2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

I could definitely see the Sixers and Hawks looking into a Thad Young + expiring contract (Dorrell Wright) and a pick for Josh Smith. Thad's from Atlanta too. Josh Smith x Bynum would be the YOLOest frontcourt of all-time. And then you have Nick Young still there too....god knows what would happen but that would be interesting.

I could definitely see the Sixers and Hawks looking into a Thad Young + expiring contract (Dorrell Wright) and a pick for Josh Smith. Thad's from Atlanta too. Josh Smith x Bynum would be the YOLOest frontcourt of all-time. And then you have Nick Young still there too....god knows what would happen but that would be interesting.

Healthy Bynum + Josh Smith + Jrue would be sick

Amare, Copeland, and James White for J Smooth and throw ins. Make it happen Grunwald.

But dont give Smith the Max contract he wants next year. Hes not worth that. Id just be happy to get away from Amare's contract at this point and Smith would be a nice addition since hes everything Amare is plus he plays defense.

Last edited:
Amare, Copeland, and James White for J Smooth and throw ins. Make it happen Grunwald.

But dont give Smith the Max contract he wants next year. Hes not worth that. Id just be happy to get away from Amare's contract at this point and Smith would be a nice addition since hes everything Amare is plus he plays defense.

Why would Atlanta do this? No one in their right mind is taking on Amare and his AWFUL, uninsured contract.

Just for fun:

View media item 243354
Hawks: Remain competitive while keeping their cap clean for this summer.
Mavs: Improve while keeping their cap clean for this summer.
Grizzlies: Acquire a starting SF and young prospect while reducing payroll.
Raptors: Continue on a downward spiral for some inexplicable reason.

It is still amazing that some of my fellow Knick fans can't grasp the idea the he is unmoveable. Like Amar'e will be a Knick for the following two years after this. He is here to stay, we are just going to have to make the best out of it.

A guy can dream cant he?

But in all seriousness hes played well since hes been back and Copeland is young and does work when he gets in the game. Its atleast somewhat enticing. But I agree it would be a miracle if the Knicks could pull that one off. But im not sure what the market is for a guy whos contract expires at the end of the season and is looking for a Max deal next season. The Knicks could def afford to rent him if it means getting rid of Amare's contract.

Not likely. But it could happen.

It is still amazing that some of my fellow Knick fans can't grasp the idea the he is unmoveable. Like Amar'e will be a Knick for the following two years after this. He is here to stay, we are just going to have to make the best out of it.

Lotta people do that tho, not just Knick fans. They hear the name, think there's still something there, etc.

Play wise, he could get dealt. Contract wise, no way in hell. So yeah, at least 2 more years they have to hold that contract.

Yeah, Knicks fans cant grasp that he's not getting traded, because we want him traded that badly. At least I do anyways :smh:

He's been playing decent of late though in his limited minutes. Don't know what to make of that,.

2ihuliq.png

You keep on believing that they won't move KG or PP if they get the right offer if you want to...the NBA is a business before it's anything else.

danny ainge has been on record that he isnt gonna let the C's go down the same path after bird/mchale/parish era, where they held on to the vets too long. i still think they would have to get a GREAT deal for pp and kg. is there a market for a struggling jet, and guys like courtney lee, barbosa, etc? i can see them moving avery bradley if that meant dumping some of those guys.
i do think they (pp and kg) will remain in a C uniform. what is the demand for kg and pp? i hear memphis is interested in pp. but has there been ANY rumors on kg?

Good points fellas but is Paul Pierce not what Kobe is to LA? What Dirk is to Dallas? Cornerstones people!

If the Hawks don't want to pay for Josh Smith why would they want to pay for Amare? No chance

The fact that Josh Smith wants a max contract is crazy, whatever team is going to trade for him to sign is making a big fiscal mistake.

I think Danny Ainge is probably is full of **** when he talks about what Red 'should' have done. One thing to be removed from the situation and say, yeah I'd blow it up if we didn't have a serious shot at a title. Another thing to actually be in that position - rebuilding is not any fun in the NBA.

Rose is healthy last year - they're out in Rnd 2. Or, Bosh is healthy last year - that's another 5 game series and he could have moved on. Instead they go to 7 and gets caught up in it and they dump 35 million a year over the next few to KG, Terry, Bass, Lee, and Green.

Maybe the Rondo injury sends him that way but all I hear now is 'we can still do this' - from fans and Doc (who before Sunday hated his team..?).

Immediately after the injury news I thought for sure KG and Paul were goners no matter what. Now, I'm not so sure. They stay if they play well the next 2 weeks, definitely.

Last edited:
the raptors are dumb... what is the point of that trade? i know rudy is better than dorozan but the point is they already got a 2 guard

Back
Top Bottom