2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if the Grizzlies don't make a real improvement on the perimeter, I'm not sure if they make the playoffs.

We will be solely relying on 30+ year old players to stay healthy. If Memphis focuses on getting Conley help instead of overpaying Zbo and putting "shooters" around him, they will be much better off.

I think we have a better opportunity to win if Westbrook and ibaka aren't injured.. We aren't beating the spurs without those guys, especially with brooks as the coach

If certain guys aren't with the thunder by the end of the offseason, thus forcing brooks hand with other guys already on the roster.. Then I think the thunder have a better chance at winning
True but this offseason will say a lot for OKC for next season.
And yet still 3 wcfs in 4 yrs, including one without Harden and possibly 4 in 4 if not for a scrub *** player injuring their all star point guard.
wcfs dont keep roster spots and jobs. Just like Memphis 

I think we have a better opportunity to win if Westbrook and ibaka aren't injured.. We aren't beating the spurs without those guys, especially with brooks as the coach

If certain guys aren't with the thunder by the end of the offseason, thus forcing brooks hand with other guys already on the roster.. Then I think the thunder have a better chance at winning
And yet still 3 wcfs in 4 yrs, including one without Harden and possibly 4 in 4 if not for a scrub *** player injuring their all star point guard.
wcfs dont keep roster spots and jobs. Just like Memphis 
Memphis ain't make no 3 out of 4 WCFs.

They should send ol' lemon booty Beverley a fruit basket.

Julius F. Wrek

Please elaborate

Everyone important to the success of the team next season are already under contract for next season

The thunder's free agents are: thabo, fisher and butler

Please elaborate

Everyone important to the success of the team next season are already under contract for next season

Its still the bench that is the problem. Butler still get buckets tho. Feel if lamb could have stepped up like Jackson did when Westbrook was out in the playoffs(that year against the rockets) that would have made a different this season(maybe).

Memphis ain't make no 3 out of 4 WCFs.

They should send ol' lemon booty Beverley a fruit basket.

Julius F. Wrek

And OKC should send the NBA an eggplant for that suspension. :nerd:

Naw, I'm just playing.

Honestly, when I look at OKC, I don't see a team winning the championship. They are obviously still missing a better coach and another good wing. Even with Brooks, they could probably still win if they just got another good wing player. They've had some terrible luck in the past with injuries, but they've never made the NBA Finals without Harden so...:nerd: Ibaka was hurt in the Spurs series, but his numbers reflect him doing just as well as he did the entire playoffs.

Last edited:

Please elaborate

Its still the bench that is the problem. Butler still get buckets tho. Feel if lamb could have stepped up like Jackson did when Westbrook was out in the playoffs(that year against the rockets) that would have made a different this season(maybe).
Julius F. Wrek

Maybe I just look for domination when looking at a championship team.

The Spurs dominated in the playoffs when they won.
The Heat dominated in the playoffs when they won.

I didn't get the feel of domination during OKC's 1st round matchup, at all. I didn't get it against the Clippers, either. I felt like it was a team that caught a lot of lucky breaks and that's when they were HEALTHY. But, they definitely need that extra scorer or low post big to get that dominant feel. I feared the Spurs in the playoffs when we faced them. I did not fear OKC at all.

Please elaborate

With Westbrook back, Jackson goes to the bench as the primary scorer off the bench and backup pg

And lamb played well the first half of the season when he got consistent mins (kinda necessary for young players).. Then butler came in and brooks played butler and fisher as the backup wings

Butler was complete crap in the playoffs and brooks still continued to play him

And for the record, Jackson and lamb combined averaged more than harden did his last year with the thunder and when we went to the finals (maynor was hurt in 2011)

I didn't get the feel of domination during OKC's 1st round matchup, at all. I didn't get it against the Clippers, either. I felt like it was a team that caught a lot of lucky breaks and that's when they were HEALTHY. But, they definitely need that extra scorer or low post big to get that dominant feel. I feared the Spurs in the playoffs when we faced them. I did not fear OKC at all.

Brooks is our biggest problem.. And would have been if we had played the heat..

Seriously look how long it took for him to even try Adams vs you guys..

But I can pretty much guarantee he would have went back to starting thabo vs the heat to guard wade.. Instead of going with Westbrook and Reggie and forcing wade to have to guard one of them on the other end instead of resting on thabo

With Westbrook back, Jackson goes to the bench as the primary scorer off the bench and backup pg

And lamb played well the first half of the season when he got consistent mins (kinda necessary for young players).. Then butler came in and brooks played butler and fisher as the backup wings

Butler was complete crap in the playoffs and brooks still continued to play him

And for the record, Jackson and lamb combined averaged more than harden did his last year with the thunder and when we went to the finals (maynor was hurt in 2011)
Wasnt Jackson still getting buckets in their last game in the playoffs. It was KD, Westbrook, and Jackson that was scoring.....that is the problem

They'd been playing terrible ball since a bit before the All Star break.

For some reason a general malaise set in and just wouldn't leave...

Lambo hit a massive wall this season, and then  they brought in Caron Buttler...which was a bad pickup.

Memphis might have actually discovered that they play a bit better without ZBo in the lineup,

They put up their best offensive quarter of the season since he couldn't take being embarrassed by Steven Adams...

Julius F. Wrek

Wasnt Jackson still getting buckets in their last game in the playoffs. It was KD, Westbrook, and Jackson that was scoring.....that is the problem

Ibaka was hurt and missed the first 2 games vs the spurs.. Then brooks relied heavily on guys who couldn't really give you anything (butler, fisher, Perkins and thabo)

With some of those guys he realized their mins should be cut (Perkins) or they should not be playing at all (thabo)

One of his primary objectives during the season should have been to get lamb, pj3 and Adams solid mins every game during the regular season just in case they would be needed in the playoffs

Westbrook was down for a good chunk.. And thabo and Perkins both missed around 20 games or so.. He still was incapable of doing this

Ibaka was hurt and missed the first 2 games vs the spurs.. Then brooks relied heavily on guys who couldn't really give you anything (butler, fisher, Perkins and thabo)

With some of those guys he realized their mins should be cut (Perkins) or they should not be playing at all (thabo)

One of his primary objectives during the season should have been to get lamb, pj3 and Adams solid mins every game during the regular season just in case they would be needed in the playoffs

Westbrook was down for a good chunk.. And thabo and Perkins both missed around 20 games or so.. He still was incapable of doing this
Let's not forget about Collison.

Julius F. Wrek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom