2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
rockets players and fans turning their back on Parsons :{  ......hope my boy shine every game against them fools 

I mean...did you hear what he said on his way out?

There's also a little bit of frustration becausetalked about feeling disrespected by the franchise trying to acquire bosh or Melo, but he had no problem recruiting Dwight to Houston then saying Omer Asik needed to act like a professional and play :lol

its gonna be some real good basketball mavs v rockets

Yea Wiggins is chopped liver, it's a done diggity, they want love, they are going to do what it takes to get em'.... would be surprised if the latter happened

So what about the speculation that there was already a *wink, wink* "Wiggins + Bennet for Love" deal between the Cavs and Wolves BEFORE Bron ever returned?

And if you guys have already discussed, direct me where the convo was so I can quote and agree w/ anyone who said this behind-the-scenes crap is ridiculous.

And smart.

So what about the speculation that there was already a *wink, wink* "Wiggins + Bennet for Love" deal between the Cavs and Wolves BEFORE Bron ever returned?

And if you guys have already discussed, direct me where the convo was so I can quote and agree w/ anyone who said this behind-the-scenes crap is ridiculous.

And smart.

;)

AD is going to be what everyone wished a prime sheed was going to turn into on both sides of the court

Hmmmmm. I was thinking better KG.

I don't think AD will ever have the Sheed range.

But interesting thought. Sheed coulda been ridiculous.

And smart.
wink.gif
Hey, I mean... *shrugs*

laugh.gif

Every part of me WANTS to do what most would do if they learned it were true: shake my fist in disgust.

But taking a step back, putting myself in the athlete's situation: DAAAAAMN right I want some sort of assurance before making that kind of Decision 2.0, so if it takes some behind-the-scenes dialogue between owners/GMs, hey, make it happen. Convince me.

Last edited:
Hey, I mean... *shrugs*

:lol

Every part of me WANTS to do what most would do if they learned it would true: shake my fist in disgust.

But taking a step back, putting myself in the athlete's situation: DAAAAAMN right I want some sort of assurance before making that kind of Decision 2.0, so if it takes some behind-the-scenes dialogue between owners/GMs, hey, make it happen. Convince me.

I would just be pissed because the same owner who cried like a little ***** in "basketball reasons" would have been doing shady stuff behind the scenes.

What if Minnesota drafted Wiggins?

Cavs wanted Parker but Parker didn't really wanna go to Cleveland when in reality it was Parker didn't wanna go to Minnesota

8o 8o

Noel
Davis
Aminu
Evans
Russ Smith/see below

Anderson
10th pick that isn't Rivers from the 2012 draft (Lamb, Henson, Plumlee, etc.)
10th? (probably better) pick from the 2014 draft (McDermott, Levine, Payton, etc.)
$30+ million in cap space

Asik
Davis
John ******* Salmons
Gordon
Holiday

Evans
Anderson
Rivers
Smith

(Over the cap)

Last edited:

30 is older in professional sports especially if those guys will asked to play a huge role

You have to take off your fan hat please. I'm a Spurs fan but if you said they could finish 4th next season, I wouldn't say you're crazy
How old were Ray, Pierce, and KG when they won in Boston?
How about Kobe and Pau when they won back-to-back rings?
How old was Wade when he won his last two?
Was Dirk under 35 when they won? Was ANYONE other than Tyson under 35 when the Mavs won?
laugh.gif

Were Duncan and Ginobili the same guys that won back in 99/05?

With the exception of LeBron James/Chris Bosh/Tony Parker, the teams that have won Championships since 2007 have all been laden with NBA veterans. A good mix of older, and some younger.
weren't 30 but they were vets. hell they were on their 3rd contract.

was in tears about 2 minutes in. dude be sleep on d. whoever he's guarding should just go to the corner and run baseline for the backdoor. 

Didn't Kobe have some American flag KBIIs?

laugh.gif

He was weird bike then

9/11 had just happened
think he gave them joints to 'bron when he went to see him play 
when i was reading this headline... i didn't know HOW it was gonna end..
"I kinda grew up with his brother. His older brother was in my class, his middle brother is one of my closest friends, so I've know Brandon since he was, I think, 15," Jefferson said, before reverting back into teasing mode. "I can't really say what I think about him. He just has such a terrible body. As far as NBA players go, it's him, Jared Dudley, Popeye Jones."
- Richard Jefferson

apparently Richard Jefferson just likes to prank guys... http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/24/5933531/richard-jefferson-hotel-prank-brandon-rush

1281965686richard_cruise1.jpg
no one at all is surprised. was a hellva an athlete though

The Pelicans' front office might be a bigger obstacle to Davis' greatness than opposing players.
^
tru
yep. and from a duke fan, getting Austin Rivers set them back
Either Parsons is sensitive as hell or Harden and Howard are full of themselves.
the latter....howard talking **** like his best years aren't already behind him
didn't care enough....still liked him though mj shrug

And smart.
Had a random thought relating to this today; if the Cavs stayed at #9 and drafted say Doug McDermott, does LeBron still return to Cleveland? Because there's probably no way the T'Wolves would accept McDermott, Bennett, etc right?

Last edited:

And smart.
Had a random thought relating to this today; if the Cavs stayed at #9 and drafted say Doug McDermott, does LeBron still return to Cleveland? Because there's probably no way the T'Wolves would accept McDermott, Bennett, etc right?
I forget who I was listening to, but they made that exact same point.... might have been the last BS Report I think

Lebron was returning regardless...

Too much of a great pr move with the publicity and the homecoming marketing angle on top of that...

Forget it I think he had this planned out.. If he won this three-peat I could see him going for 4 straight but if not I think he knew his plans

I think after rewatching tapes of Wade getting eviscerated by Tiago, LBJ's mind was made up, he was going back to CLE regardless. I don't buy this whole they know they are getting Love for sure, b/c in this 30 day window GS could decide to let go of Klay and they'll have the better deal. MIN doesn't HAVE to trade Love at all, let alone to CLE especially since he's going to become a free agent anyway, he can just go there after next season if he really wants to play with Bron that bad. Although LeBron's letter conspicuously leaving Bennett and Wiggins out of the return letter as young guys he's excited to play with does lean some credence to the conspiracy theory.

I think after rewatching tapes of Wade getting eviscerated by Tiago, LBJ's mind was made up, he was going back to CLE regardless. I don't buy this whole they know they are getting Love for sure, b/c in this 30 day window GS could decide to let go of Klay and they'll have the better deal. MIN doesn't HAVE to trade Love at all, let alone to CLE especially since he's going to become a free agent anyway, he can just go there after next season if he really wants to play with Bron that bad. Although LeBron's letter conspicuously leaving Bennett and Wiggins out of the return letter as young guys he's excited to play with does lean some credence to the conspiracy theory.

which tape is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom