2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

Raps can't find a spot for Calderon? Mitch's cell die? Make the call bruh, reach out and touch somebody.

Who would we trade?

We'd have to find $10 mil of salary (without including Earl Clark)

And who is the player going to the Grizz? Amir?

All I know is I want some blockbusters.
What about this:Dwight Howard and a throw in for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton.

I wish heads wanted to sign in Boston. :smh: :smh:

Possibly make a move for Dwight and re-sign him.

Rondo to Dwight for the next several years

:smh: :frown:

A stroll through memory lane:

^ Nash on the Lakers? You trying to give CP a heart attack?
laugh.gif

*Bookmarks thread*

God damn it.
mean.gif

laugh.gif
Yo.
laugh.gif

I don't think any big trades go down this year.

I feel like many haven't watched the Bucks this year. The reason I've been saying BJ and Monta have started to gel so good is because they're both distributing the ball very well, especially with each other.. One or the other if not both are getting double digit assists every night.

Well, I looked it up since that sounded completely asinine, no disrespect.

In only 7 of 42 games that the Bucks have played this season has either of the two recorded double-digit assists.

Have you been watching?...

I never went and actually looked, obviously...Was it an exaggeration? Ya, but it did seem to me it would have been more than that. So hey I'm wrong in regards to that. But I'm not wrong with what I'm trying to say.

Now that I went and looked at stats for myself I found that as a backcourt they are 8th in the entire league with 45 ppg and are 5th in assists with 15 a game. Maybe my short term memory was effecting how many times I thought one or the other was putting up double digit assists this year because in the last 10 games they're 2nd in the entire league in assists with 17 a game. These last 10 games have been with our new catch and like I said they've picked it up big time since he came in.

Stats aside if you've watched the Bucks frequently this year you would know that BJ and Monta aren't ball hogs. Not only are they capable of facilitating but they are good at it. If you do wanna look at stats then they prove it as well even if I was exaggerating by them getting double digits every night.

But yeah I've been watching. For as much hate as the Bucks get on here because its the NBA and they're " the bucks" I don't expect many to be frequently watching them so I don't expect many to know this. No one said it would work, but it is. Hopefully they show up and show everyone in the playoffs on national television.

Last edited:
Sorry for bringing up a team other than your sorry *** Lakers who won't even make the playoffs. I forgot I was I was on NT. I also forgot we're talking about the NBA in which only 3 teams per conference are relevant enough to be discussed. Is 2.5 games out of first in the division not relevant enough for you? Is 5 games out of first in the entire conference not relevant enough?

Is having 2 talented players on contract years who have been in trade discussions all year not relevant enough for you in the NBA Trade Deadline Thread? Shut yo *** up.

Straight ether'd this man :smh:
:lol:

:rofl: at jay

How in the hell did I miss that?!

Zyzz, I just don't see no deal being reached. The front office seems a lot smarter and patient than I thought. It was pretty smart of them to get under the tax trading a few role players and giving them to time to see what other deals would be out there once under the tax. I believe that any deal (the ones I've heard) would be available in the summer time, if needed.

A few days ago with the way Rudy was playing and the rumors still coming, I thought the front office was ready to pull the trigger. They still may very well do it, but they want to win whatever trade they make. I don't see them winning too many deals out there at this point.

Grizzlies, Raptors looking for third team to facilitate Rudy Gay trade

The final hurdle for the salary dump of Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors hinges on finding a third team to absorb the expiring contract of Raptors guard Jose Calderon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Grizzlies have inquired with multiple teams over the past several days, searching for a willing partner to facilitate a three-team deal, sources said.
Despite organizational proclamations to the contrary, new Memphis ownership and management is determined to unload Gay and the $37 million owed him as soon as possible, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Calderon has a $10.5 million expiring contract.

"With so many quality point guards, they're struggling to find a spot for Calderon," one league general manager told Yahoo! Sports.

Preferably, the Grizzlies want a less expensive small forward to plug into the lineup for Gay, sources said. Memphis has been relentless in shopping Gay over the past several weeks.

In a proposed deal, Memphis would likely receive another young Raptors player and a future draft pick, sources said. The Grizzlies have unsuccessfully tried to pry Raptors rookie Terrence Ross as part of the deal, sources said. Toronto has deemed Ross untouchable in these talks.

Recently, the Grizzlies' front office dumped three contracts and a first-round pick – including Mareese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Shelby – onto the Cleveland Cavaliers to get under the luxury-tax threshold.

At 29-15, the Grizzlies are currently the fourth seed in the Western Conference playoff race. Beyond Gay, the Grizzlies have nearly $65 million in contracts locked into forward Zach Randolph and center Marc Gasol through the 2014-15 season. They are determined to lessen luxury-tax implications of holding onto three significant contracts.
Link

could a jazz, toronto, memphis trade work?

i just want to see calderon go to a team where he get minutes haha. Utah seem like the only place that doesnt have a true point guard. Almost every other team have legitimate pg.

Paul Pierce and KG are going to retire in Boston. If anything Danny Ainge will move JET, Courtney, Leandro, Chris Wilcox, Jason Collins, or Brandon Bass. Ainge is going to rebuild for what?! Rondo is gonna be ready by training camp. Yeah the vets will be a year older but the role players will be use to the system offensively and defensively. Y'all reaching.

I would love the bulls to sacrifice a bit on D and get Pierce w/o trading anyone of significance.

Nate, Rip filler and the Charlotte pick for Pierce.

Lakers are winning @ the wrong time for them to blow things up. Unless they lose to Phoenix and start another slide here they wont be shipping Dwight or anyone anywhere except Pau. Pau is there only chip they have to get something back thet will really help them. And since Pringles has successfully turned him into a bench player hes not very happy either, so I see him as being the only moveable part the Lakers will be willing to let go.

Hes still a good player so they should be able to get something back for him. But this little win streak is going to give Lakers management/fans a little bit of false confidence. And I cant see them pulling the trigger on a trade in the middle of their best stretch of the season even though they will still more than likely fall short of the playoffs anyways, baring a complete collapse from some1 already in the playoffs and they have to keep playing as good as they have this last week.

All I know is I want some blockbusters.
What about this:Dwight Howard and a throw in for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton.

:stoneface:

I didnt even want to acknowledge that garbage.

Last edited:
Raptors mad :lol:

They leaked all of that info to Woj. How do you go from Calderon and Ed Davis to now saying Calderon and a pick with Calderon going to the 3rd team? The reason why no teams want Calderon is because Toronto wants that 3rd team to give up all their pieces to us. One of the main pieces Memphis want from them is Ross, so I don't see a deal happening unless they get him.

Also, why are they trying to play hard ball with Ross when they just extended Derozan and want Gay? What are they going to do with Derozan, Gay AND Ross?

I don't mind Davis as the long term fix at PF whenever they decide to move ZBO. But, Ross is the key in that deal.

Last edited:
I would love the bulls to sacrifice a bit on D and get Pierce w/o trading anyone of significance.

That would actually be a pretty good deal for the bulls... Nate has played well but he replaceable... & as far as charlottes pick IDK is the pick protected?

Colangelo would be a fool to give up Davis, but he's already a fool for trying to acquire Rudy Gay. I hate how this bottom barrel teams never have any direction. What the hell are you trying to get Rudy Gay for when you just signed Derozan to an extension? I hope that Stern doesn't let Wiggins go to Toronto. 
mean.gif

Paul Pierce and KG are going to retire in Boston. If anything Danny Ainge will move JET, Courtney, Leandro, Chris Wilcox, Jason Collins, or Brandon Bass. Ainge is going to rebuild for what?! Rondo is gonna be ready by training camp. Yeah the vets will be a year older but the role players will be use to the system offensively and defensively. Y'all reaching.

You keep on believing that they won't move KG or PP if they get the right offer if you want to...the NBA is a business before it's anything else.

That would actually be a pretty good deal for the bulls... Nate has played well but he replaceable... & as far as charlottes pick IDK is the pick protected?
Not enough money going out. The Bulls would have to send out Deng to make the figures work.

But let's face it, Reinsdorf isn't willing to spend the money anyways.

Last edited:
Chris Vernon who is the radio talk show host in Memphis had Stein on the show today and this what was said...

Stein pretty much told Vernon that the Grizzlies NEED draft picks. Believes a 3rd or 4th has to be involved. Also said that there is "no shortage of teams" that want Calderon. Stein doesn't think the Grizz want this to linger and expects either a deal within the next week or the Grizz pulling him off the market. Stein's best guess is that the Grizz do move Rudy and says the Grizz have "gone too far" in talks to pull back now.

So, I'm thinking Memphis wants a young promising player from Toronto (Ross or Davis), draft picks and a starting quality SF.

You keep on believing that they won't move KG or PP if they get the right offer if you want to...the NBA is a business before it's anything else.

danny ainge has been on record that he isnt gonna let the C's go down the same path after bird/mchale/parish era, where they held on to the vets too long. i still think they would have to get a GREAT deal for pp and kg. is there a market for a struggling jet, and guys like courtney lee, barbosa, etc? i can see them moving avery bradley if that meant dumping some of those guys.
i do think they (pp and kg) will remain in a C uniform. what is the demand for kg and pp? i hear memphis is interested in pp. but has there been ANY rumors on kg?

Last edited:
Wonder what the market will be for him. He could cause some real damage if the right team lands him.

Would the Jazz swing for him? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom