• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is Nash actually was a better player at 32 than he was at 26, 27 years old, stats and eyeball test prove it. But hey I'm just using revisionist logic so what do I know.
i'm sure the system and being the primary option has nothing to do with it

Hey I learn from the best. Using hypotheticals and what ifs, picking and choosing what is fact and opinion is some ppl's strong suit.

Interesting, didn't know that KG was in his prime in 2008-2010, thought for sure that was during his MIN years, Ray at 32 was better than Ray in SEA/MIL, Pierce was better than earlier in his career. Crazy.

Thing is Nash actually was a better player at 32 than he was at 26, 27 years old, stats and eyeball test prove it. But hey I'm just using revisionist logic so what do I know.

PHX didn't have a 23 yr old Boris Diaw, 23 yr old Barbosa, 25 yr old Marcus Banks, 25 yr old James Jones, 26 yr old Matrix with 29 yr old Raja Bell and 27 yr old Eddie House and vets Kurt Thomas/Tim Thomas, Jim Jackson for balance?

Let me guess they were too youth laden to do anything huh? Keep blaming Sarver. He's been cheap since and again Alvin Gentry got as far with a worst group than MDA.

Nash was better playing under Mike?

And what does 2009-2010 have to do with anything? Doc didn't win those years, he did the same thing Mike did. You want to point out Doc's success, 2008 is all you have man. Those are the ages of the players that year, when he had his success.

Did you just use Marcus Banks?

Wait, did you really, just use, MARCUS BANKS, in a basketball discussion? We've hit a new low in Lakerland. :lol: Jesus Christ. You couldn't find a good argument for Smush or somethin?

I ask you, would you rather have Diaw, Barbosa, Banks, Jones, Matrix, Bell, House

Or would you rather have Joe Johnson, Deng, Rondo, Gortat, Rudy Fernandez, Nate Rob, Barbosa, Jones, Matrix, Bell, and House?

You tell me. Which of those casts is better? Go on, I got time, inform me.

I wish I could walk into a nba team and have the most exciting offense in the league already established. I could probably do what dantoni did in phx

Sea man for 2015 lakers hc

Nash was better playing under Mike?

And what does 2009-2010 have to do with anything? Doc didn't win those years, he did the same thing Mike did. You want to point out Doc's success, 2008 is all you have man. Those are the ages of the players that year, when he had his success.

Did you just use Marcus Banks?

Wait, did you really, just use, MARCUS BANKS, in a basketball discussion? We've hit a new low in Lakerland. :lol: Jesus Christ. You couldn't find a good argument for Smush or somethin?

I ask you, would you rather have Diaw, Barbosa, Banks, Jones, Matrix, Bell, House

Or would you rather have Joe Johnson, Deng, Rondo, Gortat, Rudy Fernandez, Nate Rob, Barbosa, Jones, Matrix, Bell, and House?

You tell me. Which of those casts is better? Go on, I got time, inform me.

One of them is reality and one is fantasy. I'd want CP3, Kobe, Dwight, but it didn't happen. The odds of them being able to keep all of them were slim to none, don't know why that's the crux of your argument every time for MDA.

You used Leon Powe in a basketball discussion. What's the difference?

And Doc made it to the Finals again in 2010 to a Game 7 with an even older Big 3. That's again more than MDA has ever done.

That 2010 Suns-Spurs series you keep referring too.

Spurs bench: Dyess, Bonner, Blair, Bogans, Mason, and someone named Temple.

With Richard Jefferson starting.

Weird the Spurs weren't that good in that series. And a 7 seed too, super impressive of those Suns, with HC.

The top 8 Suns all played 79+ games, and that doesn't include Robin Lopez or Barbosa.

But Gentry tho. :lol:

You used Leon Powe in a basketball discussion. What's the difference?

Leon Powe scored 20+ points on us IN THE FINALS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He beat us in game 2, how the **** you don't remember that man?

Just for ***** and giggles, 1999-2000 roster for the Orlando Magic:

9 Tariq Abdul-Wahad SG 6-6 223 November 3, 1974 2 San Jose State University
13 John Amaechi C 6-10 270 November 26, 1970 1 Pennsylvania State University
10 Darrell Armstrong PG 6-0 170 June 22, 1968 5 Fayetteville State University
31 Chucky Atkins PG 5-11 160 August 14, 1974 R University of South Florida
11 Earl Boykins PG 5-5 135 June 2, 1976 1 Eastern Michigan University
51 Michael Doleac C 6-11 262 June 15, 1977 1 University of Utah
1 Kiwane Garris SG 6-2 183 September 24, 1974 1 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8 Pat Garrity SF 6-9 238 August 23, 1976 1 University of Notre Dame
25 Chris Gatling PF 6-10 220 September 3, 1967 8 Old Dominion University
15 Matt Harpring SF 6-7 231 May 31, 1976 1 Georgia Institute of Technology
24 Anthony Johnson PG 6-3 190 October 2, 1974 2 College of Charleston
50 Corey Maggette SF 6-6 218 November 12, 1979 R Duke University
5 Ron Mercer SG 6-7 210 May 18, 1976 2 University of Kentucky
45 Bo Outlaw PF 6-8 210 April 13, 1971 6 University of Houston
24 Anthony Parker SG 6-6 215 June 19, 1975 2 Bradley University
33 Derek Strong PF 6-8 220 February 9, 1968 8 Xavier University
23 Johnny Taylor SF 6-9 220 June 4, 1974 2 University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
4 Ben Wallace PF 6-9 240 September 10, 1974 3 Virginia Union University
3 Monty Williams SF 6-8 225 October 8, 1971 5 University of Notre Dame

That team won 41 games. Yet Mike could only muster a measly 27 out of this squad of chuckers tailor made for his magnificent system? Yet only 42 wins with Amare, Gallo, Wilson and then Amare, Melo and Chauncey. And then quit on the team the following season.

Mamba checking in off the bench to go toe to toe against CP.

Thanks for giving us vets some rest. :pimp:

gtb is the 12th man aka the Sun Yue of the team

Last edited:
The odds of them being able to keep all of them were slim to none

The odds of them being able to keep kids on rookie contracts was slim, to none? Are you drunk already? What the **** you doin right now?

Marcus Banks, and can't keep rookie contracts, are you serious with this?

Keep them for what? A decade? Who asked for a damn decade?

The entire point is, Mike didn't have ANY of those guys, for 5 freaking years straight. Give him just half those guys, he suddenly has a deeper, better bench. You can pick the players, they'd all upgrade his roster. Joe and Deng, Rondo and Nate, Gortat and Rudy, Joe and Gortat, Deng and Rondo, Nate and Joe, I don't care, you pick the damn guys, they'd INSTANTLY make that team deeper during that 4 year run they were on. 3 of them without Joe, 1 of them without Joe AND Stat.

Leon Powe scored 20+ points on us IN THE FINALS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He beat us in game 2, how the **** you don't remember that man?

I remember it quite well acutally.

He was a marginal player that had a good game. Mike hasn't had those guys before? Leon Powe played a total 6 seasons averaging 6 ppg. Banks played 11 seasons avg 6 ppg twice avg double digits. So don't act like dude was some world beater.

Last edited:
I'm just sitting here like

SAEnrc3.gif

Yes, Doc was great in 2000, getting a .500 record, in the East and missing the playoffs. Job well done. :lol:

Did you know 9 of those guys played 75+ games?

This year's Laker team had 2, Wes, and Jodie.

Go on tho, compare the two. :lol:

Doc was literally 24-58, and won 66 games and the title the next year.

What, he learned how to coach over the summer? Or did the roster make some sort of difference?

The odds of them being able to keep kids on rookie contracts was slim, to none? Are you drunk already? What the **** you doin right now?

Marcus Banks, and can't keep rookie contracts, are you serious with this?

Keep them for what? A decade? Who asked for a damn decade?

The entire point is, Mike didn't have ANY of those guys, for 5 freaking years straight. Give him just half those guys, he suddenly has a deeper, better bench. You can pick the players, they'd all upgrade his roster. Joe and Deng, Rondo and Nate, Gortat and Rudy, Joe and Gortat, Deng and Rondo, Nate and Joe, I don't care, you pick the damn guys, they'd INSTANTLY make that team deeper during that 4 year run they were on. 3 of them without Joe, 1 of them without Joe AND Stat.

Keep dealing in hypotheticals broski. If he was such a damn great coach as you guys say he is, he should have been able to at least get to the Finals with a team that had a top 3 record in the league 4 years in a row. Ain't like those squads weren't loaded. Hell he was a Tim Thomas rebound away from losing to Kobe Bryant in the 1st round with a loaded squad, do you not remember that too?

PHX was right at or over the cap and tax in each year of that 4 year run, so yes, I'm pretty confident they wouldn't have been able to keep the majority or even a few of those guys. Can't pay Joe what ATL paid and Nash ($11 mil), Matrix ($15 mil) Amare ($12 mil) with Raja ($5 mil), Kurt Thomas ($8 mil) Barbosa ($6 mil) and afford any of those rookies for more than 1 year.

Just look at OKC they went through the exact same thing not two years ago. I'm sure they wanted to keep Harden and Jeff Green, it's just not possible, not everyone is Jerry Buss or Michael Prok and scoffs at the luxury tax. For you to expect them to be and use it as an excuse is just asinine.

Also MDA went from 21 wins in 2004 to 62 wins in 2005, did he learn to coach overnight, or did Nash come in and make his career? I mean he had Matrix, Stat and Joe Johnson in 2004.

Last edited:
it's just not possible, not everyone is Jerry Buss or Michael Prok and scoffs at the luxury tax. For you to expect them to be and use it as an excuse is just asinine.

Only, Robert Sarver was worth more money than Jerry Buss in 2005. (right when the Suns run began)

And like I told you, don't keep all 5 guys, fine by me, pick 3. Pick 2. Any of them, pick them. And suddenly, more talent is there for the taking. The Suns had no bench during that time, well, there was your bench. And the guy with more money than Buss didn't use it, he just wanted more in his pockets.

Of course I remember the Thomas rebound. The year Stat was out, and Raja was suspended for game 6, sure, I remember it well. Phil and Kobe in his prime damn near stole the series, and Mike came back from down 3-1 to win it, without Stat, and his best defender suspended on the road.

But hey, let's not look at that.

Does it have to be so black and white in that he had to make the Finals to validate himself as a good (or whatever superlative you choose) head coach?

2005 - Weren't better than the Spurs, but the Joe Johnson injury was monumental one way or another.
2006 - Pushed the Mavs to six games with basically no Amare all season (knee), and Thomas was out for the playoffs (stress fracture in foot). I think Bell was playing on a bad calf too.
2007 - Basically lost in the Finals to the Spurs. And we all know the Amare and Diaw story by now.

Yea whoopty damn do. You beat a team with Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Chris Mihm starting that won 42 games, I'm so impressed.

I think Steve Nash made MDA not the other way around, he did nothing before him and nothing of note after.

It's just amazing to me the excuses people pick and chose. Oh we didn't have Bynum and Ariza in 2008 other wise we'd have won, then we get mad a people for saying yea right sure, yet and Perkins gets injured in 2010 and it's hey we'd have won anyway. The realities are what they are, he didn't win or even get to the Finals for all his masterful offensive prowess.

It's just convenient to use it in what argument your making at the time, don't be a hypocrite.

And yes I think it is important that you validate it with something when guys in here are beating the drum that he's the best available and that nobody outside of Phil Jax or Pop is a real upgrade or at least as good. I'm sitting here like why? What has he done that makes him such a great coach? What validates him being better than Mike Brown who's an idiot but had LBJ and scrubs and went to the Finals. Or a SVG who went to the Finals with an unconventional offensive philosophy or Byron Scott whose been to the Finals twice with similar or lesser talent. What makes MDA so damn good that he deserves this squad if he doesn't have a prime Steve Nash running his show?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom