2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pimp.gif

even in 2010 pau highlights boozer isnt playing any defense 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Pau & Nash can both kiss my ***

I will never forget some of Pau's most spineless gutless moments ever.

You grouping Pau with Nash

The man who rode shotgun to 3 consecutive finals can kiss your *** ?

:smh: :smh: :smh:

#HowQuicklyWeForget

CP even if Pau goes to the finals , dudes still wouldn't admit his falloff was overblown....you'd probly just respond with something witty and attribute his success to something else instead of just admitting he can still play.

If you can predict our entire season with 5 games why can't I say Pau can still play after a good start ?

TeamTootHorn only has room for 1 member ?

I appreciate Pau for what he's done for us, and  I don't think he deserves ALL the negative feedback, but dude was damn near unwatchable at times in these past few seasons.

I'm happy to see Pau flourishing out there, but he looked like he upped his effort now that he has something to play for. (Or maybe Chicago's orchestras got him amped)

I did want Mitch to "dump" him for a pick at the deadline last year. Not because he fell off, but because it was better to part ways, for both the Lakers and Pau.

Even if he got this fire/confidence back with the Lakers, I don't think it would've helped that much.

Plus the Bulls' defense is helping hide the one thing that made him so frustrating to watch

Last edited:
Interesting that folks are crediting the system or his effort when prior he was damaged goods and hopeless. I'm Kermit doe

When's the last time a top tier pass first pg won anything of value?

View media item 1249306
So nobody gonna talk about Pau flourishing in Chicago?

After he was literally called a walking pile of steaming poop in a Laker thread

He's scoring and getting rebounds after he was the scapegoat and ridiculed for our TEAM failures while not being being used properly in LA.

It's ok ill talk about it

#TeamTootHorn

#NeverForget

#AlwaysLoveTheSpainard

Get over here bro

Can't stand when kobe has a 2 on 1 fast break and he forces a layup and draws a foul rather than dishing it off for his teammate to get an easier shot. He did that a few times last night and it hurt morale, you can see it.

That's all

I honestly cannot remember the last time kobe passed on a fast break

Side note - ska is the most egregious troll when it comes to kobe :lol:. Completely black and white perspective

I don't get what Ska wants from Kobe.

Him playing an entirely different way would not have brought us anymore success.

As for Rondo.. I'm meh on him unless they somehow bring in Gasol as well. Rondo alone... Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh no thank you. Rondo - Kobe - ?? - Randle - Top 5 isn't much better... Rondo - Kobe - ?? - Randle - Gasol and Top 5 off the bench is talking, and is talking to 2016 as well.

I really don't get it at all.... The whole you they need a Top tier coach & Player next to them in order to win despite them is ridiculous.... So you mean to tell me a player can help get you to the finals 7 times but he's a detriment to the team. :rolleyes

and as far as Pau goes He is the piece that will help Chi get over the hump if D rose stays healthy. He isn't the greatest on defense, but the past few years he was put in a position that simply didn't utilize his strengths. And that's my point.... Pau's Strengths>>>>>>> weaknesses (especially for chi). He can still get the ball and get an easy shot or create one for another player, come playoff time when d rose is getting doubled, he's the guy who can get the rock and make a play.

What up Lakers fans!

Quick question.. will be down that way in a few weeks and plan on catching
my Grizzlies play on the 26th, first time at Staples Center... is the
"Premier" seating good?

See some tickets on stubhub in Premier, row 7 for like 90 bucks.

let me know, thx!

Premier isn't bad at all but like someone said spend a little more and get the lower sections behind the basket.

Right now tickets are pretty much selling for face value.

I got two tickets for this sunday's game in the 333 section row 4 for 60....for the pair. I can remember in the glory years those same seats commanding 75 to 100 per ticket depending on who we were playing.

For this sundays games you can get section 117 for 200 a pair...dirt cheap.

Originally Posted by sea manup  
Nash, WCF + MVPs?

Stockton, back to back Finals?

Why? Is that in defense of Kyrie?

Because while you're drumming up something to discredit both of those answers, let me know when was the last time a top tier shoot first PG accomplished anything significant.
my personal opinion is that the PG is the least important position in basketball. i would take a kobe/jordan/wade/tmac type player bringing the ball up running the offence over a pass first pg any day of the week

kyrie is far from being a top tier anything

you need your best player to be a scorer to win (of course this doesnt mean taking 37 shots on a good team), its why kobe has 5, shaq has 4, jordan has 6, bron has 2

averaging 10 assists per game gets you nash (0 championships), stockton (0 championships), kidd (needed to ride the dirk bus just to get one after he was washed up), chris paul (cant even get past the second round)

even the spurs have a PG who's main focus is to score

you can bring up all the "shoot first ball hogs" you want, i can match you player by player with a just as unsuccessful pass first guy who "plays basketball the right way"

but when talking about guys like kobe, you bring up nash and stockton as an example of success? 
roll.gif

I seriously don't know why I bother with you.

You said 'success'; you asked for examples of pass first PGs who experienced success.

Is making it to the Finals not success?

Is an MVP successful? Is the WCF not successful?

I didn't bring up Nash and Stockton as any sort of anything that had to do with Kobe.

Don't even bother with me if you're going to ask questions then switch up the answer given. Go back into hiding or something.

Nash, WCF + MVPs?

Because while you're drumming up something to discredit both of those answers, let me know when was the last time a top tier shoot first PG accomplished anything significant.
Your kinda arguing against yourself tho that's the point, you talk of ball dominance as if its a cancer to winning basketball but that's not the case. The real cancer to winning basketball is a one dimensional team, you need an inside AND outside presence to CONSISTENTLY win chips.

Obviously there are a few examples that didn't have both but they're exceptions to the rule and not the standard.

Unless you have a true balanced team , a pass or shoot first guard isn't enough to get you far that's not the end all be all of winning basketball.
I can dig it. Solid point.

Melo will never experience success (Finals) until he has both an excellent coach and a dominant teammate to mask his ball dominance.

Same w/ Kyrie. And I've said it plenty. And been mocked. Meanwhile, in Cleveland...
laugh.gif

The problem wasn't that Lebron wasn't there; the problem was that a ball dominator was, and still is.

Both he and Melo need someone to come in and make winning possible despite them, so we can all pretend it was because of them instead of despite them.
Yep, meanwhile in Cleveland, Lebron was noticeably frustrated w/ Kyrie's 34 point, ZERO ASSIST (for a PG?!) effort, giving a halfhearted postgame response of 'I mean, he had a good scoring night.'

laugh.gif

I can dig that balance is crucial, but I think that if there is a ball dominant member of the roster... be it a PG, C, PF, combo guard, point forward, whatever... the entire roster is frustrated, literally and figuratively.

And to answer your question, E, I don't want anything from Kobe. He don't know me, I don't know him. I'm just getting my Skip Bayless on. 
devil.gif

Like if I point out that fast food is destructive and overrated*, that doesn't mean I want fast food to change. If I want anything to change, it's the opinions of fast food.

*which it is

*except INO

Last edited:
I think everyone in America who bets sports feels like a complete idiot for not taking the under on the 33 1/2 games Vegas gave us for wins this season.

I know sure as hell I do.

Would of been easy cash :smh:

You can make it up by betting the over for the games' spreads this season. :lol:

Nah, Kobe has officially gone YOLO.
40 shots a game won't win a lot of games but it'll keep scores closer. :lol:

Kobe playing team ball and getting Wes, Wayne and Boozer more shots will give me interest on betting the over for game spreads.

Pass the ball Bean, make me some cash :pimp:

Nash, WCF + MVPs?

my personal opinion is that the PG is the least important position in basketball. i would take a kobe/jordan/wade/tmac type player bringing the ball up running the offence over a pass first pg any day of the week

kyrie is far from being a top tier anything

you need your best player to be a scorer to win (of course this doesnt mean taking 37 shots on a good team), its why kobe has 5, shaq has 4, jordan has 6, bron has 2

averaging 10 assists per game gets you nash (0 championships), stockton (0 championships), kidd (needed to ride the dirk bus just to get one after he was washed up), chris paul (cant even get past the second round)

even the spurs have a PG who's main focus is to score

you can bring up all the "shoot first ball hogs" you want, i can match you player by player with a just as unsuccessful pass first guy who "plays basketball the right way"

but when talking about guys like kobe, you bring up nash and stockton as an example of success? 
roll.gif

I seriously don't know why I bother with you.

You said 'success'; you asked for examples of pass first PGs who experienced success.

Is making it to the Finals not success?

Is an MVP successful? Is the WCF not successful?

I didn't bring up Nash and Stockton as any sort of anything that had to do with Kobe.

Don't even bother with me if you're going to ask questions then switch up the answer given. Go back into hiding or something.
i mean... its only fair when im talking to the king of switching up answers right?

"no one wants to play with kobe, look at everyone that came to play with lebron"

*a bunch of people list a bunch of people who have signed with us over the years*

"well actually they probably only came because of phil"

"who on the bulls is even a decent defender?"

*a bunch of people bring up examples to prove you wrong*

"well i wasnt even talking to you guys, i was talking to people who said kobe was shooting too much"

all you do is switch up arguments or do your "you know what, i dont like where this is going so im going to make up some bs excuse to get out of talking to you" thing. 

be honest here, if the roles were reversed and your boy kidd had lead his team to 5 championships while the kobes, mjs and wades of the world won a few mvps and made a few nba finals without winning a thing would you really think thats successful? or would you be like look at kidd!! hes playing the right way and it shows because he has won championships!! selfish ball hogs have gotten close but they just cant figure it out because all their teammates hate them!!

get out of here with your bs, i dont have enough fingers on my hands to count the random excuses you have come up with to discredit a playstyle you dont like. then when multiple people prove you wrong you either do your "well thats not what we're talking about" thing or ignore the reply and go agree with some loser in the NBA thread

Dude, don't even.

I specifically said "Those of you who said stuff like this..." when I asked the question about volume scoring and the success of teams who have no business being successful. Bringing that back up isn't me switching **** up; it's reminding morons who don't pay attention that I was specifically talking to a specific group of people, not just everyone. If you're not someone who doesn't say the types of things, straight up, I wasn't asking you, and reminding you of that isn't switching anything up.

And I never said "Well, actually, they just came because of Phil." I said it could be argued.

Obviously you have no intentions of debating, but rather sonning, or winning, or something other than debating (which is hearing what someone else says and validating it or offering a counter point).

I'm not here to son anyone, and I'm damn sure not going to be sonned.

Stop it.

get out of here with your bs, i dont have enough fingers on my hands to count the random excuses you have come up with to discredit a playstyle you dont like. then when multiple people prove you wrong you either do your "well thats not what we're talking about" thing or ignore the reply and go agree with some loser in the NBA thread
Just noticed this little gem.

Comments like that show a complete lack of understanding for the concept of 'Live and let live."

I don't like volume scorers.

If you want to convince me to like them, you'll fail, and just frustrate both of us as you try.

Last edited:
As you know Ska, I've been around for both Magic, and Kobe. Polar opposites, each extremely successful.

I don't have an issue at all with pass first, or shoot first approaches.

But if I thought long enough, I could find something from both of them that explains how they each managed to be great as they were.

its not even anything kobe related, and is one of the main reasons i dont like chris paul and his hardcore defenders

ive never understood how in a game so dynamic people actually think that there is a "right way to play basketball"

are there wrong ways to play basketball? sure, there are plenty

is there one best mindset for every superstar player? no

people say kobe should pass more, well he has 5 championships so whatever he's doing/did is clearly working

people say lebron should pass less and be like kobe, 4 finals in 4 years 2 championships. whatever he is doing is also clearly working

magic liked to run around and get everyone involved, highly successful

mj liked to dominate the ball and led the league in scoring pretty much every year, highly successful

As you know Ska, I've been around for both Magic, and Kobe. Polar opposites, each extremely successful.

I don't have an issue at all with pass first, or shoot first approaches.

But if I thought long enough, I could find something from both of them that explains how they each managed to be great as they were.
That's the thing, there are certain things about Kobe that I respect. You know it, I know it, and everyone who has paid attention knows it. In the NBA thread, I've been accused twice already this season of being a Kobe stan.

Can't say the same about players I truly find no value in; JR Smith, Eddie House, OJ Mayo. There is nothing about what they bring to a basketball court that I respect.

Kobe? I respect certain things he brings to the table.

39 points on 37 shots is not one of those things. 
laugh.gif
 Never has been, never, EVER will be. If someone brings up some of my favorite players (KD, Bron, Kidd, Eyebrows) on a day when they shoot like 30ish shots and net like 25-40 points, I'm'a clown that player, too... then remind whoever brought that game up that Kobe's entire career has seen those types of games, frequently. And I still don't like it. Just because KD has a game where he chucks 34 and nets 40, I'm not gonna go "Oh, well, then I love Kobe now."

And dudes like seaman stay trying to sway an opinion instead of just casually discussing differences by validating points or offering rebuttals.

Because of OTHER things Kobe brings to the table, if he WAS a Rondo type (limited shooting range, EXCELLENT passing ability), I fully believe he'd still have multiple championships by now. Maybe not 5. Maybe more than 5. But because of his tenacity, dedication to his craft, and competitiveness, he'd be a champion by now if he had a different skill set, no doubt.

But the skill set he DOES have includes volume shooting, something I hate. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Exactly what I was about to say. KD is a volume shooter, he's just more efficient at it. You're not going to be a scoring champion without shooting a lot of shots. Westbrook is a volume shooter as well, he's less efficient. Bron was a volume shooter in his first stint in CLE, he wasn't nearly as efficient as he was the last couple seasons in Miami, and his shots have creeped up back to that 19-20 per game range and he's not been nearly as efficient so far. Is he still playing basketball the right way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom