• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lakers relying on four players and trash. Where have I seen this story before?

San Antonio?

2. Holds weight because of the Kobe deal. Kobe will also become a Laker minority owner when he retires. Biggest NBA market by far. Great weather. A list friends to party with. Being a Laker >

Man I swear if kobe's contract turns out to be a positive selling point for any free agent I'm gonna troll so hard

This 'Lakers pose biggest threat' header via ESPN..

meloHOF.gif

meloinyoface.gif

oldkobeMVP.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dismayed-spike-lee-at-knicks-game-nba-gifs-2012-2013.gif

Last edited:
Can't really know until final cap numbers are set.... It's supposed to be $63.1 mil, but some people are thinking it could be as high as $65 or $66mil

And there's a few ways to go.. From the this is what we can offer, to trying to unload un-tradeable players.

Essential I knw you're smarter than this, you can't honestly believe in some of things that are being said by your people. You can't :lol:

So LA only needs to sign Pau to a low contract.

Have Bron and Melo come here for 16 million a year (less money) + high tax rates in LA.

On top of that, in order for that to work, they'd need both the Knicks and Heat to work out sign and trades to get that money for them.

And Chris Brousard helped contribute to the story, so ESPN headlines it, and everyone is eating it up.

LeBron James, who became one of thee most hated athletes for joining the Heat, goes to the Finals 4 straight times, would then take paycut to flee Miami to help a 36 year old who just missed the prior season.

Carmelo Anthony says no to 5 years and 129 million dollars to take a 4 year 64ish million dollar one???

And you guys are believing all these things are going to happen?

:lol:

Good Lord guys.

Can't really know until final cap numbers are set.... It's supposed to be $63.1 mil, but some people are thinking it could be as high as $65 or $66mil

And there's a few ways to go.. From the this is what we can offer, to trying to unload un-tradeable players.

Essential I knw you're smarter than this, you can't honestly believe in some of things that are being said by your people. You can't :lol:

He ask me how it could done.. I gave him an answer.

Go play in traffic somewhere.

Last edited:

Have Bron and Melo come here for 16 million a year (less money) + high tax rates in LA.

On top of that, in order for that to work, they'd need both the Knicks and Heat to work out sign and trades to get that money for them.

And Chris Brousard helped contribute to the story, so ESPN headlines it, and everyone is eating it up.

LeBron James, who became one of thee most hated athletes for joining the Heat, goes to the Finals 4 straight times, would then take paycut to flee Miami to help a 36 year old who just missed the prior season.

Carmelo Anthony says no to 5 years and 129 million dollars to take a 4 year 64ish million dollar one???

laugh.gif

Good Lord guys.
Let us hope. It's all we have
frown.gif

Last edited:
I just don't know man... about Melo coming here for max money.

Last time he played with a ball dominant guard (Iverson) that combo experiment failed horribly.

A team of:

C: Gasol

PF: Randle

SF: Melo

SG: Kobe

PG: Whatever journey man d-leaguer or 2nd round pick and old A*s Nash

2nd round exit or WCF at best.

lol WCF at best?

As opposed to what?  30 win seasons for the next two years with Swaggy P as your star player?

No wonder people hate Lakers fans

View media item 1063035
Exactly dudes wanna hoard cap space like supermarket coupons so we can "maybe" get another free agent in two years :smh:

What if we strike out then ?

Don't sweat fellas if tank 12 years straight we should be in prime position to draft Lebrons son , just be patient :lol: :smh:

laugh.gif

Good Lord guys.
Let us hope. It's all we have
frown.gif
frown.gif

it's gunna be funny seeing people's replies when we don't get bron or melo

I could see Melo... but Bron... no ******* way. He's taking the max and that's that.

Last edited:
Nobody is saying or guaranteeing that were gonna get those guys, we know it's a long shot.

All were doing is saying how happy or unhappy we'd be with the outcome so I don't see the big deal if we strike out on a big fish.

Nobody is saying or guaranteeing that were gonna get those guys, we know it's a long shot.

All were doing is saying how happy or unhappy we'd be with the outcome so I don't see the big deal if we strike out on a big fish.
Oh it'll suck if we strike out. We will have to endure a season on hoping that we suck bad enough to get a top 5 pick in next draft. It'll be worse than this past season. Unless Kobe drops 25+ every game
happy.gif

I agree I'm not trynna rain on anyone's parade just trynna be realistic.
I already know we're not gunna suck again unless we get a lot of injuries so I'm ready to root for em and see what happens.

My whole thing is if you can get yourself a top 15 player in the league, you do it & worry about the rest later.
I know he's 30 but he'll never forget how to shoot all you have to worry about is injuries and defensive effort.

:lol:

Good Lord guys.

CP you're one in a million :pimp:

He ask me how it could done.. I gave him an answer.

Go play in traffic somewhere.

What's that supposed to mean? Lol

Yea the 1 thing people are failing to realize is it will be very very hard to be bad enough to keep that top 5 pick. And even if we are that bad it's not guaranteed we get inside the top 5. And then you still have to hope that pick turns out to be decent. Just too many hopeful variables for that.
Imagine being in here this season with stressing your brain out over the team needing to be bad enough and hearing people cuss out Kobe for every willed win :smh:
Such a disgusting way to be.

I've been kind of trying to wait to formulate an opinion on the whole Melo/Bron matter cuz I feel this free agency thing is a big game/circus show anyway.

But regardless of what anyone thinks in today's game the team with the most superstars/allstars win.
And before you bring up the NBAs darling spurs team. They had 3 potential HOFers as the foundation for their success. Let's not act like spurs had no stars on they're team
And I'm sure some might bring up the Mavs. But that was an anomaly and won't happen again honestly. Dirk went into DWade 06 playoff mode and Bron choked. Plain n simple.

But history shows that if you have the most talent you win.
Me personally I don't want Melo only because the money he's commanding at his age. But that's absolutely it. Any other reasons would be asinine.

Because with Kobe n Melo on the court at the same time it would be unstoppable. Especially with Pau spacing the floor. Kobe n Melo are prob #1 & #2 best midrange game in the league. Just keep them on the opposite sides of the floor at all times. That would crush defensive spacing and balance forever. Would instantly have like 7 more open 3's a game off ball rotation alone.

But at the end of the day I don't think we should gamble so much when we are realistically so far away. Now if we only needed that one piece to take us over the top it would be easy decision. Forget the cap space and throw everything at Melo. But we still got a team to build.

But ionno it could def work in year 2. Kobe's last year on his contract. Melo with the team for a 2nd year more used to play with the team. Randle a year older. We could spend the rest of our money for little upgrades and battle for the title ...there's a possibility

I wouldn't be mad either way. There really is no right decision going forward. Seems like the FO is choosing the Melo route. Can't blame em much really tho.
I can't see Melo leaving NY. I think he dug himself in too deep when he forced his way there. Leaving would prob leave a bit of him empty. We shall see tho.

It's not hard to understand TRYING to lure the FA difference maker. Of course they make a pitch to LeBron. If he takes it, great.

But if he doesn't, you can't overreact and reach and overspend for Luol Deng or the like. Guys that will just plant you in mediocre land.

My entire purpose for tearing it down is swing for the big fish, if you miss you try to land a big fish the other way, via draft. Cost controlled, highly valuable young assets.

Then the following year, you swing for more big fish.

Thing is, we swung for a younger, better player in Dwight Howard and missed. If they panic into signing an older, lesser player in Melo, that's a horrible downgrade. Yes, Melo would be better than Nash, Pau or Kobe, but that isn't saying much.

By drafting Randle, we're out of play for Love now, unless they flipped Randle for a guard or SF. Love at 26 would be a much better signing than Melo because he's younger, and the better player.

So when Melo and LeBron use us to get better deals elsewhere, we need to just fold up shop, drop like a stone this upcoming year, then make a play next year, with hopefully a 2nd young stud to build around.

And if we're lucky, Randle plays well enough to be a solid ROY candidate and show he's legit.

I still really want to see marshall and kobe run....

marshall can potentially find kobe 25+pg a game next season.

marshall x melo could be very effective.

kid loves to pass it

Yea the 1 thing people are failing to realize is it will be very very hard to be bad enough to keep that top 5 pick. And even if we are that bad it's not guaranteed we get inside the top 5. And then you still have to hope that pick turns out to be decent. Just too many hopeful variables for that.
Imagine being in here this season with stressing your brain out over the team needing to be bad enough and hearing people cuss out Kobe for every willed win :smh:
Such a disgusting way to be.

View media item 1063138

Thank you bro thank you

I'm confused as to this whole using us to get better deals other places. The teams that can offer them the max or close to it are always going to be who they are, unless you believe the Knicks, Heat aren't going to offer them max deals. Who exactly are they leveraging us against? Houston and CLE are trying to clear out space for a max deal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom