2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Does anyone else hate that sophomores are starting to get so heavily recruited and committing so early?

Attended the O&W game and all I can say about the Vols offense is :smh: :rolleyes Jason Croom did not play but I am firm in saying that its looking like neither Worley or Peterman are the answer. Riley Ferguson/Josh Dobbs please be a Godseand. PLEASE. Marquez North, Paul Harris, and any other WR has a chance to start when they arrive on campus.

Defense looked good but that was against our horrible O. B.Randolph and L.McNeil are great safeties but our corners are still :x Justin Coleman is still awful, Riyahd Jones is nothing special. Any CB coming in this summer has a chance to start. LBs are gonna be fine. D-Lne actually looked semi-hungry for the first time ever so that was good but mannnnnnn its gon be another long season on Rocky Top.

To think that I could have stayed home and went to Michigan/Mich State but thought it would be dope at an SEC school :smh: THE PAINNNNNNN but GO VOLS

Thomas finished 16 of 29 for 214 yds and 3 INTs. No TDs. Thomas said critics will say he played poorly, but felt he hit most of his "spots."

I See Logan Thomas is picking up where he left off from...and he had two pick 6's

DOPE

all matte everything. simple sick lids.

Hugh Freeze
‏@CoachHughFreeze
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. -unknown. Do not lose hope on your dream and Never Give Up. #wintheday

Win the day? Really?
Get your own material :smh:

Kevin Mouhon seems like he'll be a Vol sooner or later. His brother plays for Cincy and was recruited by CBJ.

Last edited:
Yup he will be . JCroom is his ABC too.

Orlando Brown coming aboard too.

very impressive early work by Butch Thigpen and nem

PASADENA, Calif. -- The Atlantic Coast Conference presidents approved Monday a grant of media rights for the league through 2026-27, effectively halting the exodus of any schools to other conferences.

The move solidifies the future of the ACC, which had several teams that had been speculated as targets of the Big Ten.

The ACC's grant of rights makes it untenable financially for a school to leave, guaranteeing in the 14 years of the deal that a school's media rights, including revenue, for all home games would remain with the ACC regardless of the school's affiliation.
this is pretty huge news today.

Had a little convo with some Ole Miss guy on Twitter after I tweeted something about how Hugh Freeze ripped off Chip Kelly/Oregon:
Him: listen morman! Stop being bitter and shut up! #WinTheDay (I'm LDS, not "morman"...but I digress)

Me: Right... Keep up that originality. Enjoy that mediocrity in Oxford.

Him: that's right top 5 in the country in recruiting is mediocrity!!!

Me: 5 winning seasons since 2012, last conference title: 1963, BCS Berths: 0. That is definitely mediocrity. Good for you though (accidentally put 2012 instead of 2002 which I later correct)

Him: 5 since a year ago!.... Go to college you damn Yankee!

Me: My bad. Five winning seasons between 2002 and 2012. Ole Miss is so elite, it's beyond my understanding.

Him: you said elite not me !!!

Me: Okay, if Ole Miss football isn't mediocre, what is it? Please, I'd love to know.

Him: ill take middle of the pack in the best division in the best conference in America!
This is what "conference pride" has done to people.

:smh: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand conference pride. I want my team and my team only to win. I know enough to know that sparty and ohio aren't rooting for us.

Conference pride only really makes sense for the smaller conferences that used to litter the country. Now, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom