2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Smush ever pass the ball back to Kobe while they were playing since they didn't like each other? 
laugh.gif

Don't remember...

smush needs more SMUSHcalades before he can be king of the jungle 
Fixed. One isn't enough to be king of the jungle
"He told me one day at practice — I tried to talk to him outside of basketball about football. And he looked at me in practice and was dead serious and said, 'You can’t talk to me. You need more accolades under your belt before you come talk to me."

"He told me one day at practice — I tried to talk to him outside of basketball about football. And he looked at me in practice and was dead serious and said, 'You can’t talk to me. You need more accolades under your belt before you come talk to me."

Ah touché. I saw "Smush" and "accolade" and couldn't help myself :lol:

Ah touché. I saw "Smush" and "accolade" and couldn't help myself
laugh.gif
all good, i actually like your version better 
laugh.gif

No Ska, I am not the one that had a heart attack at the Blazer game.

Although, if I was gonna have a heart attack, it would likely be because I was AT a Blazers game. :lol:

I'm assuming everyone has seen the video of money bags Nash hitting golf balls with his "injured back".

I decided to look at Kobe's game versus the Suns, and look at his shot selection.

O are Made. X is a miss. Green is a good shot. Orange is a neutral shot. Red is a bad shot.

Quarter 1

Quarter 2

Quarter 3

Quarter 4

-One of the biggest things I saw is that he took a lot of contested shots even with getting a screen. About 8 of the 13 bad shots were not getting enough space with screens to get the ball dumped to him, gather and shoot, or the P&R was extremely well defended. Comes back again to spacing.
-Missed some gimme shots.
- When they get proper spacing on the screen it's beautiful. He had a handful of beautiful looks and these possessions made us look halfway competent on offense.
- Kobe watching is prevalent. It's one thing to chastise him for taking so many shots, and he doesn't have the greatest shot selection. For another argument, you can argue that his efficiency is underrated based on TS% & eFG% when you take into account his shot selection. Anyway, it's difficult to pass to somebody not even in the game on offense. Especially guys not on your talent level. If Kobe is in his zone, and isn't looking anybody's way, you have to tell him "I was open." He respects guys who speak up, and say "I was open in the corner, look for me." Often times, it will break him into looking for you. If you're just going to watch, and not speak up, then what the hell are you even doing on the court?
-He seemed out of legs through most of the game. The minutes management was brutal.
-He forces too much around the hoop expecting a foul, and ends up throwing it up contested. But trying to draw contact in the paint is at least, less egregious than contested 3s with 14 on the clock. At least with the new everything is a foul in the paint, you at least are getting a shot to get something out of it.

Biggest thing to help Kobe is spacing. You need to spread the court to increase the amount of room he has to work off pick and rolls.

Fun fact of the day: Michael Jordan & Kobe Bryant both have 15 games where they shot 35+ FGA and had less than or equal to 46 PTS in that game. :lol:
Fun fact of the day 2: Michael Jordan has 31 games of 35+ FGA. Kobe 29 games of 35+ FGA.

Last edited:
I dont wanna trip out over that Nash vid. Its not like hes going to be bed ridden all year.

Evidence is plain as day, Clarky is best-served attacking the basket and getting to the line. Drawing fouls and easy trips to the charity stripe rather than relying on a streaky jump shot.

In the final hours of those failed negotiations, Yahoo! Sports reported that Jackson is determined to find a starting role in restricted free agency next summer. The report went on to say that Jackson could command a salary in the $13 million to $14 million range.

At a shootaround before the Thunder’s home opener last Saturday, Jackson even hinted that he might not call Oklahoma City home for much longer when he said he is “just trying to play my role while I’m here.”

That comment went largely unnoticed by most.

But Jackson already had said enough to turn local supporters into skeptics.
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-thu...porters-into-skeptics/article/5364423/?page=1

:nerd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom