• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he wants you to kill yourself :nerd:

Lol, well I got that part of it.

Idk tho, maybe he's still salty about the Dwight Howard fued we had about him staying in LA a year or two ago.

I just expected more respect from essential, thought we were passed that :smh:

Last edited:
If durant and Russ weren't free agents to be everyone would be giddy at the thought of signing melo. We are never going to see this utopian team with two top 5 guys on rookie deals next to another top 5 guy brought in from free agency. It is just so pie in the sky and air headed. Great plan, sure, just not something you can reasonably pursue. In addition to all the variables covered you have to also hope for a talented draft class. The thunder caught the perfect storm with arguably the 3 best players at their position in consecutive drafts. The odds of the best sf, pg, and sg coming out in consecutive drafts is insane enough, let alone being in position to draft all of them or even one of them. Is anybody really buying that as something you can count on emulating? I can guarantee that wasn't okc's plan, it just so happened to be their fortune.

I don't know whether melo is going to be a laker or not but I'd like my team to pursue a top player now rather than wait on two in the bush, so to speak.

Last edited:
Sources are saying Melo is closing on making his decision to go to the Lakers yo. :smokin

80% chance Melo will be wearing purple and gold this season

Marshall
Kobe
Melo
Randle
Insert replacement center for Pau here ____

Bench ?

If durant and Russ weren't free agents to be everyone would be giddy at the thought of signing melo. We are never going to see this utopian team with two top 5 guys on rookie deals next to another top 5 guy brought in from free agency. It is just so pie in the sky and air headed. Great plan, sure, just not something you can reasonably pursue. In addition to all the variables covered you have to also hope for a talented draft class. The thunder caught the perfect storm with arguably the 3 best players at their position in consecutive drafts. The odds of the best sf, pg, and sg coming out in consecutive drafts is insane enough, let alone being in position to draft all of them or even one of them. Is anybody really buying that as something you can count on emulating? I can guarantee that wasn't okc's plan, it just so happened to be their fortune.

I don't know whether melo is going to be a laker or not but I'd like my team to pursue a top player now rather than wait on two in the bush, so to speak.

$16 million per season isn't rookie contract money :lol:

If Lebron & Melo.. take it and both sign for 2 years and they know behind the scenes that Kobe tells both of them he's defitnely retiring at that point. The Lakers will have both their full bird rights both Melo & Lebron can re up for max contracts. By then Pau will be done assuming he does a 2 year deal.Nash will be off the books.

The Lakers then go after another superstar like Westbrook and still have Julius Randle.

Last edited:
Sources are saying Melo is closing on making his decision to go to the Lakers yo. :smokin

Marshall
Kobe
Melo
Randle

Bench ?

Pau will defitnely be back if Melo signs. Expect Jordan Farmar back who I'd rather have as the starting PG. Nick Young, and Xavier Henry probably will be back also.

LG 's free agent Melo thread is going nuts right now and that thread is straight comedy.

Rumor has it that Melo is suppose to show up sometime early this morning at 1OAK on Sunset Blvd with his entourage to celebrate he's going to be a Laker.

Last edited:

Marshall
Kobe
Melo
Randle

Bench ?
Where'd you hear that bro? Im getting hyped

Im a big laker fan but yall need to chill lmao we are not getting melo and bron now we might get melo but def not both because of basketball reasons lol the NBA would boycott

Im a big laker fan but yall need to chill lmao we are not getting melo and bron now we might get melo but def not both because of basketball reasons lol the NBA would boycott

The NBA can't do anything to stop it.

1. David Stern is no longer the commish.
2. The Knicks & Heat aren't league owned like how the Hornets now Pelicans were at the time when the CP3 trade got vetoed.

Those 2 reasons alone are the only reasons why CP3 isn't a Laker right now.

I'm confused as to this whole using us to get better deals other places. The teams that can offer them the max or close to it are always going to be who they are, unless you believe the Knicks, Heat aren't going to offer them max deals. Who exactly are they leveraging us against? Houston and CLE are trying to clear out space for a max deal as well.

You honestly believe Melo is turning down the 129 to take 64 with Bron coming too?

Now, Melo coming alone for 97, maybe that happens, but I don't see why he goes that route. He gets more money in NY, and has an easier conference to navigate thru.

Either way, he doesn't win a title with us, or NY unless Bron or Durant join him soon.

The leverage thing is simple. Melo's best option is Chicago, who offered less money. He uses us, to get them to up their offer.

Bron just wants Riley to upgrade the support cast in Miami. Flirting elsewhere makes Riley have to act.

Again, 2 weeks ago he was in the Finals. Why would he suddenly look at us and say yeah, I wanna take less money to play in LA, with an even older SG, with no coach (and no one better than Spo available) to join a franchise already universally loathed by 29 other fanbases? :lol:

Pipe dreams man.

In order, our best chances would be land Melo alone, get top 5 pick, land Bron/Melo. Something like 65-33-2% in that order.

You guys said we were makin the playoffs last year, how'd that work out? :lol:

We were 2 wins away from possibly bein in the 4 slot. WITHOUT actually tanking.

Sooooooooo

Dude you know how many unlikely once in a lifetime things happened last year?! Like at one point we had so many injured players that I thought mark madsen was gonna have to suit back up :lol:

That's the only way we realistically get a shot at top 5 lol

LeBron and Melo signing for 16 mil a year, knowing that Kobe's making 7 million dollars more than them.

:lol:

Oh man, you guys are nuts. It's been a while (over a year) since I came in here but ya'll never disappoint.

well well well look who has showed up...

you know last time you swore on everything the lakers couldnt trade for dwight howard and then it happened lol

you might be our lucky charm :smokin

How'd that end up working out?

I spent that entire season trying to convince y'all that Dwight wasn't going to resign with the Lakers because he never wanted to be in LA and the roster wasn't as good as y'all thought. I can't even express how many of y'all called me "stupid" during that time.

So I wouldn't go around hoping I'm your lucky charm, that backfired. Horribly.

But hey, at least your Warriors are looking good!! Right?

if you would like to talk warriors basketball please go to the warriors thread.

i dont remember you saying dwight was leaving

so your still the lucky charm

Oh you don't? Really? :lol:

Then you must have given up on your Lakers way too early that season and just started reading your Warriors thread instead.

Cause everyone else in here still remembers fool :lol:

I dont go in the warriors thread. 80 percent of the dudes in there are douche bags

You should go there. You probably would feel at home.

Last edited:
Dude you know how many unlikely once in a lifetime things happened last year?! Like at one point we had so many injured players that I thought mark madsen was gonna have to suit back up :lol:

That's the only way we realistically get a shot at top 5 lol

I do remember. I also remember a few of us predicting those injuries would come. Given Kobe was already hurt, Nash was likely to follow suit, Pau and Blake were both older guys, and we saw a ton of injuries the year prior as well.

But still, over half the fanbase has us in the playoffs, some with homecourt in the first round.

I remember.

Point is, my pipe dream of tanking was damn near perfect, even with the team trying so hard not to tank.

We miss on Bron/Melo, we got a good chance of "not" tanking again, but still ending up in that top 5. Just need them to cooperate a lil more this time, and realize games in March-April are must losses.

So step one, is pray for the miracle that lands LeBron.
Step two, in case step one doesn't work out, is pray for keeping our protected top five pick.
Step three, is pray that Mitch doesn't panic buy if he misses on step one.

3, easy to follow steps for a good season.

By drafting Randle, we're out of play for Love now, unless they flipped Randle for a guard or SF. Love at 26 would be a much better signing than Melo because he's younger, and the better player.

Doesn't it make you wonder why the focus shifted to Melo over Love? Because I agree with you, in that Love is a vastly superior player to offer a max to. Perhaps the Lakers shifted to Melo because he's a package deal... :nerd:

Last edited:
You guys said we were makin the playoffs last year, how'd that work out? :lol:

We were 2 wins away from possibly bein in the 4 slot. WITHOUT actually tanking.

Sooooooooo

:smh: obviously dudes were counting on a healthy team that's unfair but go ahead.

You guys said Dwight would leave x amount of money on the table sooooooooooo

You guys swore up and down if we tanked it'd be worth it sooooooooo (stop fronting you didn't want Randle)

So don't act like you get it right all the time, except when you get it wrong your excuse will be the team didnt listen toy you :lol:

If we get Melo and we assume Kobe is about 80 percent of his hold self...I hope we get a defense oriented 3 point shooting pg and a defense oriented rim protector who can shoot the 20 foot jumper. 

Would not go after IT2 and Pau at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom