2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the game from last season where I was just in awe of how this guy was dominating on both ends of the floor.

I just want to point out to the Bulls fans that this is the current Pau Gasol... Davis dominated but this is the norm for Pau. Any big man can bully him like this

Unfortunately.

Is he an active NT'er or just a flash in the pan ala B.Jennings?
or Josh Childress 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

He used to be around pretty regularly, but I haven't seen him in years.
I used to get him confused with @Ballahb  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I haven't seen him post since he posted Kevin was not going to agree to any extension besides the five year max. Kevin signed the four year extension a day later. :lol

Last edited:
Blake's my guy, but I have to wonder if he dropped out because he was concerned about making the final FIBA team and/or PT.

It's interesting that the rest of the world sees the States as some over patriotic nation but it's surprising how so many NBA players pull out of playing for their country. I know the World Cup isn't viewed the same as the Olympics in the States but yeah, just a random thought

You have no idea what you're talking about. Ten years ago, guys were tripping over themselves trying to find the best excuses to not play on the team. Now, it's ultra competitive. Just because a couple guys don't want to play doesn't mean we're all of a sudden some unpatriotic nation. Other countries don't have the luxury of players sitting out. If a guy doesn't want to play, he doesn't want to play. Blake was supposed to be on teams in the past, but injuries kept him out. Maybe he just doesn't want to put more wear than is necessary on his body? Especially considering how he plays.

Also, sometimes USA Basketball just doesn't have any interest in a particular player. Rondo is a good example. He had a terrible attitude in 2010, got upstaged by Rose, and was sent packing.

Blake's my guy, but I have to wonder if he dropped out because he was concerned about making the final FIBA team and/or PT.

I just don't think he fits the international game. He could make the team, but it'd become obvious right away that playing a Davis-Love-Aldridge rotation is much more effective than Blake.

Nah man.

He always battled staying healthy at the end of the season, why do this and risk not being there for the team when we need him most?

I just don't think he fits the international game. He could make the team, but it'd become obvious right away that playing a Davis-Love-Aldridge rotation is much more effective than Blake.
Thats exactly why I would want to see him play.

Surely the pace that we tend to play at would be to his advantage.... but how he fits in the half court would be another story, especially if we aren't running pick and rolls all day.

Last edited:
^^^ Eh, nobody's going to be playing for the Clippers next year anyway because of the Sterling situation.

Thats exactly why I would want to see him play.

Surely the pace that we tend to play at would be to his advantage.... but how he fits in the half court would be another story, especially if we aren't running pick and rolls all day.

Sure, against the teams that can't slow Team USA down. But he'd be completely useless against the teams that slow Team USA down.

Sure, against the teams that can't slow Team USA down. But he'd be completely useless against the teams that slow Team USA down.

Completely useless is a big overstatement, but Love, Davis and Aldridge are better suited for the international game.

You seem like you're still following the all-he-does-is-dunk narrative. I expect better from you.

Would be crazy if the unthinkable happened and the clippers were no longer a franchise.... what would happen to the players and said contracts, would it be just a lateral move under a new name and owner

Completely useless is a big overstatement, but Love, Davis and Aldridge are better suited for the international game.

You seem like you're still following the all-he-does-is-dunk narrative. I expect better from you.

No, I'm not following it at all. Interior play (which is where Blake thrives) in FIBA isn't nearly as physical as the NBA. The refs don't let you get away with as much. He'd be more foul prone.

give the clippers to an owner that wants to bring back the sonics plz........cp3 + blake would be todays  payton + kemp......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom