2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What up Lakers fans!

Quick question.. will be down that way in a few weeks and plan on catching
my Grizzlies play on the 26th, first time at Staples Center... is the
"Premier" seating good?

See some tickets on stubhub in Premier, row 7 for like 90 bucks.

let me know, thx!

Premier level section seats are more for the upscale crowd. They have a separate VIP entrance when you get to Staples.

The view is alright. But everything on those sections: food and other stuff is more expensive.

I looked at stubhub for that game on 11-26 and honestly your better off paying a little more for the sections behind the basket. Sections: 107,106, 115 or 116.

What up Lakers fans!

Quick question.. will be down that way in a few weeks and plan on catching
my Grizzlies play on the 26th, first time at Staples Center... is the
"Premier" seating good?

See some tickets on stubhub in Premier, row 7 for like 90 bucks.

let me know, thx!

Premier level section seats are more for the upscale crowd. They have a separate VIP entrance when you get to Staples.

The view is alright. But everything on those sections: food and other stuff is more expensive.

I looked at stubhub for that game on 11-26 and honestly your better off paying a little more for the sections behind the basket. Sections: 107,106, 115 or 116.

The Premier sections all have a great mid-level centered view, behind the basket seats are the worst in my opinion. Like MR J said, the Premier section have a separate entrance, shorter lines and nicer bathrooms, also shorter lines for concessions, bars, etc. I've been to countless games and would definitely recommend the Premier section seating

Originally Posted by sea manup  
When's the last time a top tier pass first pg won anything of value?
Nash, WCF + MVPs?

Stockton, back to back Finals?

Why? Is that in defense of Kyrie?

Because while you're drumming up something to discredit both of those answers, let me know when was the last time a top tier shoot first PG accomplished anything significant.
my personal opinion is that the PG is the least important position in basketball. i would take a kobe/jordan/wade/tmac type player bringing the ball up running the offence over a pass first pg any day of the week

kyrie is far from being a top tier anything

you need your best player to be a scorer to win (of course this doesnt mean taking 37 shots on a good team), its why kobe has 5, shaq has 4, jordan has 6, bron has 2

averaging 10 assists per game gets you nash (0 championships), stockton (0 championships), kidd (needed to ride the dirk bus just to get one after he was washed up), chris paul (cant even get past the second round)

even the spurs have a PG who's main focus is to score

you can bring up all the "shoot first ball hogs" you want, i can match you player by player with a just as unsuccessful pass first guy who "plays basketball the right way"

but when talking about guys like kobe, you bring up nash and stockton as an example of success? 
roll.gif

Kobe went to 7 Finals in 11 seasons.

Stock, Kidd, Nash went to 5 total in about 50 combined seasons. And the only win was like 38 year old Kidd playin 30 minutes a night if that.

Not sure pass first PG is the way to go. Like manup said, throw CP3 in that mix, you get another 10 years, but nary a Finals run.

if you want to get into this kobe should play more like lebron business

kobe's playoff assists per game 2010: 5.5

lebron's playoff assists per game 2012: 5.6

when he has a contending team around him kobe does just as much as lebron to get his teammates involved and is equally as successful (two championships) 

I don't get what Ska wants from Kobe.

Him playing an entirely different way would not have brought us anymore success.

As for Rondo.. I'm meh on him unless they somehow bring in Gasol as well. Rondo alone... Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh no thank you. Rondo - Kobe - ?? - Randle - Top 5 isn't much better... Rondo - Kobe - ?? - Randle - Gasol and Top 5 off the bench is talking, and is talking to 2016 as well.

Last edited:

Him playing an entirely different way would not have brought us anymore success.

As for Rondo.. I'm meh on him unless they somehow bring in Gasol as well. Rondo alone... Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh no thank you. Rondo - Kobe - ?? - Randle - Top 5 isn't much better... Rondo - Kobe - ?? - Randle - Gasol and Top 5 off the bench is talking, and is talking to 2016 as well.
Adding Rondo alone is much better. Takes pressure off of Kobe. But adding Gasol would of course be much much better than  just adding Rondo

Rondo

Kobe

Randle

Draft Pick

Free Agent

That's a good start

Last edited:
[quote name="sea manup"]When's the last time a top tier pass first pg won anything of value?
Nash, WCF + MVPs?

Stockton, back to back Finals?

Why? Is that in defense of Kyrie?

Because while you're drumming up something to discredit both of those answers, let me know when was the last time a top tier shoot first PG accomplished anything significant.[/quote]

Your kinda arguing against yourself tho that's the point, you talk of ball dominance as if its a cancer to winning basketball but that's not the case. The real cancer to winning basketball is a one dimensional team, you need an inside AND outside presence to CONSISTENTLY win chips.

Obviously there are a few examples that didn't have both but they're exceptions to the rule and not the standard.

Unless you have a true balanced team , a pass or shoot first guard isn't enough to get you far that's not the end all be all of winning basketball.

Tony Parker is a shoot first point guard who won a NBA Finals MVP

Westbrook got to the NBA FInals too

Rose got to the Eastern Conference Finals same equivalent as Nash

Adding Rondo alone is much better. Takes pressure off of Kobe. But adding Gasol would of course be much much better than  just adding Rondo

Rondo
Kobe
Randle
Draft Pick
Free Agent

That's a good start

It's not moving the needle enough. Of course Rondo is a great player. But if that's all you are bringing in... Then PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

So nobody gonna talk about Pau flourishing in Chicago?

After he was literally called a walking pile of steaming poop in a Laker thread

He's scoring and getting rebounds after he was the scapegoat and ridiculed for our TEAM failures while not being being used properly in LA.

It's ok ill talk about it

#TeamTootHorn

#NeverForget

#AlwaysLoveTheSpainard

Can't the damn Sixers win a freakin game! I guess somebody had to win tonight between the Magic and Sixers lol

We will probably be neck and neck with the Sixers towards the end.. .
laugh.gif

So nobody gonna talk about Pau flourishing in Chicago?

After he was literally called a walking pile of steaming poop in a Laker thread

He's scoring and getting rebounds after he was the scapegoat and ridiculed for our TEAM failures while not being being used properly in LA.

It's ok ill talk about it

#TeamTootHorn

#NeverForget

#AlwaysLoveTheSpainard
He put up great numbers last season too. It was his defense that was horrible. Haven't watched the Bulls much yet, but he is getting blocks, but still looks slow in rotating and doesn't attempt to protect the rim (very small sample size because I haven't watched much, so tell me if I'm wrong guys). The Bulls just have much better players surrounding him that can cover up his defensive lapses.  

It's not really his fault though, he's old. There was instances where he just didn't try too, but understandable since last years team was just rough. And please, I really don't want to hear D'antoni held him back. No that's not true at all. Pau had plenty of opportunities in the post yet couldn't capitalize. The numbers showed this.  

On another note. To be honest I don't fault the front office much for recent moves. The Nash deal I loved, the Howard deal I loved (couldn't get anything for Dwight because teams weren't going to offer up their assets for a potential half a season rental, plus the Lakers wanted to bring Howard back), Randle pick I loved, etc. People do complain about not getting assets for Pau, but 1) people were offering a second round pick for him, which is something the Lakers would not accept for a player like Pau and more importantly 2) They wanted to bring Pau back this summer. This is the one move that I didn't like the front office doing, but it didn't happen. I really did not understand the whole Kobe + Melo + Pau idea. But it didn't happen so it's a moot point. 

Pau's OFFENSE wasnt the problem it was his effort or lack of on DEFENSE.

Its the reason this gif was born :lol:
View media item 1249098

Man it was more than that bro it was his offense, defense, attitude, walk, talk , hair , his smile etc etc etc

If I could pull up the posts from last year straight roasting Pau it wouldn't be pretty he was called every disrespectful name in the book.

Before the season started I predicted he would flourish and that's exactly what he's doing, he's far from done and is still a very quality big in the NBA.

#SpainardStillGotIt

Can't stand when kobe has a 2 on 1 fast break and he forces a layup and draws a foul rather than dishing it off for his teammate to get an easier shot. He did that a few times last night and it hurt morale, you can see it.

That's all

**** their morale. Let the Kobe show continue.

Last edited:
Yeah Bruh pau was playing like a scrub for us no lie. Like with no spine at all

If I'm one thing I'm consistent whether dudes agree or not, even last year I defended Pau only to be told I was crazy and he's done etc etc.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but it's the truth , it was like a running gag or inside joke to talk about how much he stinks and shoulda been traded after the championships becuase there was nothing left in the tank and we shoulda traded while his stock was still high.

Obviously that's being proven wrong but this is NT and we're not the types to admit when we're wrong but it's all good I know what I read and it was page after page of Pau slander.

Imma leave it alone for now, I'll revisit the topic in a few weeks and see how he's doing.

Before the season started I predicted he would flourish and that's exactly what he's doing, he's far from done and is still a very quality big in the NBA.

#SpainardStillGotIt

As he should. He fits perfectly there. Defensive team, Defensive minded coach and he doesnt have to be the anchor with Noah on the team.

Dwight and Bynum anchored the paint most of the time so when they left he got exposed.

I'll never forget the game where Timofey F**** Mozgov owned him.

Timofey Mozgov. :smh:

It's a lost cause at this point. After that whole assist to FGA's thing I noticed dude will nitpick for anything. 2 things I know about this thread for sure. CP loves him some MDA and Ska hates Kobe. :lol:

Happy to see Pau doing good but dude wasn't himself the last few years. Ever since the start of the 2011 playoffs it was like he checked out. Then the trade rumors and criticism pretty much killed his confidence.

Pau been less of a man since 2011. Phil Jackson was beating the man's chest for a reason.

Don't let a strong first week erase the last 3 years. He had plenty of decent stat lines with us. He also had a bunch of nagging injuries, and slow, lazy defensive lapses as well as half-hearted attempts at rebounding.

Someone else was always to blame for his issues too. Tired in 11, Bynum strong play 2012, Dwight 2013, MDA 2014.

He's doin good this week, we'll see how he looks when he's needed in May.

the bulls snail pace suits oldman pau's game better than what dantoni was running

glad he's doing well 
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom