• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So....because Stat missed 80 games, 54 wins and the #2 seed is a......failure?

You drunk LTB?????

Also, Clips bench improve cuz Doc, or cuz team pulled Dudley, JJ, Davis, Hedo, Granger to go with Crawford?

Only 1 of those guys was on last year's bench.

So....because Stat missed 80 games, 54 wins and the #2 seed is a......failure?

You drunk LTB?????

You really take things outta context.

Here, I'll be more specific since you want to act like you don't know what I meant.

He failed to IMPROVE on his previous seasons record during the season of stats injury.

Doc improved his teams previous record with cp3 out for 20 games.

2 different situations.

I didn't call the entire season a failure.

You're comparing the two scenarios, so I added my thoughts to it.

Also, Clips bench improve cuz Doc, or cuz team pulled Dudley, JJ, Davis, Hedo, Granger to go with Crawford?

Only 1 of those guys was on last year's bench.

Yeah man fat boy Davis and old man Hedo were definitely the reasons for improvement. Anyone who watched clipper games would tell you they were essential to the teams success in their very limited minutes of low contribution.

C'mon man...

If the .00001% chance that happens, I'll want to off Jeanie and Mitch, cause we could have room for CP3 & Blake but Bean is taking up a third of the cap.

Even Kobe at $15mil getting both wouldn't happen

Kobe ($15mil) + Nash Stretch ($3.3) + Somewhere between 1-3,6-8 pick ($2.2 - $4.5)

Gives you $20.58mil-22.8mil

CP3 is $20.06mil

That's $40.64-$42.86

Add in Griffin $17.67mil

That's $58.31-60.53mil for 4 players

Then you take the $493,000 cap hold for every spot under 12 men, 8 x $493,000 = $3,944,000 that you had to stay under the cap to get those 4.

Unless we sold the draft pick for nothing, even the 8th pick doesn't allow us to put both of them together with Kobe at $15mil.

It's why I think, even if given the out, CP3 & Blake won't leave because they won't be able to play together.

The only way to get THREE max players in the NBA now is to sign 2, and hope a non-max player turns into a max player. Or you trade for a third max player. Signing all through Free Agency will no longer happen in the NBA.

Last edited:
So completely different bench, credit to Doc????

And Mike needed to win SIXTY THREE games, without Stat to improve by 1 game, and equal Doc.

That, is what you are saying, yes?

Not to mention the fact JJ was hurt for a long stretch of the season along with Crawford. Lol at Dudley, the line stepper and corpse of Danny Granger being anything but names on the bench. I'm sleep doe.

Last edited:
So who from last year's bench improved guys?

You credit Doc with improved bench, WHO the **** improved from last year fellas???????

The whole damn bench is new outside Crawford.

Nash was an all star in Dallas before MDA.
nash year before dantoni 14 and 9 had never shot above 50% for a season

nash after playing for dantoni 15 and 11 shooting over 50% for the next 6 years in a row

so as you said, you think it was nash that made dantoni and not the other way around

Oh, so... coaching has nothing to do with that?

Players got better over the course of one year...with a new coach.
I guess...thats just, a coincidence?

HAS TO BE! Definitely not any help from dantoni.

roll.gif

Cmon mamba. you're better than this.
Seriously... you usually make great points. Sometimes your points make so much sense they shut me up for the night.

But what kind of kindergarden points are you making right now?

CMON mamba. You're too smart for these type of statements.

I never took you as the kind of guy to judge a game based off of only the box score.
Saying stuff like that is the same as judging a teams performance solely based off of looking at the stat sheet and not even watching the games.

Dont be one of those guys.

improvements and regressions are more than just regular season records.
Anyone with 2 eyes can see the improvements in these players under Dantoni's tutelage...in only 1 year.

He shot 49% 4x, 48% 2x and 50% twice without MDA nice try though.

Last edited:
Three in Dallas, 4 in PHX when Alvin Gentry was the coach. When MDA left he was supposed to fall off the map right?

His assist numbers were as high as the MVP years after MDA left and his scoring took a slight dip. Nice try though.

Last edited:
so dantoni is a bad coach because steve nash did not go back to his mavs stats after dantoni left and the new coach ran the same exact offense

if deandre jordan averages the same numbers for a different coach next year would that mean doc rivers is overrated?

so dantoni is a bad coach because steve nash did not go back to his mavs stats after dantoni left and the new coach ran the same exact offense

if deandre jordan averages the same numbers for a different coach next year would that mean doc rivers is overrated?

Deandre didn't average the same numbers though. Had a 2 point jump in ppg and a 7 rpg improvement from last year. Mostly because Doc trusted him and kept him on the floor unlike VDN. Oh and Blake jumped 6 ppg and became an top 3 MVP candidate with CP3 missing a 3rd of the year.

That's not all on them. They believe in Doc.

Last edited:
My take on this constant D'antoni thing. 

I've said it multiple times. 

He's a good coach. He got extremely unlucky in 2007. Few unfair suspensions and he'd more than likely have one ring. That one ring would change the perception of this man drastically. A great example fo this is Doc Rivers. This game is a game of inches literally and D'antoni unfortunately had to suffer through that. They literally stepped onto the court a few inches and boom they're out. Amare and Diaw I believe. Go look at Diaw now and how important he is for the very Spurs D'antoni lost to. 

With that said, he's not the coach for LA. He just doesn't seem to be a leader. There's something missing with him. The team definitely needs a fresh start. He was set up to fail, with the perception he took Phil's spot. He's going to be let go, but there isn't a rush right now, especially with no great candidates available. 

Last edited:

Deandre didn't average the same numbers though. Had a 2 point jump in ppg and a 7 rpg improvement from last year. Mostly because Doc trusted him and kept him on the floor unlike VDN. Oh and Blake jumped 6 ppg and became an top 3 MVP candidate with CP3 missing a 3rd of the year.

So......The Clippers get knocked out in rd 1 or 2, then what?

Doc still good, or sucks now?

Purely hypothetical, but let's hope they get knocked out in the first round 
laugh.gif

Always felt he was highly overrated, but what do I know. Thibs was the real genius behind the Celtics those years. 

Considering the cloud that's hovering over the players with this Sterling situation, he's good either way.

didnt you get the memo? its okay to use excuses when talking about other coaches 

Who's making an excuse? Funny in damn near every basketball circle, Doc is seen as an elite coach. But here he's just regulated to MDA's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom