigger here. Colorado lags behind other Pac-12 teams in terms of facilities and has limits on multi-year contracts for assistant coaches due to state law. Further, Embree was the conference's lowest paid coach by a wide margin, his $725,000 being pretty much less than half of what every other coach in the conference was making annually.

And it was less than a third of what the top coaches were making.

Further, Bohn, aggressively cross examined by reporters, struggled to avoid making the job sound like an uninviting one.

"We've had headwinds with this program for quite some time, and we continue to have them," Bohn said. "
Jon Embree main point was that Afircan american HC dont get a 2nd chance

since 1979 there has been 49 black HC in D1. only 1 has got a 2nd HC job and that was Ty.

out of over 300 D1 jobs its 17 black HC

Stephen A smith bring up a great point on First take this morning

100% of conference commish are white

98% of college presidents are white

88% of college AD's are white

he said leadership is the problem

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom