2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
And like I keep saying we will either make the playoffs or forfeit our pick. Don't see anything wrong with that. Small market teams need to take risk or always stay in the lottery. Asik is a good C anyway you slice it.

Or you can follow the example set by the spurs and thunder

This all depends on if jrue can run that team well and EG is even somewhat reliable as a scorer.

Pelicans can makes some noise soon

This all depends on if jrue can run that team well and EG is even somewhat reliable as a scorer.

Pelicans can makes some noise soon

EG has to start with staying healthy.. That would be a good first step for EG

Zach Lowe is reporting the pick is protected.. what's the official word?

i have no idea, but i trust his word. clutch fans (rockets fan site, but usually VERY credible or i wouldn't have even bothered) said it was top 3 protected.

brian windhorst in an espn article said if it's between 4-19, it's ours.

Last edited:
per zach lowe- Pick to HOU has Lowry-style reverse protections, per source. NOP keeps if in top 2/3 of lottery, and if it's 20-plus. In b/w, goes to HOU

so basically if it falls between the 4-19 range houston gets it. if not, it transfers to the next season that's possible.

Let me guess this straight. I wanna cry

1. Pelicans have AD
2. Pelicans draft Noel whose out all year so they suck and tank
3. Pelicans get top 3 pick because they suck
4. Pelicans draft Jabari
5. Pelicans overpay for a PG and SG

Lowry
Lance
Jabari
AD
Noel

1. Pelicans have AD
4. Pelicans draft Jabari

Lowry
Lance
Jabari
AD
Noel

what?

1. Pelicans have AD
4. Pelicans draft Jabari

Lowry
Lance
Jabari
AD
Noel

And could have kept sideshow bob who was on a cheap enough contract for a center.. And could have moved ryan Anderson like mid seasonish to a contender for draft picks

Also shouldn't have signed tyreke

And should have moved Gordon to Phoenix for picks

The Thunder about to be broken up and see how they were cheap when it came to Harden(Still a small market team....watch the fans turn on them). The Spurs have an amazing staff most of the league is not doing what they are doing.

Pelicans traded Robin Lopez for nothing and he's not that much worse than Asik if at all

Signed Gordon to a max deal when he said "my heart is in Phoenix"

Just to add to all of those other questionable moves they've made

I think the Pelicans can make some noise next year if they stay healthy.

Ant Davis was murdering it the second half of the season. I could see him emerging as a top 5 big in the game next year easily

The Thunder about to be broken up and see how they were cheap when it came to Harden(Still a small market team....watch the fans turn on them). The Spurs have an amazing staff most of the league is not doing what they are doing.

The thunder are?

Durant is under contract til 2016

Westbrook and ibaka until 2017

Then you have Reggie, Adams, lamb, pj3 and Roberson on their rookie deals

2 first round picks in this draft

And apparently the heat want to trade for Perkins (please lord baby Jesus let this be true)

Last edited:
I think the Pelicans can make some noise next year if they stay healthy.

Ant Davis was murdering it the second half of the season. I could see him emerging as a top 5 big in the game next year easily
I barely see them making the playoffs if things fall their way.. and I believe Davis will be All-NBA as soon as next year

I mean...

Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, Blazers and Warriors aren't going anywhere.

Mavs, Grizzlies, Suns and Nuggets are still lingering.. Mavs could f around and sign some game changers

Last edited:
The thunder are?

Durant is under contract til 2016

Westbrook and ibaka until 2017

Then you have Reggie, Adams, lamb, pj3 and Roberson on their rookie deals

2 first round picks in this draft

And apparently the heat want to trade for Perkins (please lord baby Jesus let this be true)
Yeah that is cool and I still think the team will be broken up. You can only make noise for so long before management turns on you. Are the Thunder going to wait for some of the Spurs team to retire before winning a chip? The Lakers will reload by then.

the thunder built their whole organization through the draft. durant, harden, westbrook, ibaka, jackson.

parker duncan ginobili all found in the draft, and now kawhi. if you're not a team that always gets the big FAs, that's how you have to build. and the pelicans threw all that away.

With the first pick in the 2018 NBA draft, the Oklahoma City Thunder select...
May be true.. But imagine what presti is going get for those guys, because there is no way in hell he's letting any of them walk freely
This is true.

Just look at what Bosh and James landed for Toronto and Cleveland when they left 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

but seriously, Jeremy Lamb? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Durant is 1000000% leaving if they don't win a title by the summer of 2016.

Thunder have 2 more seasons to get it done... and honestly I'm be shocked if they did it with this group they have now.

2 years isn't long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom