• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really love or hate with Melo isnt' it..I'm on the love side, but then again, I have a weird affinity with great players who haven't won ****  (Kyrie Irving, Melo)

Here's my question....if Lakers gave Melo a max offer on Thursday, why did Mitch fly to Cleveland? To take a dump? I mean what can he offer Bron when everyone knows Bron is looking for a max deal.

Here's my question....if Lakers gave Melo a max offer on Thursday, why did Mitch fly to Cleveland? To take a dump? I mean what can he offer Bron when everyone knows Bron is looking for a max deal.

Because there is a moratorium until the 10th. Nothing can be signed until then.

So he was pursuing the pie in the sky.. Melo & LeBron with Kobe. If he gets LeBron to budge, and say okay I'm with it, then he presents it to Melo.

Last edited:
I just don't know man... about Melo coming here for max money.

Last time he played with a ball dominant guard (Iverson) that combo experiment failed horribly.

A team of:

C: Gasol
PF: Randle
SF: Melo
SG: Kobe
PG: Whatever journey man d-leaguer or 2nd round pick and old A*s Nash

2nd round exit or WCF at best.

From what I've read. Mitch gave Melo 2 scenarios

1. Max money
2. Take less money with Lebron joining aboard. Probably will make up money latter in Laker career

what if...

Kobe is back to form...

Randle is good in year 1...GREAT in year 2...

and Melo is his usual self.

Kobe Melo Randle. Excellent core. Beggers cant be choosers at this point

Look at it like this, Kobe+Melo+Randle are gunna combine to make 50 mil, that comes out to like 17 each which is fine with me.

People who realistically thought the Lakers would tank next year are delusional.

Last time he played with a ball dominant guard (Iverson) that combo experiment failed horribly.

A team of:

Okay, so 2nd round exit or WCF at best. At least, that's building a winning formula and free agents don't look at us like a wasteland in the next few years. Opposed to signing junk, going 33-49 and getting the 10th pick... Oh wait, we don't have that pick.

The Lakers relying on four players and trash. Where have I seen this story before?

I bet Lakers pitch was a Lala Lakers jersey. Been obvious that thirsty for fame gold digger was making Melo sign in LA.

A team of:

lol WCF at best?

As opposed to what?  30 win seasons for the next two years with Swaggy P as your star player?

No wonder people hate Lakers fans

the more i think about it..man if mitch could manage to get bron and melo...omg...as a laker fan I'd be giddy. That doesnt even equal chips, but it just lets me know that the team forure won't suck. and there's no more double teams. Good lord. Plz mitch

A team of:

8th seed at best.

I would love to see Mitch pull off Bron & Melo just to see CP have to call Mitch MitchGod again :lol:

That move would forever cement Mitch's name in Laker history.

Momo's article

Lakers make 'strong impression'
Updated: July 5, 2014, 10:26 PM ET
By Ramona Shelburne | ESPN.com

In a surprising twist, the Los Angeles Lakers have emerged as the team that most worries the New York Knicks in their attempt to re-sign superstar free agent forward Carmelo Anthony, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.

The Lakers pitch -- of teaming Anthony with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, prized rookie Julius Randle on a team with no long-term salary obligations -- made what one source described as a "strong impression" on Anthony and has made his decision over the holiday weekend "tough" according to another source close to the situation.

Los Angeles met with LeBron James' agent Rich Paul on Friday, and the four-time MVP is giving similar consideration to what the Lakers have to offer, according to sources.

Gasol has emerged as a key selling point for the Lakers. While the Spaniard has been listening to pitches from championship contenders who lack much financial flexibility, such as Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Miami and Chicago, sources believe he would quickly re-sign with the Lakers if they were able to land Anthony or James.

ESPN reported Thursday that the Lakers made it clear to Anthony, who is living and training in L.A. this summer, they'd offer the maximum four-year, $97 million contract they can, if he were to choose them. That's less than the five-year, $129 million offer the Knicks have verbally pitched to Anthony. The Lakers also made it clear to James they'd offer him the maximum they could, sources said.

However, there are also scenarios in which both James and Anthony could come to the Lakers, if each was willing to play for around $16 million per season, especially if either of their current teams were willing to work a sign-and-trade with the Lakers.

Bryant wasn't able to make it to the Lakers pitch meeting with Anthony on Thursday after it was moved up by several hours. He was still in the air from his flight home from a family vacation as the meeting was taking place. However sources said the two superstars have been in constant communication this summer, and there is some sentiment Anthony's respect for Bryant could ultimately "put the Lakers over the top."

The shift in Anthony's thinking was first reported by Grantland's Bill Simmons on Saturday afternoon.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported last week that the Knicks' confidence in re-signing Anthony was strong as he began his cross-country free agent recruiting tour through Chicago, Houston, Dallas and Los Angeles.

It was widely assumed that the Bulls posed the strongest challenge to the Knicks for Anthony, but that has shifted over the weekend, sources said. The Bulls do not currently have the ability to offer Anthony a maximum contract.

Last edited:
From what I've read. Mitch gave Melo 2 scenarios

1. Max money
2. Take less money with Lebron joining aboard. Probably will make up money latter in Laker career

2. Holds weight because of the Kobe deal. Kobe will also become a Laker minority owner when he retires. Biggest NBA market by far. Great weather. A list friends to party with. Being a Laker >

Last edited:
I think it's all smoke screens.

But the fact that Miami has made zero traction in signing a notable free agent, could mean Lebron is walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom